1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Next up, Jets

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I admit, I sold Denver short, I had this as a sure victory. I didn't think Manning who was a year out of football and a creaky neck would do that to us. I thought he would be rusty and he was, for about 5 minutes, then he destroyed us.

So now here come the Jets, who I also have as a sure victory for us, but after yesterday, I have doubts. We'll have Clark back, which is huge, will JH be back? We need him, our pass rush was inept last night. Sanchez is no Manning but he looked good yesterday. Revis has a concussion, so we have that going for us too, I expect big things from the offense next week, the Bills hung 28 on them. I just don't know what to expect out of the D.

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The Jets looked good yesterday. But, I don't think they are as good as the Bills made them look. But we do have to play better no matter who suits up.

3. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    not to worried about the wildcat. besides, the Steelers have some payback to do to Tebow.

they should be able to establish a better run game against the Jets than they did against the Broncos. they also get Clark back and maybe Harrison.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sanchez isn't Manning. We still could have won that game. Two trips to the red zone for 6 points is inexcuseable. It is what it is. I hope to see a lot more Heath and maybe a little more Wallace. I liked that Dwyer looked a little like Bettis. I say we win. Maybe we get to smack Tebow around a little bit also. Will be fun to watch. :herewego:

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm going to go ahead and predict a win :herewego: :herewego: :herewego:

7. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    And I'm going to be there live and in person...wooooo

8. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Not to be Debby Downer but I think the sky has finally fell. I don't see us winning next week niether. I love the Steelers and I know that was only one game but our defense needs to be rebuilt. Our Secondary and Safeties should put sun tan lotion on before the games because they get burned all day long. Our offensive line............. oh my gawd, I thought all the defensive linemen for the Bronco's had EZ passes the way they were coming through the line. This is gonna be a long year but hey, at least we have two games against the Clowns.
    Go Steelers!
    -slick

9. SteelerLady

SteelerLady Active Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I'm going to be there too!! So excited! Never been to a home game before! :-D

10. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well sadly i predicted a steelers loss to denver.. without clark .. agains manning.. we ose that game 80% of the time.. but i think we beat the jets .. they already had their game of the year yesterday

HINES

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I also predicted a loss to the Broncos and it went pretty much as I expected.....with that being said I am going to say we beat the Jets and only because I am praying we come out and play pissed off :praying:

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    They'll handle the Jets. Don't worry.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Tebow isn't starting.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You are going to love it. My first game was a couple seasons ago, against the Jets no less. Sadly, they lost to the bums but it was such a great time that it was the least upset I have ever been after a loss. Hope you get to see a win though! :yeehaw:

15. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    just curious, but what makes you so sure? did you see something that i didnt? we will play 10 yrds off the recievers and sanchez will have a big day. I hope your right cause I love my steelers, but I am worried

16. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt he will be very effective if he truly had a concussion. Maybe, it is Revis after all.

19. 322 Steeler Fan

322 Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Steeler's defense matches up a lot better against the Jet's offense than manning and the Broncos.

20. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Santonio`s coming back "home", right?
    I have no illusion that this will be easy... What game ever is anymore?,
    But I do like the fact that we are at home, and we should be playing hungry, not cocky, after that loss in Mile high...
    GO STEELERS!!!

21. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Who was expecting the Jets to dismantle the Bills? C'mon lets be honest.
    I think the Jets will play us tough, as Bart Scott says, Can't WAIT!

22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    J ust

E nd

T ebow's

S eason

(if he plays, I'm sick of hearing his name)

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're an angry man, lol. You hate two of the nicest people in the league, Aaron Rodgers and Tebow :butcher:

24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Rogers doesn't bother me at all, but Tebow is a whole other story. Maybe it's just living in SEC country and having to hear about him 24-7, but I absolutely hate that @#@#@#!~~!$@$@#@. If he died in a fire I might actually cheer.

With that out of the way I figure the Steelers are an 8-8 or 9-7 team so we open the 2012 season 0-2 and last place in the AFC North.

25. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I blame the media for Tebow mania, he is a nice guy I'm just sick of hearing his name, as for Rodgers I don't like him doing his Belt thing after every TD. ( it's gotten old)