1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stats just mock the Steelers lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 16, 2019.

1. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    What loss is hurting the offense more? Ben or Brown?

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it's bias on your part and others. You can't stand giving Brown credit for anything, so you make excuses. You also ignore the fact that Vick was a shell of what he had been by then.

If you want to delude yourself into thinking the loss of Brown isn't part of the offense's struggles this year, that's on you.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We don't know. I'm assuming Roethlisberger, but both are significant.

All we do know is the offense looked like garbage the one game it had with a healthy Roethlisberger this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah bro QB play is the more significant factor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    How can so many others be wrong? The Steelers choose Ben over AB.

Brown was a great player for the team. That has nothing to do with this discussion.

Maybe you don't realize it but you proved my point about QB play. I don't need to say anything else. Hahaha

7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers cut bait with Brown at just the right time. You should be praising the move because they usually wait too long. AB may have helped offense production game wise, but he was not going to help the team improve moving forward. JuJu will make the HOF without his help, bank on it.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You're not making sense, you're not even on topic.

This is about you and others trying to pass judgment on JuJu when he doesn't have the same QB that allowed AB to shine.

Make all the excuses you want for AB's lack of production without Ben but so far this year, JuJu had an injured Ben in game 1 while also facing a NE team that routinely takes the best weapon away, including Brown. A 2nd year QB thrust into the starting job that hadn't worked with JuJu in training camp and a game with a 3rd string QB.

But yeah, go ahead and try and claim JuJu isn't up to the task. You can all enjoy your fake victory lap.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why are you saying no when I said I suspect Roethlisberger is the larger factor, which agrees with your point?

It's funny how you think it is appropriate to guess what would have happened if Roethlisberger playing, but you don't want anybody who disagrees with your overall point of view to do the same thing. Either we can know what would have happened or we can't. Be consistent.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's absolutely on topic. People's refusal to acknowledge the significance of the loss of Brown is absolutely relevant to this discussion.

Also, I reject your premise regarding the opener. You are claiming Roetlhisberger was hurt during that game. We don't know that. We know his elbow was bothering him after the game and something tore by the time he left the Seattle contest, but there is no real evidence that it was an issue all through the opener.

During the preseason, didn't you insist that even a significant drop-off in Smith-Schuster's numbers wouldn't be proof of anything? You were making excuses for his numbers declining before the season started. It sure seems like you just don't want to acknowledge the impact of losing Brown on the offense in general and Smith-Schuster in particular.

The bottom line is he's not producing like a No. 1. It's not about slamming him. It's about understanding just how much losing Brown hurt that offense, something I've been saying all along while others look for any possible way to avoid acknowledging it.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Without Ben, we can't gauge anything.

We've already discussed this, you even agreed that he hurt his arm in that game. There was a player that said the first he heard of Bens arm bothering him was after that game. Stands to reason it was the NE game that he hurt it in.

Even if he didn't, he was playing like hot garbage and NE has shut AB down plenty.

I don't recall. May have said something to the effect that a drop off wouldn't be surprising because 1400 yards is a very good year and even with AB that could have been hard to duplicate.

You're drawing conclusions with incomplete information.

12. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    It's pointless. You are not going to get through.

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Juju has better numbers than brown this year so there’s that lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Oh pleeze. No way in hell that 2017 team beats Packers with Rodgers, Colts with Luck or Texans with Watson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    2015 AB's numbers without BB

Balt 9-5-42
    SD 6-3-45
    Cards 8-3-24
    KC 8-6-124

2016 without BB

Pats 11-7-106

16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    2017 could easily haves been 9-7/8-8 if not for Boz. 2018 Boz was missing kicks he made in 2017 and we didn't make the playoffs. Agree totally with you. I hope and pray we win each game but I am convinced this team will not get anywhere a SB again with the current coaching staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Rather win with class than win with an ass. How's he doing lately?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Offense doesn't rank above 28th in rushing yards, passing yards, or total yards. Wonderful

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason is averaging half a yard a pass and I think 5 inches In the air that’s why lol

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I never said they did, it doesn't take away from the fact the pass protection has been good, no Ben or AB some new receivers of course the passing game is going to suffer.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    No way in hell the Steelers lose to Seattle, Baltimore, and the 49ers if Ben plays them this season, it works both ways :shrug:.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm::facepalm:

24. HeinzMustard