1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ravens gonna beat Seattle; season pretty much over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cranny, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    i was hoping Ravens would lose this game. I think it’s all but over for Steelers this year. I’ll still be watching but I think chance of playoffs at this point are close to 0

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea this was a very damaging win by Baltimore to the Steelers chances. I’ll admit I didn’t see this one coming I thought the Ravens would lose thus game but they played a great game today and played to win. The Steelers after this really need to almost win their next 3 games at home with Miami Indy and the Rams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lol Steelers were done years ago haha.

Audition year guys...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Huge huge win for the Ravens. They got lucky with two uncharacteristic Seattle errors leading to defensive touchdowns but you have to take advantage and they did. Lamar played really well to be fair to him.

I had this as a loss for Baltimore leaving the door open in the division. An injury to Jackson is probably the only way they don’t win it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    The Steelers almost have to win both the Colts and Rams games at home now after this Ravens win today in Seattle. They definitely needed to at least get one of those games this win by the Ravens today in Seattle almost forces them to win both.

7. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The team is always playing for something.

8. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We gave them the division last year and you can put your last money on them Not returning the favor.
    Inferior coaching, not just tomlin. Look what they have loss and they're still producing.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :hmm:

Season over?!?!?! Intriguing.

For you?! Likely. For me?! Absolutely not. Baltimore plays New England next week. They also get to play the likes of a Los Angeles squad armed with Jalen Ramsey; the same Jalen Ramsey that limited Julio Jones to 3 catches for 69 yards. Add in the likes of Buffalo and San Francisco and this Division is far from won. I did not even mention Houston either.

Pittsburgh still needs to win out as well against the likes of Indy, LA, and Buffalo the same. This is before accounting for Cleveland as well. That said, those slim chances are better than no chances.

I still am on the record in saying this division will come down to the wire in the final week. I personally will not be suprised if it does. If it does not, outside of Houston, which other AFC Team is going to capture the final 6th Seed?!?!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. This season is far from over. That said, Pittsburgh has to take this season with a one and done mentality. No excuses.

In short?! Win out. Better yet, win and your in. :herewego:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Season was over When Tomlin started Ben when he was hurt,......... lol (I know suposidly no one one knew ..... but c-mon)

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Mathematically it’s not over until it’s over but it’s going to be difficult to overcome a three game deficit. The Steelers have not convinced to date and the loss of Tuitt is huge. I just don’t see them grinding out the wins they need.

I hope I am wrong and that it comes down to that final game in Baltimore but my guess is that it will be a victory parade for the Ravens. A few injuries to their team could change everything though.

This season has taken on a strange feeling where I have zero expectations and every win feels like a bonus. If Mason steps up and starts to hit guys down the field that may change.

12. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I agree I still think they will hang around enough in both the division and in a weak AFC wildcard. The schedule is very favorable moving forward for the Steelers but they have to keep winning and can’t have the Ravens winning too many more games they are supposed to lose like today. These next 3 home games and 3-4 weeks will tell us a lot about where the Steelers are going into November. They play 4 games in 17 days starting next Monday night with Miami.They really need to be 5-4 or no worse then 4-5 heading into that Thursday night game with the Browns.

13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

One aspect that is working for us, the defense. For the first time since 2008, I can safely say we have a defense that can help us win games. The offense has to come around though. For that matter, Randy Fichtner and the Wide Receiving Corps needs to assist Mason.

That said, if there was a game to round into form for the tough journey that lies before them, Miami is it; playing at home no less. The bye week will help for sure. However, the team has to come out to play.

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hard for the season to be over on our bye week this early in the season. However if we lose to Fiterception next Monday then I will agree but let us play a game before we end the season. They(Rats) still have to play NE, Houston, Rams, Bills, SF................just sayin

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    We better start scoring lol

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers suck. We are doomed.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Nonsense
    The ravens are one Lamar Jackson run and being knocked silly from being just like everyone else in the division BAD.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The season was over when Ben got hurt.

Ravens trade is already paying dividends for them. They have 2 ELITE corners and they just stifled one of the best qbs in the game right now in his home stadium.

I hope our offense is up to the task in the years to come.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  19. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Lets just try and get to 3-4.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Damaging, but the season isn't necessarily over, although my personal opinion is that it probably is given the injuries incurred.

The Steelers are now 2.5 games behind the Ravens with the Ravens owning the tiebreaker. Last year after Week 11 the Steelers had a 2.5 game lead on the Ravens and owned the tiebreaker by a better conference record.

Of course, the Ravens turned their season around by dramatically improving play at QB. Not at all sure that Steelers will be able to say the same thing by the end of the season.

21. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    A friend of mine posted that Lamar Jackson is the best QB in the NFL right now. I had to laugh and couldn't bring myself to comment.:facepalm::lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  22. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    We play the Ravens again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He is playing better than a lot of people around here want to give him credit for.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    yes he is playing great. I'm surprised because I thought he was just a runner. I don't know about best in the NFL.

25. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Right? Playoffs aren't even something I am thinking about this season.