1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Giants have released Tuzar Skipper

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Heard Harrison has been working out :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He signed onto the Giants PS.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Everybody lose their minds... Obviously, There must be something with the guy...Bad practice habits, horrible attitude, tweener, halitosis, just not very good...

I'm betting the...Just not very good... There's a reason every single team passed on him

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes it's called almost two months into the season and taking on a project player on your 53 when injuries are on a bit of an upswing this year. He chose to go back to the Giants because he knew the situation and their playbook. If he had more time in Pitt and hadn't worked his tail off for them to be cast off for a guy that can't catch and adds nothing to the team he probably would have come back.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Holton had just as good a preseason as Tuzar did AND Holton is the Better ST player.......

I knew In my heart Tuzar was going to clear waivers..... was really hoping we’d sign him to the PS...... not sure why he resigned with the giants onto their PS...... we can still sign him to our 53 if need be but something says the Steelers won’t touch him until the offseason for some reason .....

Cajun

6. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    With their WR corps lacking, the Steelers should sign Zamir Cobb.

7. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Although he's on the Giants practice squad, he's still available to us 24/7 whenever we need him ...by virtue of claiming him off their PS

8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

This is technically true, but you have to put him on the 53 man roster and keep him there IIRC. Seeing that they already cut him from the PS, it seems pretty doubtful that they sign him to the 53 man roster when he was considered quite expendable two weeks ago.

But I am Curious to know how often this happens in a typical NFL season, I doubt it's more than a handful of times league wide.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Did he work his tail off? He looked good in games but I at least don't really know what he was doing in practices and camp. With as thin as the Steelers are at OLBer you'd think they could have fit him on the 53 if they thought he could contribute at all. There must be something they don't like about him.

And to be clear, I would have put in a waiver claim on him given our lack of depth at OLBer and how he looked in preseason games. It just strikes me as a red flag that the Steelers seemed to have no interest in getting him back.

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He was at the facility ready to sign to the practice squad when the team was notified that the Giants had made a waiver claim on him. I believe the report was he thought they were pulling his leg. I don't think they had any problem with him other than they felt they needed Holton for special teams and there were two other OLB's with more time with the team. Once the injuries started to pile up it was too late he was on the Giants squad.

As far as putting in a waiver claim this time around, I'm pretty sure he would have had to be placed on the 53 for a certain length of time whichange would put limits on what moves the team could do with the way guys are dropping. In the end it comes down to his choice to stay with a team he has been with a month or go back to Pittsburgh and start at zero, or anywhere else for that matter. Seems like a solid choice to stay with the Giants.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    True, and he’s not eating a spot in our practice squad. He clearly is not worth a spot in anybody’s 53.

12. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Ray rice knockout video happened