1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Disgusting

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How original, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Be careful the truth hurts some people around here and you will be belittled because you have a opinion different from theirs. Instead of skimming past things they don’t agree on or attempting to have a conversation,you will hear unproductive comments. You’re entitled to your opinion don’t let them deter you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :beathorse:

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks for proving my point:shrug:

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So is every team gonna now use the Belichick loophole to kill time off the clock?

6. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Broncos’ Sanders traded to 49ers.
    This league is fixed.

7. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey I'm good. Thick skin. This message board is a great outlet. I grew up in the "jungle". Not much that I have not encountered in my lifetime. No judging here (smile). STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    In Belichecks universe that seemingly being able to recall and implement a change in an instant. That preparation, along with an incredible instant recall is what sets him apart. Their D this year would rank 5 or higher in every fantasy O category..that is insane. There are some ways I hate that guy, but what he has done with average talent over 2 decades is incredible.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s crazy he realizes his offense is missing some talent and slipping some. So what does he do? He just takes over the D and makes them the best in the NFL. Ridiculous.....

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah but he is cool... He is not wrong. There does seem to be an abnormal love for the Patriots and all things Patriot. One day we can look forward to Tommies retirement and then what we will post about .

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    And what comes after shat. New growth. Shat is fertilizer... He is not the worst coach but for the Steelers he is a plague.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Huh? You literally belittle him with your " Original zzzzzz" comments and then try to build poster back up by telling him to just ignore folks beatin on him lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Huh?

14. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Your his wife. You are suppose to say this :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He was actually mocking the NFL and the loophole. He said they should probably close it but for now it’s still open. He’s unbelievable....smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think someone was confused.......

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think so. If the quote don’t fit then you must acquit. It’s ok I’ve been wrongfully accused of worse...lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    It is possible to be unhappy with a situation, such as the OLB situation, but see no better present alternatives.

It's also possible that that was a shot at Colbert.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Evidently it’s a crime around here to try and compare something to the best and how you want to see improvements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Sorry.. wrong poster lol..

23. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

.................or if you are disappointed that you don't win the SB...............

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelDeal.

Thanks for the support. Some folks here talk about an "obsession" with the Patriots. They should realize that it is not about the Patriots per say rather who is the cream of the crop. Right now it probably is the Cheats. Would it make those complaining feel better if we talked about....let's say the Dolphins.

No, it would not because they just plain stink. So, of course to have a decent conversation, that makes sense, a poster is going to talk and compare to the team that is currently in poll position. As stated many times, in most sports it is a copy-cat league. Even beyond that there are intangibles that must also be considered when analyzing a first rate organization vs. the bottom of the barrel. The Cheats could be the Jaguars. I could care less.

Right now it would not hurt, and who says they are not, for the Steelers' Brass to look at some of the things the Poll Position team is doing to be successful and see where those concepts may possibly fit into our program. I am sure that teams at given points in time looked at what the Steelers were doing to be successful and tried to emulate those items such as the implementation of the 3-4 when it was not popular. At one point, and still to a degree (although probably less now) the Steelers are still the Gold Standard that some teams and their fan base are obsessed with. We just have got to find our way back to the top. STEELWINDS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice post. I’m glad you get it. I understand it’s probably frustrating and hard to listen to but it’s the reality of striving to be on the same level as who is currently ruling the roost, that happens to be NE. It could be anyone but the goal should be to get to that level. Like you said it’s a copycat league and IMO the Steelers are trailing compared to what other teams are doing. That goes back to my criticism of the coordinators and by default Tomlin.

On offense I see a emphasis on more play action and motions (eye candy) if you will to keep defenses off balance and guessing. We’ve basically abandoned PA the past few years and now seem to finally be trending back towards it. I know the QB situation with Ben was a major factor but it could of easily been incorporated even just a little more. I think it would of made a difference. The QBs around Ben’s age and older are still doing it.

The motions on O are another area we are lacking and could be another tool to use in our arsenal. I just feel we are behind the curve, instead of at or above it. We have a young team on O and I worry about their progression and development with a coaching staff that seems to be behind the times. The league is constantly evolving and you have to have the right minds in place to keep up. The rules have made it easier for offenses but you have to be able to know how to take advantage of that.

I’ve rambled long enough but basically i feel the same way about the defensive side of the ball. Long story short I think we can improve all three coordinator positions.