1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Proposal - Steelers/Skins for Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s almost as hard as being a moderator

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Haskins wasn't really good in college he was good enough for his team as are a lot of pretty good QBs in college ball... Now he may end up surprising because I never count anyone out but I would prefer not here... No need for more misery.

Besides this ain't happening anyhow but it's fun to play

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    you mean like Jerry's tool down in Dallas?

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Thank god fans aren't running this organization. Or should I say ruining?:rolleyes:

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Why would Synder want Rudolph? He had what 3 or 4 shots at drafting him and passed. Didn't he trade up for Haskins?

Only scenario involving a QB going to Washington with Popcorn is trading Big Ben with him. That is who Tomlin would want to take & Synder would be creaming his pants over Ben. Probably get 2 firsts & 2 seconds out of it. (In fantasy land)

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How do you know?

7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I would do this trade all day long cause that was the question right not if the Redskins would make that trade? Then again some here say I am a Tomlin hater which isn't true I am a hater of not winning the Sb with big time talent and that hasn't happen in a long time........

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think Tomlin gets traded unless he wants to be traded. I don't think he wants to be traded.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    First, when are you saying the trade happens?

You can't base a hypothetical trade in the future. Well, you can, but it invalidates the candidates. Rudolph hasn't played a down since being released from protocol. What is his value going to be in a week from now? Two weeks? Two months? No one knows. Tomlin's value changes as well after the season based on many factors.

And if you're pulling the hypothetical trigger right now, based on current values, who coaches our team the rest of the way?

I don't see either being viable at this juncture. So it's a solid no for me.

10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Essentially.

Biggest difference is?! Jerry Jones actually won something when he took ownership of the Cowboys; giving Jimmy Johnson the boot after the fact the same. Dan Snyder has been the Owner of the Washington Redskins for over 20 years and has little to nothing to show for it.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, I only said to trade AB when he was begging for a new contract after not honoring his generous contract. We would have got proper compensation for AB. Of course, we would've had the idiots saying we'd win a Super Bowl if we had him but we all saw how that ended.

We'd have Ben, Haskins, Hodges. I would have already moved James Washington to the slot. Metcalf out wide. Metcalf, Juju, Washington, and then another deep threat. Albert Okwuegbunam paired with Vannett or McDonald.

I've already addressed this in-depth. But Redskins issues start with the owner and drafting players and forcing them on coaches. If he's making a big move for Tomlin, he's going to need to let him make the decisions. I'm assuming more control would be one of the benefits for Tomlin taking the job.

Yeah, we got people arguing no because Rudolph is better. Then Redskins would never do it. The fact we are so divided tells me it would have a chance. Trade proposal with 100% Steelers fans agreeing to it means it isn't fair for the other team and never happening ie two 1st for Tomlin. I've put a lot of thought into this and it's favorable for both teams.

End of the season. Only time the Steelers would get rid of a coach. Assuming Tomlin wants it. That's the first step, you sit down with Tomlin and explain the Redskins really want him. Bigger contract, more control, hometown team, etc. If he wants to stay then fine. This is a hypothetical that he wants the Skins job. I think he does and Skins got an interim coach right now. I think there's a strong chance. It's him or the Chiefs OC probably.

As far as players involved. I'm assuming Rudolph comes back and looks about the same. Hopefully a little better.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Fly, meet ointment.

13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's a half dozen posts on here that can answer that.

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Going so hard after Tomlin? There haven’t been any offers made. How on god’s green earth is that going so hard after Tomlin?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Poster, meet forums. That's kind of what we do. Yes, this is all dead if Tomlin wants to stay. This is a scenario where he wants the Skins job and those two qbs continue to look the same. I didn't think I had to explain this to you but there you go.

The reports and Snyders jet spotted in Pittsburgh. Skins are in a bad spot and could really use a coach like Tomlin.

16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Talk about grasping at straws. So if Snyder’s jet is spotted in Boston does that mean he’s going after Belichek? Have the steelers granted Snyder permission to talk to Tomlin? If not all of your anecdotal evidence(at best) and speculation is null and void.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

It would if there were report after report about the Redskins being interested in BB, like what is being reported about MT. Not grasping at straws at all it is being talked about all over........just sayin

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    People lose all common sense when they try to argue with me to try to prove me wrong.

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    I would personally drive Tomlin to DC at no charge. I was initially a Tomlin supporter when he first arrived. I know, I know the argument about winning with Cowher's players. I have to agree now though 12 years later folks. Bradshaw is right he is a glorified cheerleader. His resume was paper-thin at the time of his interview. He articulates extremely well but is not the tactician that we need. If we had a competent OC and DC to make up for his deficiencies then maybe he could stay. This would be a nice blend of the Motivator and Strategists but we do not. As a matter of fact I would be willing to take those two as well to wherever they would like to be dropped off at.... free of charge as well.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I didn't realize the Skins didn't have a 2nd in 2020. We'd probably have to give them our 2nd. Which is fine because we are trading the high 1st to move back. We would get the 2nd in 2020 back and another one in 2021. I'd try to get a 3rd in 2020 too for move back. We don't have ours because of Bronco trade. We only get back in the 3rd with a comp pick for Bell.

I just got us back in the 1st round. 2nd in 2020. Two 3rds in 2020. Then we would have three 2nds in 2021.

21. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Have the Steelers granted the redskins permission to talk to Tomlin?

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Look... let me put the rumors to rest. Snyder was in the Burgh visiting @TerribleTowelFlying, not Rooney and Colbert. He wanted to have TTF take over the Redskins’ forum, but TTF declined. TTF stayed loyal to the B&G despite a huge offer.

Sorry to spoil your secret TTF, but the rumors were just getting ridiculous.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Snyder's jet was in Pittsburgh, and he was talking to Tomlin, you do know that would be tampering :shrug:. Don't believe everything you see on the internet :facepalm:.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Don't give up your day job, you're not good at playing message board GM.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's not a what if. His jet was in Pittsburgh. He was obviously talking to Rooney about Tomlin and his availability. They got an interim coach for the rest of the season. Obviously targeting somebody who isn't available until seasons over. No, Snyder didn't fly his personal jet to Pittsburgh to sneakily talk to Tomlin. Some of you are really slow.

• Disagree Disagree x 1