1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FIRE T.HALEY NOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Sep 10, 2012.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I can't believe I haven't seen this posted yet? 1st and goal at the 3 and we settle for a field goal on 3 botched pass attempts, if it was BA there would have been 15 threads with this heading. And before you say it, I didn't like BA either but it wasn't all his fault, what we watched was our new oc have to call plays with the same o-line we had last season and what happened? Yep, 1st and 10 we run and lose 5 yard, 2nd and 15 we run and get some back and all night 3rd and long. If that isn't prdictable then I don't know what is but I will give him credit for coming up with the fancy bubble screen, at least it looks better.

2. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Honestly, if noone had told me Bruce was gone and Todd was in, and I just watched last night's game being ignorant of that fact, I never would have known the swap had taken place.

Meanwhile, Manning can come into a new city, new stadium, new team, with a new neck, and slaughter a team that has been playing together for years. That is called 'real' preparation and real football.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It was one game not the entire season. Just settle down, they moved the ball quite well up and down the field, yes they left plenty of points on the field. But, just by switiching coordinators your not going to punch it in everytime. Some blame has to go on the players, take for example the one Ben missed Heath, all he had to do was get a little more under it and it's an easy touchdown, the guy tipped it and we had to settle for a FG. How is that Haley's fault?

4. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    That is the most hypocrisy I had ever witnessed!!! My point you made perfectly!! We would have had 10 threads had the exact same thing happen with BA and I can tell you the first one..."We didn't even attempt to run, I think it is time to FIRE BA NOW and get someone who knows how to use a full back and run the ball at the goal line." Yes, he had a full back but at the goal line on 1st down he didn't even attempt it. I've witnessed players dropping passes in the endzone and it was BA's fault for not trying to run so this guy gets a pass for the same offense??? Give me a break man.

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wreck, you misspelled "noon". And besides, that sentence makes no sense either.

6. ScottQ

ScottQ Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Our offensive line was not opening up holes. We had more bounces outside than I can remember in a game. When you get close to the goal line, you can't "take it outside" because all the defenders are right there. Our o-line struggled to punch it in last night not because of offensive philosophy but because we were not able to control the line of scrimmage. Just my 2 cents.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Maybe you missed the run on 1st and goal and Redman was knocked back for a 3 yard loss? Sure blame Haley and not Mike Adams gettting beat like a little school girl on his block. You play to your strengths within the game and the Steelers were passing the ball much better than they were running it last night.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's his first game with his new team, lets not get carried away. Mike Adams isn't a bust either, he's a rookie in his first ever game, give the guy some time to develop.

9. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I got sick of seeing Ben change the play at the line, time and time again, and what did he call? I delayed handoff, up the middle for -1 or -3 yards.

Denver had the ball what, 36 seconds in the 3rd quarter? They scored a touchdown. Not us, up and down the field with no points. Same sh*t, different year.

10. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  11. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly the same thing I would read on here time and time again when Bruce was at the helm of the offense :lolol:

12. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I feel like the only time we move the ball up and down the field is when Ben is in the no huddle.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Seriously. I'm having a hard time believing it's real.

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not because the majority of the people who wanted Arians out couldn't accept the fact that the majority of our offensive woes were due to a poor offensive line and player execution in general, Ben's game ending pick 6 last night a perfect example. So.... just like with Arians it's all the OC's fault so why would anyone be surprised about a fire Haley post in week one LOL!

15. grannieBurgh

grannieBurgh Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    what CANTON STEEL posted

16. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Not me. I wanted him out because of his obvious flaws in play calling and his inability to adjust. The same reasons the Steelers organization wanted him out. I also gave him several seasons of pathetic play calling before I called for his removal.

17. Somathus

Somathus Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Then you are blessed because this isn't hypocritical at all. The firs BA threads did not start showing up until after 2 or 3 years of consistent bad play calling. I thought the offense looked quite a bit more dynamic then it has in the past. How about giving the team a few games to get the system down?

18. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Thank you!!!! :clapping:

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, this thread is so weak, really lame. It's like a high school kid who shoots his load before even getting it out of his pants. Waiting all off season to post this type of thread and 1 game in there it is... ooh oohh ooohhhhhhhh :facepalm:

I gave BA a long time before I started admitting it was time for him to go, I'm going to give Haley at least a season. Calling for his ouster after 1 game is pathetic. And by the way, anyone who was keeping count knows I did not want Haley in Pittsburgh, but he's here and so i'm giving him a chance.

20. 7+83=7

7+83=7 Active Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly...lets switch to the "Red Zone Fade Route" not where we can get space ..but where Wallace is tucked in the corner....That being said I saw alot of good things with alot of missing personal...we will be fine... I hope

21. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Thank you B&G since'72, you got the meaning spot on. Everyone complained about BA not running and when the poor o-line play was mentioned he would be blamed for not having a better blocking scheme yet the EXACT same thing happens and now everyone suddenly sees how poor play and not an OC is the real problem with the offense.

22. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    Thing is I didn't even see ANY reason for this type of thread anyhow other than anxiously waiting all off season just to come in here and deface Haley. I'm guessing the OP was hoping Haley looked bad....which I don't think he did.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Haley didnt inherit a number 1 offense to work with, he isnt going to turn it around any time soon either, it's going to continue to be a work in progress with this poor excuse of an Oline:

24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    1st & goal from 3 yd line and we call 3 straight pass plays? I don't care how suspect the OL is. If you can't get 3 freaking yards on 3 downs then you might as well stay home. What happened to our options? BR was once a threat to take it himself. I know he is still capable. Where was the FB? I mean for crying out loud, go heavy three times and punch the damn ball in. I am not ready to say FTHI but there were some head scratchers play calls last night. Overall improved but still work to do. Execution was overall worse than play calling last night. Ben needs to shoulder some of the blame too. Missing a wide open Heath in the EZ, the pick 6 was all on BR. He did make some great Ben type plays when plays broke down but he also cost us. Why doesn't Ben scramble any more? Especially on the goal line bootleg. Is he just too old and fragile now? Been like this for a couple seasons now.

25. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Its not the Coaches nor is it the REFS fault, the easy answer is the palyers gotta come to play and being the first game they really have to make a statement as to what type of team they are going to be and it wasn't a good out come for our boys. Next week they will right the ship and get the train headed in the right direction bet on it. :superman: