1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the Tuitt injury our most significant ???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Oct 15, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Is This injury the most damaging to our season that we’ve had this year?

I know the easy and popular answer will be No!!! It’s Ben’s injury!!!! But is it??

Before when Ben went down Landry came in and maintained our ability to compete.
    This year Mason has played well and so has Duck Hodges , especially with the running game getting back on track .......

But can we overcome the loss of Tuitt??? Defense starts up front and he was dominating and there is no one behind him able to come to close to what he offered on defense......

Cajun

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Short of pulling the Nick Foles card, or the Kurt Warner (guy from out of nowhere)

Usually when you losing your Franchise QB your done.

Losing Tuitt doesn't make our defense better, it hurts.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The loss of Tuitt is significant, but no, it isn't nearly as damaging as the loss of Roethlisberger.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am assuming this will mean Buggs will get his shot on the active roster.

Ben's injury was the end for the offense we had all hoped for. Tuitt's injury will be a little decline for the defense.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This. Don't know of any examples where a teams season ended do to any injury other than QB.

Tuitt hurts though for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Some people say the Steelers would of won 5 super bowls in the 70's Steeles lost in 1976 AFC championship to the raiders but were minus Rocky and Franco due to injury.

But this was far before my time.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It certainly hurts. Hopefully Alualu(sp?) can step up.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We have experience playing without Tuitt, not the end of the season without him.

9. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    No it is not as tuit is always hurt...............

10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Tuitt was letting them get pressure with 4 and they were able to rotate a little to keep fresh. They're gonna have to dress Buggs now and hopefully he plays sound.

EDIT: They signed LT Walton... not sure he's going to cut it. Might as well see what Buggs can do at DE.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  11. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I don’t believe our season was over when we lost Ben.... He sucked vs the patsies but that’s always the case.... He was struggling vs the Hawks and Mason had us winning until a very late 4th Qtr TD by the hawks.... mason played solid vs a very good 49ers and we should have won, except a late min 49er TD...... Mason was lights out Vs the Bungles and solid vs the ratbirds as was Duck..... a OT fumble costs us that game!!!!! Duck also played solid vs the chargers and we won.......

In fact we are a OT fumble and two last min TD’s away from being 5-1..... without Ben mostly....

Tuitt was having an All-pro season and when he wasn’t making the Play the extra attention he was getting helped Heyward, Watt, And Dupree make plays.... losing Tuitt means we lose that..... Defense wins championships......

I feel we were overcoming the Loss of Ben and hopefully we can overcome the loss of Tuitt rotating Buggs and Alualu more.....

12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    76 team was Bad Ass, Shutting out everybody... Their best D,In a long line of great D's...Offense was just to crippled

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Darn, Butler has an excuse now too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, throw Buggs in and bring Mondeaux up. He's a tough-ass kind of guy.

Why have these guys on the practice squad if you don't want to bring them up?

Would he lose eligibility or something?

15. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    If he is not promoted I would say it is because they don't think he is ready, but technically he could be on the practice squad a third season if you do not accrue a season (6 or more games on active roster).

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, the players will all tell you they thought that was their best team ever. The defense pitched 5 shutouts that year.

Injuries definitely sunk them. Bradshaw was injured that season too. Rocky and Franco both had over 1,000 yards, tough loss not to have that production for the raiders game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I followed every minute of that season. After winning 2 straight SB's team started 1-4 and the talk around town was we were going back to being a bad team. Steelers turn around and win 9 straight and if not for those injuries would have been only 3 straight SB winner.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    People need to stop using the first half against the Seahawks as evidence of anything regarding Roethlisberger. He had already suffered the torn ligament in his elbow before that game started.

The disastrous start to the Baltimore game was in part due to the lack of Roethlisberger. No way they are running the Wildcat and having Samuels throw from that field position if they have their quarterback. The early struggles against the 49ers were a combination of a conservative game plan and Rudolph's inconsistency. The Roethlisberger is far more damaging than you realize.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    You can’t blame idiot OC making Idiot play calls on Mason........

Cajun

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Healthy Ben>>>>>mason>>Hodges

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Where did that info come from?

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They mentioned it being sore through training camp and they just figured soreness

23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Ben gave us full use of the field to pass vs MR and Duck. Duck tried to throw one pass in the Bolts game more than 5 yards and it was picked. We have a limited offense without Ben who made AB what he is today as well. So, who hurt us worse, Tuitt or Shazier? I remember some saying Shazier can never be replaced or used his absence as an excuse for piss poor defense for over 2 years. Having Shazier in the game helps but IMO didn't make our defense as bad as some would say. He was just like Bush, all over the place but poor tackling or tackling 10 yards down field. I like Tuitt but he is injury prone and we've survived without him a lot of games he missed. We will miss him for sure but now its time for next man up and adjust. Time to heal and then the Fins go down. 3-4

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Significant loss. Tuitt was actually earning his paycheck for once. I
    have liked Allula for a long time. All DL will have to step up.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    At first I was like heck yeah this is but after thinking about it imo Ben is the biggest loss. The NFL is a QB league and you can say what you want Ben is a future HOF QB and that is a big loss. I was thinking at first that the defense could win games for us but lets face it Sunday night we went up against a team with 3 back ups on the oline. We will not be that lucky again and we will need help at the QB position to help us win, so yeah I think BB is the most significant.

• Agree Agree x 1