1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin & Colbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Oct 17, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Only one person is still going on about Metcalf, the Steelers had no second round pick to get him, and he was gone by the time they picked in the third round.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I just don’t see it as a”miracle” we’re 2-4 :shrug:

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't either, I think we should be 4-2, I blame Conner and JuJu for costing the team a chance for two more wins.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Can't agree with that. The team is together in spite of him. If he was a better coach, he wouldn't have created the AB and Juice that we hate. They didn't try for him. He didn't motivate them or keep them with the team (not keep them ON the team, keep them WITH the team). And that's the reason he's not good at keeping the team together. If you keep the core, dedicated members together, but can't manage the elite playmakers, then are you really good at keeping the "team" together. And having different sets of rules for different athletes isn't a good recipe for inspiring younger players to play for you. JMO.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    1) Steelers and Cardinals have a good relationship. 2) 5th is what the Seahawks gave the Pats to make a similar move to get DK. 3) Cards drafted a nobody WR they could have got 5 spots back and got an extra 5th.

My problem is we needed a deep threat. They signed Moncrief thinking he could fill the role and DJ to eventually replace. Like I've been saying James Washington isn't a deep threat either. He'd be better in a Juju role making combat catches over the middle. DJ might be good in 2-3 years but they drafted him to be a deep threat and he isn't that either. All these miscalculations have left us with no deep threat. DJ has had two big catches for tds where coverage was completely blown and nobody near him in a 10 yard radius. Does anybody seeing him going up and making a combat catch deep? Unless he's the next Tyreek Hill but he doesn't have his elite speed and even Tyreek Hill goes up and makes plays.

Juju is getting doubled every play because there's nobody else to command a double team. The threat of Metcalf taking the top of your defense would have.

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We are what our record says we are.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Again, that goes back to a Randy issue. He has shown so far he has not been able to fully trust Mason despite his latent abilities. How could D.K. Metcalf give the team a boost if Randy cannot even trust his Quarterback throwing the deep ball sans two to five times a game?!?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    True

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It makes no difference if the cards and Steelers have a good relationship or not. If the cards don’t want to trade they aren’t going to trade. You can’t look back at the draft 6 months later and say they could have waited for player x.

What the pats and Seahawks did has no bearing on your hypothetical.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    And you can hypothesis about my hypothetical. Nobody knows. All I know is a lot of moves were going on in the 2nd round. More then half of the picks in the 2nd were via trades. Steelers could have done something but they were too busy celebrating Bush and fumbled the rest of the draft.

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

We aren’t even halfway through a season and you’re claiming they blew the draft? Lmao

go back to protesting the rigged nfl

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Go look at past drafts. After camp, preseason, and 5 games. We knew who all those players were. Only one is Cameron Sutton.

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    What about coon we and samuels? We certainly didn’t know squat about Conner as a #1 after 6 games. Or samuels we certainly didn’t know anything about AB after 6 games. Emanuel Sanders. Shall I go on?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    One of two things going on here:
    A- SDOT knows little to nothing about football
    B- SDOT knows little to nothing about anything including football.

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Name a better duo than Tomlin & Colbert.....

Glemm & Optimism

16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Martin & Lewis

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    GM Belichick and HC Belichick

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    AB and his iPhone

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SDOT & Boycott

• Like Like x 1
  20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    TODS backwards still pissed at the steelers not getting Marcus peters in a trade last year... A trade that was not on the table. Gotta appreciate the unwavering passion though I suppose.

21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Dopeler-33 and his memory

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017

23. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    So Tomlin is doing a good job you say.....

After OTA’s and mini camp and training camp and preseason we start the Season ... game 1 fully healthy and get destroyed and embarrassed in all three phases of the game...... losing is one thing but that Tomlin built and led team was an embarrassment in every way!!!!

Colbert????? NE offered a 1st rd pick and he said no and instead took a low ball offer from Mayock..... you wanna bet he keeps Moncrief past week 10 and we lose our comp pick in the 3rd.

Please

Cajun

• Like Like x 2
  24. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Keeping Moncrief beyond week 10? I know it’s almost Halloween but you’re scaring the **** out of me.

25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I keep reading from others that we were 2 fumbles away from being 4-1 at one point. Where is the miracle at being 2-4?