1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers path to 9-7...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 16, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I think ultimately that will win the division and it’s going to take the Steelers winning 7 out of their last 10 games to do so along with the Ravens and Browns losing at least 7 games which I think will happen. So here is the Steelers path to 9-7 below.

: Win the games you’re supposed too win which I’ll include at Cincinnati, Miami at home and at least split with the Browns. That gets you to 5 wins.

: Win 3 out of the 5 games you have with the Colts, Rams and Bills at home and on the road at Arizona and at the Jets. That will get you to 8-7 going into that final game against the Ravens in Baltimore on December 29th.

The other side of it is having both the Ravens and Browns lose enough games which looking at both their schedules I think will happen. The Ravens last 9 games before the final game with the Steelers are at Seattle, New England, at Cincinnati, Houston, at the Rams, San Francisco, at Buffalo, at Cleveland, and the Jets at home. So the Steelers need the Ravens
    to go 4-5 in those nine games and need them to be 8-7 record wise with them going into that final game in Baltimore. This way if the Steelers beat the Ravens there is no tiebreaker involved they finish 9-7 and the Ravens finish 8-8. That is very doable for sure seeing how brutal the Ravens schedule is the last 9-10 games. They most likely will at least lose 5 of those 9 games I mentioned above.

Then there is still the Browns who are currently 2-4 and definitely not out of it yet. The Browns last 10 games are at the Patriots at the Broncos, Buffalo, Steelers and Miami at home, Cincinnati both home and away, at the Steelers and home to the Ravens. So I want the Browns to be 7-8 not 8-7 going into that final game they have with the Bengals just incase they have a better division record you don’t want them winning a tiebreaker over the Steelers if they finish at 9-7 and so do the Steelers. So the Browns would have to go 5-4 the next 9 games to be 7-8 going into that final game which is definitely possible and should happen.

So hopefully that wasn’t too confusing for anybody and that explains how the Steelers can still win this division by finishing 9-7. If they win their games they should win on their schedule I truly believe they will be playing for the division title that final week in Baltimore. The opportunity will definitely be there will the Steelers win enough games to take advantage of it?? Time will tell.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Stairway to 7....

9-7 :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    With Ryan Fitzpatrick re-installed as the Dolphins QB, the Miami game doesn't look like such a gimmee as it did with Rosen as QB. Every once in a while Fitzpatrick gets hot and has an outstanding game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Miami might actually play to win that game so they get a higher pick

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Steelers might come out a little rusty and sluggish in this Miami game after the 15 day layoff but after awhile I expect them to be able to win this game hopefully without much of a problem. The Steelers haven’t lost a Monday night home game in 28 years since 1991 and I don’t see a team as bad as the Dolphins are this season coming in here and ending that streak. The Steelers know they are back in the race and have to win this game and I believe they will something like 31-13.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    12-4 will definitely win the division

11-5 might as well

8. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    They have zero offensive line, zero defensive line and absolutely zero talent all over the field......... Fitzpatrick has gotten hot with loaded teams.........

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Our record after facing the ravens in December will be 12-4.

• Like Like x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Poni and Mueller on 93.7 the fan said today that if Rudolph can go around 8-2 the rest of the season then he has to be the QB going forward next year. They said the Steelers should shop Ben around and ask at least a #1 pick for him. They were certain that some team like the Titans who have a good defense but stink at QB would jump at the chance to have a franchise QB if only for a year or two.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That sounds like bye-week-radio-talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I don’t think there is a snowball’s chance in hell of getting a first for him. Pushing him into retirement is far more likely imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    not on Monday night.

14. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL a first fpr Ben.

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    In all seriousness we are probably going 5-11 lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Poni was also the guy who said to trade Rudolph in the preseason because he couldn't see him as anything more than a backup in this league.

17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am sure our coaches will have them fully prepared for Miami.

18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I'll have what you're having.

19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    That could still very well be true. MR hasn't done enough to convince me he is a franchise NFL QB. Promising, yes, but the sample size on him is way too small right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You lost me at Poni and Mueller. When they come on, I change channels.

Plus as stated above, Ben would retire first, IMHO.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He will not leave all that money on the table. I like the trade scenario. Off the books and getting picks back.

I'll take a double please.

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm sticking by my 7-9 prediction.

Beat the teams we are supposed to beat starting with Miami.

23. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I just hope the Steelers come to play every week, and become a very hard out for anybody to beat.

A.) Makes it interesting to watch.
    B.) It makes you proud as a fan. even if they team is down talent wise to really compete for a Super Bowl.
    C.) The record will be pretty good by week 17 if they do that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Should Tomlin end up going 9-7, that will be quite the feat for certain. Regardless of how he gets to that, should that be enough to win the division, he will have strengthened my belief in him once again. Currently said belief is fading... FAST!!!

25. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I hear they're in talks with the Raiders to acquire Ben for a 3rd and a 5th rounder. Ben will then replace Tom Brady in the preseason next year and retire to a luxury apartment complex in Miami. Or something like that. :hehehe: