1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Games like Miami's make me the most nervous.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 17, 2019.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When it comes to TV numbers, I'm pretty sure we're around the middle of the pack. There's a lot of teams that get better numbers than we do. Steelers fans represent well at away stadiums, but that will have no bearing on whether to flex the game or not.

2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Pats are an anomaly in what they've been able to accomplish in this day and age of football. Follow me?

All coaches need above average QB play to win consistently.

The Steelers have a good HC.

3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Oh good grief. Being unbearable and irrational wasn't enough for you so you now have moved on to being a jackass. Have your opinions, as warped as they are. But take your holier than thou attitude and shove it up Tomlin's rear. You've got your head so far up there that both of you will feel it.

You have no right, or ability, to make determinations on who is a good fan.

Now, getting back on topic. Brady wouldn't be the GOAT we know under ANY other coach. Granted, BB has definitely benefitted from Brady, but if he had another qb, we might be talking about that qb as the GOAT.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    C’mon cut him some slack. His evolution of becoming the worlds best Steeler fan also has the side effect of a bigger head from breathing such rarified air.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Unfortunately you don't seem to follow my stance. Fortunately the people that run the organization seem closer to sharing my point of view than yours.

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Whatever makes you sleep better at night. Carry on bro...

• Like Like x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    We see where that's gotten them.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    That's not the point. They had a lot of good years. Can't stay on top forever and that's ok.

9. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That doesn't make sense to me. What does the past have to do with the current mediocre coaching and your acceptance of it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually the overall coaching has been good this season. The team has shown improvement up to this point of the season. The defense has gotten better. The offense is still a work in progress that depends on how well a young QB can perform.

The team had the opportunity to win every game except one game. The coaches helped to put this team in position to win those games. The players didn't make the necessary plays to close out games. The team is playing hard and isn't giving up.

It doesn't matter what I believe. People are going to see what they want anyway. When people bring disappointment into the picture it really skews their views.

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Clean slate every year. Maybe even week to week for some. It’s easier to quell the disappointment that way.

• Like Like x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    11% :shrug:

14. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers only won 11% of the Superbowls that were played.

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So what that has nothing to do with their current run of mediocrity.

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Might as well just give up with those odds.

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I’m no quitter, I found that out when I went to AA.........:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    No team can stay on top for ever.

19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Now that we can agree with, however there is nothing wrong with voicing your displeasure about not being there. This is a message board people have different opinions and neither is right or wrong or make one a better fan than the other. I would like to see Tomlin gone that is my opinion, that don’t change how I root for my team. I want the Steelers to win each and every week no matter what.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I think it's a conflict of interest if you want Tomlin gone and at the same time want the team to win. Deep inside you must want the team to perform poorly so Tomlin can get fired.

Tomlin won't go anywhere as long as he helps the team win and remains a good HC in the eyes of his bosses.

21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    That’s where you are wrong. I am a fan I root for the team to win. When they don’t win I talk about why and a lot of the time it is the HC. I have no hate for MT I have just honesty. In my eyes this team continues to fall short of the grand prize. It has had some of the best players in the league at their positions and we are still falling short, why IMO the HC. Look around the league or heck all sports when a team don’t win the coach is gone and change is needed. It is how it works, sorry you don’t see it that way but I do.

22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Don’t even bother...it’s called “ non losing season “ syndrome and there’s no cure. It’s all the players faults they don’t execute but it’s never the coaches fault they lose. There’s no such thing as a bad plan,only failure to execute even a bad plan from jump. He will get credit for making the playoffs....yada,yada but no blame for the embarrassing losses when we got there. 8 years out of 12 and 3-5 I’d hardly something to be proud of when you had the talent we had but again player execution is to blame. Tebow? Bortles? made them look like superstars. Was it lack of execution or a plan that was set up to fail. NE dismantled Denver the following week. I know player execution at 100%....my ass.

Still waiting for the answer to my question as to what exactly Tomlin does....never mind well.

• Like Like x 1
  23. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I am not wrong. It is a conflict of interest. Look up the definition.

The team won a lot of games with this HC. Championships are not the only way to measure success. The HC helped this team have opportunities to compete for the Superbowl 8 out of 12 years. 10 out of 12 years the team had the opportunity to make the playoffs. How many teams make the mistake of firing coaches with that track record? The people that run the organization understand. That's why he is still the HC of the team.

I don't expect the Steelers to fire Tomlin unless a few issues take place. Tomlin will more than likely get the benefit of the doubt from the ownership for this season due to the loss of Ben. Next season who knows?

I don't care if Tomlin goes or stays. I don't have a say in the matter. At the end of the day I understand why the organization chooses to keep him as the HC.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Don't give me the look up the definition BS this isn't school and you aren't my teachers. You are wrong because when I root for the steelers to win that includes the SB and if he could do that......heck if he could get there with the talent he has then I wouldn't be wanting MT gone. Yeah yeah yeah I know he has been there twice and yeah he won once and yeah I will say it and don't care who disagrees he did it with a team that won a SB before he got here. What has he done lately, what has he done with some of if not the best talent in the league? An opportunity 8 out of 12 times please since our last SB the best team in the league has been the Pats making it to the SB 5 out of the last 8 years. In them 8 years how many times have we lost to the best team in the playoffs.....once!!!! We lose to guys like Tebow and Bortles and a washed up Manning. We are underachieving when it matters and vs inferior teams......sorry that comes from the coach.

I am not saying that MT is not a good coach but it is time for him to go. He has been given every chance known to man. The guy is a defensive coach how has that worked out? Until this year our defense has taken a step back every year, and I am not talking like 1-2 years I am talking 10 years. You man be happy with the "non losing season" I am not, I am not satisfied with just making the playoffs 8 out of 12 years. This isn't pee wee or high school ball the participation trophy outlook don't fly with me. I want more I was SB's, do i expect it every year heck no the run the Pats are on is incredible and may never be seen again. What I do expect is for a team with the talent they have had and the stable ownership they have to be in the SB at least once since our last appearance. If you don't agree that is fine but please don't tell me my opinion is wrong because like I said before opinions are not wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't need to be a teacher to realize you have a conflict of interest.

The only people decision that matters are his bosses. He will remain the coach as long as they believe he is doing a good job.

• Disagree Disagree x 2