1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Moncrief?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thesteeldeal, Oct 17, 2019.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Antonio Brown hasn't been picked up yet. We should go after him and Kap. We're instantly a SB contender.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    All out of green ink? I donated a spoonful for the cause. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    AB needs someone to sign him so he can start his suspension from playing. Rosenhaus failing him at the moment after he cost him millions in revenue this year. Karma AB, karma.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Nope. Players who are signed after being cut do not affect the comp pick formula.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you blaming AB’s mental meltdown and general bad behavior on his agent, or am I missing something?

6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm saying Rosenhaus is seething for the millions he lost because of AB. Probably told him to get lost for awhile instead of manipulating some general manager to sign him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Some things are so outrageous that green font isn't really necessary. If someone actually read what I typed and thought I was being serious, they deserve a swift kick in the nuts...and a game ball.

8. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I knew it; you knew it; but with all the perennial cat and linguistic fights around here, it might make more sense for the default font to be green and then require each poster to manually switch to black ink to emphasize their serious intentions, if and when it applies. Like in this case. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    at first I would say..Steelers ..don't be jerks and cut a dude just to keep a potential comp pic...but Moncrief has made it easy for us to lose him.he can't be mad right...surely he knows his days are numbered...even if his release had NOTHING to do with the formula...his lack of production is all that is needed to say .adios...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    If it weren't for the fact that his lack of production is the missing piece to our super bowl run this year.

I mean, we really can't screw this season up by keeping him or letting him go. And maybe the comp pick we retain by not keeping him after week 10 would benefit us down the road, but who knows if that will even pan out. Sure, having a 3rd round pick is better than not, but will that make or break next year or the year after. Doubtful.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would say if we had all our picks a 3rd comp wouldn’t be such a big deal. Considering we have no 1st and currently no 3rd it’s a bigger deal. Seeing how you can now also trade comp picks it makes it a valuable chip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Good point

• Like Like x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Agree. Him riding the bench is not why they signed him. He has the tools but a third round comp. pick probably brings more to the table after reviewing his short career in the black & gold.