1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Disgusting

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What’s next Tomlin won with Cowher’s players

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hate them, hell yeah but the New England Patriots are an amazing organization with a brilliant Head Coach and the greatest QB of all time. Yeah I just puked but I have surrendered to them. 19-0 this season and Tommy rides into the sun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If I'm not on ignore list and you see this I suggest you take everybody off ignore because there is love for you in some of these post. You seem way to sensitive for a Steeler fan.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I think its actually the opposite. They try too hard. The Pats are so deep inside the entire NFL's collective heads that players, coaches, and franchises out think themselves trying to beat them. That's why there are so many head scratching things that happen in their games.

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I'm not at all sure he would have done that in previous years. At least I don't recall him doing that. With Patricia gone Belichik has reassumed that position and responsibilities as DC. He was talking to his defense in that role not as HC.

6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog. Yeah, none of us really do not know what is going on during the work week and how/if he delegates responsibilities to his subordinates. Yes, the optics of what we see on TV are all about what we have to go off of at least from a surface standpoint. However, the proof is in the pudding as you watch our games unfold. The optics are sometimes (maybe usually) not good from what little vantage point we do get on the TV.

However, what we can observe is that which is most important.... The play on the field. I do not know about the rest of you but from my view more often than not I am left scratching my head with in game decisions. Yes, he can not run or throw the ball for his players but he does sign off on the overall plan for all games; which in turn ultimately makes him accountable for the our performance. In fairness to him as SteelerGlenn states: Fans cheer, Players play and Coaches coach! Given that, I am not going to blame him for every fiasco that occurs as ultimately the players do have to execute. STEELWINDS

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

You will learn soon that he offers nothing to this form........and when you call him out and go at it with him you will get put on the ignored list!

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Thorn058. I try to respect everyone's opinion. We are all entitled. I guess if there are any issues with any board members TSS is on top of it. In the meantime, I will continue to read on and contribute the best way that I know how. This board is great for all of us; especially once the original board went down years ago. TSS and his crew have done a great job of giving us all a place to congregate and interact with one another through the good, bad, and indifferent. I for one am enjoying my participation after many years of being an onlooker. Take care. STEELWINDS

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I think that would be a good idea!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    There should be a contest to see who starts another Tomlin thread. That horse is not only beaten, its killed, cooked, eaten, and shat.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    TTF but yeah I agree :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Even if they go 19-0 they will try and find a way to improve on that as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I am sensitive.

• Like Like x 3
  14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @STEELWINDS I think you miss quoted me here. No problem with your thread or opinion.

15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow Patriots just got Sanu.

We could have used him.
    Oh wait, we have Moncrief

• Like Like x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    They did lose 1 preseason game, Bill won't stand for that next season. 23-0 will be the new goal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Sorry Thorn. Yes, that post was for NY
    Sorry Thorn. Yes, that reply was for NY Steelerfan

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Catch what he did last night. He’s just toying with coaches now...smh

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1860480

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was dosing off during the game last night but I did see that. I thought he'd let the play clock run out again just to be spiteful. He should have trotted the offense back out there and got the first down (or a TD), just to show the league who's in charge around here.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If only Tomlin was as obsessed with the Patriots as some of the fans are accused of being....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He also was the coach talking about deferring to get the ball in the second half on the road because most people are not back in their seats yet from halftime and the crowd isn't as loud. As you said, who thinks about this.:cool:

22. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Fwiw...I’m a patent attorney. I “scout” the examiners in the tech units my applications typically are assigned into. It’s very helpful to know which ones are neutral, open to dialogue, dig-their-heels-in types, and so on. When you’re pursuing the best possible outcome, it makes sense.

23. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK then. I guess I now know what we're going to be watching next Monday Night.............[​IMG] ;)

24. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    In regards to the bleeding of the clock, I'm not sure why that is even a big deal in the sense of it was during a 33-0 rout. Like those extra 50 seconds or so would have meant something. Why not do it during a closer game, when those seconds might matter? I know it's Belichick and he wants to be and usually is on top of every rule and takes advantage of these nuances or loopholes. Eh, it's just because it made Belichick smile that makes it more of a thing than it really is. If he's acting mad at his team for false-starting or making it like OMG, what is my team doing and continually bleeding the clock, that would be brilliant. 33-0 rout, who cares. He did the league a favor by pointing this out and that's fine, but he should have used it in more critical situation.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He’s probably got 20 more tricks up his sleeve. He knows the rule book better than the ones who wrote it.