1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Javon hargrave

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Oct 16, 2019.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Anybody think Javon could move out to Tuitts spot.? Let Alualu spell him.
    Then have Buggs,Walton and Big Dan man the middle.Seems as though this is a combination worth trying.I do believe Javon needs more time on the field and he's quite a bit younger than Alualu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This was discussed on another thread. Hargrave already got snaps at end in the 3-4 Sunday against the Chargers, so yes, it is likely he will see time out there.

Heaven help the Steelers, but McCullers is their most reliable reserve defensive lineman now. I would expect to see some rotating of him with the three starters.

I wouldn't have been surprised to see some 2-5 alignments with three inside linebackers, but that may be tougher to run with Barron out because that means you have to give Matakevich snaps.

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I forgot that Alualu was a first round pick too. If he starts and Burns and Barron also start then that means the Steelers will have 10 #1 picks on the starting defense. Only Hargrave would be the lone starter who wasn't a #1 pick.

4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Barron already finds it tough to run :hehehe:

5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Seeing time out there is fine.I know he played some out there some sunday night. I believe he should now take that spot over and see what he can do there on a every down basis..We know what we have in Alualu. He can hold his own,but I do believe Javon could out proform him playing Tuitts spot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I'd like to see him kick over as well. only problem is if he balls out in that spot he's definitely going to price himself out of town but in all honesty that would be a good problem to have atleast until this current campaign is done... They're gonna need someone or some scheme change to fill the void tuitt created when he went down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hargrave has priced himself out of Pittsburgh. With both ends eating up major cap space I can't see him taking a cap friendly deal. He will get paid more elsewhere for sure, unfortunately. So now with Tuitts injury he will see significant playing time as an end. Not a bad thing at this time.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He probably could, but the idea is to get the best players on the field. The best option is Hargrave at nose and Alualu at end, not McCullers on the nose and Hargrave at end. Alualu needs to be playing more than McCullers, though I'm sure both will see a significant increase in playing time now. When they go with two down linemen and Watt and Dupree as ends, then yes, Hargrave should be taking Tuitt's place. He has done that in the past with success.