1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Disgusting

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Oct 21, 2019.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    So I flip over to ESPN to see who is playing tonight. The “Cheats” are whaling away on the Jets 24-0 in the second quarter. The camera then points over to the Cheats sideline and there is “Belicheat” in the middle of a huddle with his defense. The man is given directives it would seem as he relentlessly keeps his foot on the gas. He is actually “coaching”. Maybe Tomlin should be watching this as well. Say what you want about the Cheats but Belicheat has his team laser-focused.

Meanwhile back on the range, if that were us we would see no such scenario from our HC. Tomlin would have his arms crossed; posing as Joe Cool. Hey, I call it the way I see it. Once again, Tomlin is no tactician just a Rah! Rah! Cheerleader. Once again, I supported Tomlin during his first few years but it became evident to me as Cowher’s players began to move on we more and more began to see the man behind the mask “posing” as a coach.

I know that some of you will support him to the end and that is your prerogative. For me, I really feel that we have hit a fork in the road with him and it is time to part ways. He had a decent, not great, but decent run. I feel with all of the talent that he was given, and the mismanagement of the team that is his trademark now, dictates a time for change. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Patriots obsession

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerGlenn. No obsession, just an observation. This could have been any team and I would have posted the same. Take care. STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 4
  4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's not just coaching he is also taking notes and getting guys impression's on what they saw to add to his expansive library on the teams they face and what the like to run. The man is a freak, Booger talked last Monday about the fact that he scouts the official group and what calls they have a tendency to call. Who does that.?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Glenn obsesses over others who obsess.

and I obsess over that lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Which is why they will keep winning to infinity and beyond lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I will say that after watching Penn State play Michigan on Saturday it's not just the pro game where you have coaches who haven't figured out seam routes to TE's and the open spots in zone coverage over the middle of the field. Gaps in coaching seem universal except for the dark lord.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey BBH. Yeah, Glenn seems cool. I have read many of his posts over time before I actually joined the board. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts/responses as I do with all of you. Take care. STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    He’s the local security guard lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    I coached sports and taught for 30+ years. As a teacher and a coach (one in the same) it is when you become complacent or satisfied with your performance, that it is one of two things that need to be done. Either time to re-evaluate or resign. When I was student teaching in college the mantra that I carry with me to this day are the words of wisdom from my Master Teacher.... "Now find a better way."

No matter how great I thought my lesson went, in the end I usually did find a better way to improve upon my performance as a teacher and a coach. Thanks Mr. "V". Life in general (getting a little philosophical here now.) really is about finding a better way regarding most things that we take to heart. Otherwise, we become stagnant and self-hinder our own progression and possibly those who we interact with. STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    upload_2019-10-21_19-30-57.jpeg Just kidding Glenn. Couldn't resist. I ride one of those too sometimes.:club:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea I’m just messing around lol

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Yeah he's cool alright. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Which is pretty close to cheating when you think about it. What can I get away with this week that I couldn't last week?

15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yep... Always pushing the envelope/ trying to find loopholes but...In this particular case, Any Coach / Should be doing the same... It's tendencies, Just like you implement a game plan based on tendencies...Why not go after every little piece of information you can get your hands on

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    :roflmao:

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    It definitely seems like at least in the AFC the coaches don't try as hard to match wits with BB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    I can't stand belicheat, and I hate that team. I know many Steeler fans have come to admire them but not me. Maybe I'm just bitter or stubborn I don't know. But to your point, you're absolutely right, these coaches are getting paid millions...they should be doing all the preparation that they can to gain an advantage, scouting the officiating crew is no different.

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I don't think Glenn has ever been called cool. I hope he doesn't see this and go Hollywood on us :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    My take on our HC is that he appears as he does on the sideline for these potential reasons:
    1. Assuming he does coach, would you really want him to get more engaged than he has? I rather him stare off into the distance
    2. He delegates all or most of the coaching for the O/D/ST coordinators because he knows he cannot tactically compete with his coordinators like BB and others coaches in NFL and college
    3. He doesn't want to look like he is the one failing so he delegates game preparation and decision making to his coordinators. You cannot delegate responsibility if you are in charge.
    4. He has elected to coach via routines since its less involved and simplistic. This is why he is so poor in in-game adjustments, play calling, and his coordinators are following suit.

I have always been suspicious about his capability to be more engaged in actual tactical decision making based on observations of so many HC's in all levels of the game and how this team appears to be prepared. I don't know the man personally and for all I know he really could be a freaking genius. All I am saying is he doesn't come close to passing the eye test.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm the coolest. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Glenn is in the Pollyanna camp. Those who blindly follow without question. Everything is good even when the team and coaching sucks. The realists like me are badgered with Nazi like precision when we are critical of anything Steelers. Makes this message board interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Have you missed the many recent instances where Glenn has said that he thinks Tomlin should have been fired after last season?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is a new and refreshing post and series.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can only guess that one of the guys on my ignore list is talking about me.

• Agree Agree x 1