1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Games like Miami's make me the most nervous.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 17, 2019.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    These two teams have a precedent for exciting nail biters and there's been a fair amount of moisture in South Florida recently. :puking 3: (Regardless, a W is a W!)

Nov. 26, 2007: Pittsburgh Steelers 3, Miami Dolphins

• They called it "Monday Night Mud." The Dolphins came to a recently re-sodded Heinz Field in Pittsburgh for some Monday night football. Due to a massive rainstorm, what they got instead was 59 minutes of scoreless slipping and sliding on the soggy field. Running and passing plays appeared to be going in slow motion. Punting was difficult, kicking was nearly impossible. Players sunk ankle deep at times into the swamp-like field, and one punt nearly disappeared as it struck nose-first into the brand new turf, burrowing itself like a golf ball
    The video link below will probably direct you to YouTube to watch.

2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Jeff Reed won that game on a last second FG 3-0.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Games like Miami would have made me nervous in the past but when Ben went down for the count I'm comfortable watching all the games now.

My wife is enjoying the hell out of this season. She has to close the windows when Steelers are on but is shocked how I sit peacefully watching the games this year.

4. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You do know you will be thought of Sunday night during the Cowgirl/eagle game. Please win Dallas!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    paper towel.jpg And I was assaulted...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Should be a great game we should have about 8 sacks and 7 turnovers, but in OT we fumble in our own red zone and they kick they game winning fg. 6-3 them.

:eek:

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Dolphins just don’t have the talent to cause an upset here, they are a turgid, awful team.

I’d like to think that we will see a reinvigorated Steelers after the bye. They now have three games at home before three division games. Get a good win over Miami and beat at least one of Colts / Rams and the season might still be interesting.

As highlighted in other threads Baltimore are coming in to a brutal stretch of games and I don’t think they are good enough to get the wins they need to really separate themselves. If Lamar goes down at some point (not inconceivable given his style) then the wheels could come off entirely and the division is wide open.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    The Dolphins are tanking the season so normally this would've been a guaranteed win. Their game plan would've been to NEVER throw against Art Burns because there'd be to much of a risk of the receiver catching the ball.

The difference is that the Dolphins won't tank this game. A 1 win season still likely gives them the 1st overall pick, while it improves the pick they got from us. This is the only game the Dolphins actually want to win so we'll see their best. I wouldn't be surprised if they spent more time gameplanning for us than they spent gameplanning for their last 4 opponents combined. This wont be a cakewalk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    They arent done shopping their remaining players yet:

The Miami Dolphins might not be finished selling off talent just yet, as NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Thursday the team is shopping Kenyan Drake, indicating in trade talks with several teams that it's willing to deal the fourth-year running back.

Set to hit free agency after this season, Drake has had no discussions with the Dolphins about a potential contract extension, per Rapoport, and "would welcome a new opportunity" if Miami gets "the right offer."

10. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Yes it will. I'm expecting a shutout. The Dolphins can gameplan for 6 months they still won't be able to stop the Steelers front 7 ravaging their QB.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's a Monday night game, nothing more need be said.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well considering the person who I was quoting I’m not losing any sleep over it.

13. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry but I can never see a team in the locker room talking about losing a game on purpose. Miami is a bad team and our defense should eat them for lunch but Steelers being the Steelers I'm pretty sure we will be sweating balls in the 4th quarter.

14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

15. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers could lose vs the Phins if the offense makes mistakes and doesn't play well.

16. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Maybe I am crazy but they just said on NFL network that only a sun night game can be flexed.............

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That is correct, usually in the second half of the season it occurs. They don't want those crappy matchups in their primetime showcase game.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Games can be flexed from Sunday 1 pm games to the 4:25 time slot also.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto. I no longer have expectations. So now I’m enjoying the defense getting better with some new bodies and the progress of Mason and Duck.

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Need the girls to lose each and every week so the media will let us know more about the other teams in the NFL.

23. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If we lose to Miami, Tomlin will give himself a game ball.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    My wife has started sitting in the same room with me while the game is on. Hasn't done that in a couple seasons.

• Like Like x 1
  25. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Losing to a vastly inferior opponent never answers how good, or bad, you are. It simply proves you weren't prepared.

• Agree Agree x 1