1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Tuitt injury our most significant ???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not blaming Rudolph for that. I'm saying it wouldn't have happened that way with Roethlisberger because he has earned more trust. It is not a knock on Rudolph to say the loss of Roethlisberger was the most damaging of the injuries the Steelers have suffered. The guy is headed to the Hall of Fame and he was coming off one of his best seasons statistically. That was going to decline no matter what with Brown gone, but when healthy, he could still play. It remains to be seen if that is the case after the elbow injury.

2. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There were reports of that when he got hurt. The league office was investigating the Steelers for not having him on the injury report. Of course, we only have him and the team as definitive sources, so that story seemed to go away, but you could see him having trouble with the arm from the beginning in that game.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Could of fooled me considering he was still airing the ball out from the moment he first started flexing his elbow to his last play on the field. There’s no evidence he went into that game with a torn ligament. They may have known something wasn’t right but he would of never played knowing he had a “torn ligament “. That’s simply not true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    swann got knocked out in 2nd quarter 2

5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I recall one of the offensive players saying after the game that Ben had been dealing with a sore elbow, or something to that effect, for awhile.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I couldn't even find anything confirming the injury was a torn ligament, let alone when it occurred.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I would say Ben. But, if he had soreness you would think maybe they would have checked him out before the start of the season? And really he doesn't throw that much in camp. Ben has had multiple injuries. Now the elbow. His throwing elbow. And he isn't the young Ben. And he doesn't take care of himself like some other QB we know and hate. So what will we see when he comes back? At least we finally have a kid who I believe can take the reigns. Then throw Duck into the mix. Wish there was better depth at other positions.

Tuitt as well as he was playing is always is nursing something or inured. Now this. A significant loss for what looked to be a possible All Pro season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree. If they knew it was a problem like some are alluding to they should of scheduled a MRI. We didn’t hear of one.

I’m having a MRI done to see if I’m claustrophobic....:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    LT Walton back. Why? That's the best we could find? We cut him. Buffalo cut him. Yes been sitting on the couch for 6 weeks. Really? Buggs and mondeaux sitting there and this is our best option? Was the traffic cone busy?:cool:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Point taken....... there’s going to be the question about Bens success over the past few years if it was his or Ab/Bell.... who made who and until Ben does it without them now those will remain.

I think my question is more about the effects the injury’s have..

Did Bens injury upset and hurt our offense more than Tuitts injury hurting our defense .....

It seems our offensive production hasn’t taken a big hit after losing Ben.... I hope our defensive production doesn’t fall off with the loss of Tuitt!!!

Cajun

11. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    This is where I truly believe our coaching staff Lives in their Fears!!! Even though Butts and Mondeaux are young , eager and have a greater upside than LT they TRUST LT more!!! WHY??? It’s like riding a horse but holding the reigns so tight the horse can barely walk much less run.....

Play the younger guys you have!!! The ones YOU have Been coaching All year!!!! Rotate them so they are kept fresh and coach them during the game when they rotate out......... oh wait.... they don’t coach during the game so never mind!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just bizarre.:cool:

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    We do what we do.....there’s little or no development being done. Young guys don’t get a chance unless their draft status dictates it. Then when our draft picks get hurt or fail we have no idea what we have behind them. Familiarity doesn’t necessarily equate to success but it’s the route we constantly choose. Once the season starts practice is a joke . How are young guys supposed to make a impression. Nothing replaces actual game snaps.

14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I so agree and this is no different from when we lost Shazier. I was saying the same things, why bring in Spence who was sitting on the couch and not play the guys here. Many said my thoughts were wrong cause I didn't like Spence but here we are a couple years later in the same boat. I get we need someone and we need a vet but what has LT done that says he can help us more than a young guy? People are quick to say well Buggs or whoever don't know the system, I say BS that is the coaches job to make sure he does especially now. If he can't learn the system why is he here, why have guys like this on the roster when we have a coach who preaches next man up???????

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Buggs is from Alabama they probably run a more complex system than we do. Notice I said complex and not confusing. Let the damn young guys play so we see what our future looks like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You don't know the report is false. My understanding is that it was a partial tear that got worse. a partial tear is still a tear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-for-season-with-right-elbow-injury/40157329/

This is the first sentence of the fourth paragraph up from the end of the article.

Roethlisberger complained of elbow pain after falling to the Patriots but played through it, a testament to the toughness that's defined his career.

To be fair, we've never gotten confirmation from the team regarding any injury during the game against the Patriots. If you think I should have said his elbow was injured against the Patriots, though we don't know for sure if it was torn then or during the first half against the Seahawks, that's fine. The point still stands. Roethlisberger's elbow was hurting going into the Seattle game. It is ludicrous that people have actually been arguing that the team is better off with Rudolph and using how he played with a bad arm in one half of a game against the Seahawks as evidence.

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Just trying to be accurate. Don’t see any mention of a tear partial or otherwise in that article. Don’t recall reports prior to the Seattle game either , other than rumors of discomfort following the NE game. But those didn’t come out until after the Seattle game. There was no mention of discomfort previously, until we already knew he was hurt. Like I said 15 attempts in the first half surely don’t speak to the knowledge he had a tear going into the Seattle game. If that was known and proven he wouldn’t of been playing ,never mind airing it out. That’s my only point.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There were reports after the Seattle game that he had actually suffered the injury against the Patriots. There was enough to it that the league confirmed it was investigating because if it was true, Roethlisberger should have been on the injury report leading up to the Seattle game. That is one reason the team might have to keep things quiet. Another is that it looks like they mismanaged the situation, trying to let him play through a season-ending injury. Not only would that be a risky decision for his health, it would have also hurt the team on the field because he clearly wasn't right that entire first half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I read a quote that one of the players first learned of Bens elbow problem after the Pats game.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben's injury is the most significant, I think they win that 49ers game with Ben playing.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Yup, I saw that when it was reported.
    That's a far cry from a torn ligament.
    You don't power through a torn ligament. (short of being high on PCP)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    What we think of as a sprain can be partial tearing. Nobody is saying it wouldn't have been stupid for him to play for it. As I said a while ago, call it an injured elbow rather than a tear after the New England game. Even if there was some tearing, I doubt that will ever come out because it would make the team look stupid. The point was that the elbow was already injured before the start of the Seattle game.

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The only thing I've seen reported (and very limitedly) was a sore elbow, which doesn't necessarily signify an injury. I don't see any way Ben tries to play with a sprain, a partial tear or anything beyond soreness, especially in his throwing arm. That's a lot different then playing with a tweaked ankle or a broken nose.

• Agree Agree x 1