1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers, Ravens, and Browns remaining 10 games..,

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 14, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Steelers:

Home: Dolphins,Colts,Rams,Browns, Bills.

Away: Browns,Bengals,Cardinals, Jets, Ravens.

Ravens:

Home: Patriots,Texans,49ers, Jets, Steelers.

Away: Seattle, Cincinnati, Rams, Bills, Browns.

Browns:

Home: Bills,Steelers,Dolphins,Ravens, Bengals

Away: Patriots, Broncos, Bengals, Steelers, Cardinals

I look at this and think 9-7 maybe even 8-8 can still win this division. The Steelers have the easiest schedule of the 10 games remaining between both them and the Ravens and Browns. Why winning that game last night was huge in terms of keeping them very much alive and relevant in a very weak and mediocre AFC North.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Wow. I didn't even realize we had such an easy schedule.

I still think we'll have to sneak in as a Wild Card team, but maybe we'll pull it together.

The single-possession losses to the Seahawks, 49ers, and Ravens are all brutal. If we win even one of those, we're 3-3 and we're singing a different tune.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    As I said in another thread about this same thing, any given Sunday. This Steeler team can go out and get its ass handed to them by anyone of those team on the schedule.

I'm sorry but IMO we don't have a QB to get it done. What the Steelers are doing is pretty damn good under the current situation but at some point our QB will have to unleash downfield more then once in a game and it could prove to be a disaster. Looking at that schedule with Ben under center we win the AFC North.

• Like Like x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I knew our schedule prior to the bye was brutal.

I was hoping that we be 4-2 instead of 2-4.

But throw in losing Ben, injuries, etc. it's not too surprising.

I think if our defense plays at rate it's playing, we will be in ball games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can the Steelers win 8 of the next 10?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Can they? Sure

Will they? It would be a miracle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Mike Tomlin will call on the spirit of Chuck Noll circa 1976 and inspire the troops to win 9 straight after a 1-4 start. or not:)

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    If we can replace Tuitt and continue generating a pass rush with 4, we can hang with anyone left on the schedule regardless of wether Duck or Mason is under center. If we can't generate pressure with our front 4, we don't end up over .500.

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I'll be happy if we can just beat Miami. This team is a mess and has been for years. We lose to teams were supposed to win and win against teams were favored to lose. We have been terrible on the West Coast and this year we beat the Chargers out there with a 3rd string FA QB. How can anyone seriously know what this team will do on any given Sunday? Now, lets see what 2 weeks of prep by our illustrious coaching staff will do against Miami. We should win without a doubt, right?

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    8-8 isn't winning the division, the Ravens will win 9 or 10 games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I don’t think it’s a given the Ravens win 9 or 10 games looking at their remaining schedule. I said this in another thread that I could see the Ravens finishing 8-8 as their last 10 games are brutal. I think 9-7 will win this division I truly do. So if the Steelers need to go 7-3 their last 10 games and the Ravens need to go 4-6 in their last 10 games and if that happens the Steelers will finish 9-7 and the Ravens would be 8-8. Looking at both teams schedules I still think there is a very good chance this could indeed happen. It’s not a pipe dream to suggest by any stretch.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Ravens will win a few of those games they are expected to lose, in the middle of last season we thought they were done, they came back to win the division.