1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers won last night but no one on here knows it!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Joshi, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    The Pittsburgh Steelers lost the following players between last year and now; Bell, Brown, Ben, and Tuitt. tomlin has somehow coached this team to a 3-4 record, including beating the Chargers with an UFA quarterback. The defense is playing hard and well, which is not the opposite of perfect.
    In all, I am very proud of the coaching job and how well this undermanned team is playing.
    I love the trade for Fitzpatrick as he is a very good player (better than any d-back we could draft next year in the 10-15 range).

And yet I come on here and there is a thread about trading for a bum like Mariotta, complaining that Tomlin isn’t Belichick (either is anyone else and it’s not close), and everything except how well the team played yesterday. I sometimes feel like many of you have not competed and don’t understand that no team will ever be perfect in sports because the other guy on the other team is also trying to win!

This will be a 6-10, or maybe 8-u season at best. But that doesn’t mean you can’t be proud of how well this team has played under EXTREMELY difficult circumstances. Enjoy the journey and gain some perspective on football and it’s very limited role in your life.

First ever post but a Steelers fan since 1975 so that argument about my credibility is pointless.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Everybody is Lombardi on the interweb!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    We beat a 0-7 team -- and it wasn't even a blowout. What did you expect? High fives all around?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers beat the Dolphins by 13 points. I will take that. Lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    A win is a win but we were down 14-0, at home, versus literally the worst steam in history...

We won, but let's not act like we just blew out the Patriots in Foxboro.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    dude this is a rebuilding team with a backup QB at the helm. You expect us to be a 14-2 juggernaut or what lol.

I think half of us are happy with a promising future, the other half is happy if we can somehow get a playoff spot. This is probably the worst Steelers team in the Ben era and he is not even playing.

7-9 with hard fought losses is fine in my book, of course with 2 teams not winning it all lol.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hi new member

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The best part of this season is that Rudolph is getting a lot of seasoning at QB. So if Ben does come back full strength next year and does have to miss a game or two, then Rudolph can step right in as a battled tested veteran instead of a wide eyed novice.
    This year is a wash anyway with the Patriots coasting to the AFC title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The team continues to show that they will fight with everything they have no matter how things look. I'm glad our team has more backbone than our fans, many of whom seem to fold at any adversity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This should not be a rebuilding team. Look how many high draft picks we have on this team, especially on D. Yes, we lost our starting QB, but so did NO and they kept rolling right along. NE was 11-5 with Matt Cassell under center. Other good teams lose their starting QB and keep rolling. Besides, even last year with Ben and AB, we didn't make the playoffs.

Our problems run deeper than just a few injuries. This team has underachieved for a long time, especially against inferior teams.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I love Monday Nights when were looking for a win and Tuesday mornings when we've found one!!! Go Steelers!!!!:herewego!:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's not adversity, it's being sick and tired of seeing the same result, and that's a lack of playoff success. I don't think anyone expected us to go far this year once Ben went down, but surely down by 14 at home to the worst team in the league is below even the lowest of expectations.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Great post!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    short answer coaching staff is not good. Also talent on offense is not great. regressed O line, beaten up backs(fb) and not many WR that can seperate. Cowboys got pooper and changed their whole offense. It's amazing what one player can do. look at mink

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    good post and i agree

16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Great post

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Great post :shrug:;)

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We lost our backup QB for 2 games as well. They aren't doing too bad all things considered.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Dilly Dilly Ole Chap......... upload_2019-10-29_10-9-29.jpeg Life imitating art imitating sports. :thumbs up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You act like the Steelers are some dominant team, so what if they didn't win 35-0, the Dolphins didn't score after getting 14 points early. They won by 13 points. I will take it.

21. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    What many of us have a hard time accepting is how much of drop off there has been without AB. I hate it. But there's no denying it. And possibly even more damaging is the loss of Munch. We have the same OL, but it's not the same without Munch. The entire offense is struggling as a result. And then handicap them further without the best route runner in the game. Ben getting hurt was just insult to injury (no pun intended).

But none of that is an excuse for poor coaching at the top. How many years has Tomlin had to fix our bye-week hangover? How many years have we played down to the level of our opponents? Jibber-jabber just keeps doubling down on rhetoric. He inherited a supremely talented team and did nothing with it. On his watch, he squandered the most talented offensive unit maybe to ever play the game. His coaching greatness created a situation where two elite athletes couldn't stand to play for him and wanted off the team at all costs.

I'm happy that we battled and didn't succumb to our own inadequacies. I'm thrilled that we were able to overcome bad coaching and lack of preparation and come out with a win. But with proper coaching and preparation, we should have had the game in hand after our first drive last night. We didn't. That's a problem. That's been our problem since Tomlin took over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    …..one with an exaggerated sense of self worth and the other, just plain nuts!

23. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Well, there are one or two here who are fans of other teams (one is a Ratbird fan) and are pretending to be Steeler fans. They are here to sow hate and discontent mostly, you know, troll undercover.

24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Truth is, most of us are happy with a win, but not blind to the fact that there are problems that need to be addressed so that the Steelers can get wins against teams better than the Dolphins. I'm thrilled to have another W, but there are areas that, if not addressed, will be problematic in future games, and passionate fans tend to care about that, so there can be, you know, more wins.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    We beat that team by 13.