1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

When Atlanta finally has enough....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Sep 29, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He doesn't get any credit from this board when the team wins, even after some Steelers wins you have fans on here bitching about the HC :facepalm:. But as soon as the team loses a game, the board is full of fire Tomlin threads :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    When they win I give the team credit. It’s just when they lose I don’t only blame the players and the mistakes they may have made. I blame the coaches for their mistakes as well. Every win/ loss shouldn’t come down to a player making a mistake. Games are lost behind the scenes as well and every game shouldn’t have to come down to a final drive and somebody making a mistake. Things that happen early in games dictate the outcome as well. Prime example the wildcat against Balt. That was a plan destined to fail and that falls on Tomlin for putting his players at a disadvantage from the start. It’s hardly the first and only time his teams have started games not having a clue.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That wildcat play was a dumb call, but the players still need to execute, Samuels needs to be smarter and throw the ball away. Read this board after a loss, the players get absolved, it's all the coaches fault.

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m here all the time I see some of it. Some of it’s unfair. At the same time yes Samuels shouldn’t throw the ball but when you put guys in uncomfortable positions they are gonna make mistakes. That’s one of a coaches most important jobs, putting players in a position to succeed. We simply don’t do that nearly enough. If every plan has to pass by. Tomlin's desk every week he’s ultimately responsible. Sorry but that’s just the way it is as a HC

• Like Like x 2
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The coaches do deserve some criticism for the team failures, but some fans on here are a joke, not you but some guys on here complaining about the HC after a win is ridiculous. They just hate the guy, and refuse to give credit for anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I get that. I just try to call things as I see it with no preconceived notions. I don’t have anything against Tomlin I just think his time is up. Now if you tell me we’re gonna fire. all or coordinators and bring in some real ones. I’d have no problem with Tomlin staying. It doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen. So to me they all can go. Bottom line is it’s nothing personal I’m not happy or even content with the results of the last 10+ years. Sometimes you just need new blood.

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I could see Butler being let go at the end of the season, his contract is up, they might promote Austin to DC. I think Fichtner stays, that's Ben's buddy, they did have the #1 redzone offense in 2018 so he's not totally incompetent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Butler gotta go. I really don’t want to promote from within. I don’t think Austin is proven enough for us, especially if Ben is back healthy. I want a proven presence at DC for 1 more run at a SB. Fichtner?lets see how he does with the young guys the rest of the season. How much of that RZ efficiency was due to Ben? If he’s back next year maybe. If not for some reason we will know by the end of this year if Fichtner is the right guy for our young QBs future.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

I have been stating this all season. Austin has the experience. It is all about Austin getting his shot here.

The talent is here. Just a matter of putting the pieces into the correct place.