1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuiit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Oct 14, 2019.

1. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Alright enough with tuit............ He is a friggin beast when 100 percent healthy but I could never remember a year of him going through it without being injured..........

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    This season is not over go and make a trade at worse get some depth on line.... If you could get a stud then do it.... Lotta money off books with no bell and brown............ This defense has a chance to be top 3 this year........

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Tuitt being as I saw finally healthy this season. And playing back at a high level. Now another injury. Major injury. Alualu will fill in fine but the way he was playing can not be replaced just manned. Now we will see Big Dan the lifetime contract man getting snaps.

Huge blow but injuries happen. He has had his share. Doesn't bode well. And cash is tied up between Heyward and him and I feel Hargrave will get paid unfortunately not with us.

The bye couldn't come at a better time with a lot of players nursing injuries.

4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Damn...... tuitt was breaking out in a big way, and on the threshold of superstardom ......
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The Steelers have, at this moment, very little cap space for this year or next year. According to sportrac they're 29th in the league in available cap space for both years.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Even if we can find the money do we want more money locked up at Dline? I mean our 3nds already are eating up 30 mil...I am not sure of the exact number right now. Add to that how little this guy plays(scheme related) I am not sure how much we need to throw that way. For the record I love Digger as a player and I would love to see him given more snaps.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree it’s a lot of money to throw at the position. Let’s see how he produces now that his time should increase. It may end up he’s not worth the money but if he is we’re in a tough spot. Our current situation at DL is thin. So this will need to be addressed in FA or the draft. FA who is capable to come in and start won’t be cheap and asking a rookie to come in and be starter ready is a tall task as well especially since that pick won’t be coming until the 2nd round best case .
    You have to be strong up front it’s unfortunate one of our higher priced guys is injury prone. That’s another reason why you have to try and keep the talent on the DL. Definitely feeling your point though. It’s a unfortunate reality.

• Like Like x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Steelers Sign DE L.T. Walton To Replaced Injured Tuitt

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Time for Big Dan to warm his keep and cause havoc and 1st and 2nd downs !!!!!

Cajun

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I about crapped myself when he was pressuring Rivers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Somebody should update the title so people know he's out for the year. I'd make a new thread but they would just merge it and not fix it. I'm kind of busy but I wouldn't turn down moderator status for the betterment of this forum.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    He was great for the first 3 yds !!!! Looked a bit gassed trying to catch rivers..

Cajun

13. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Obi Wan has taught you well.. but you are not a Jedi yet.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Somebody told him Rivers had a cheeseburger. It can be the only true explanation.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    :rolleyes:
    Please God NO! All Steeler talk would get moved to other football talk and every thread would be about how JH is the anti-christ and tutorials on how to be the best boycotter you can be. ;)TTF please don’t :beg:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Getting back to reality, he will be hard to replace, but he will be replaced. Next man up. We're not the only team to have lost a lot to injury. And for anyone who says our season is "now" over because of his departure, where have you been for the past 6 weeks?

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    A lot will depend on how he plays for sure but one thing I will say is no matter what happens he isn't getting Harrison or Goldman money at 10 & 11 mil per. Now we are paying Digger 778K and Big Dan 1.375mil, add them together and give Digger a nice raise and we keep him. Have Buggs at 585 there to back up Digger and bye bye Big Dan and the money is close to a wash. I am looking at 3-4 DT's and after the first 2 the next highest guy is 4 mil then three guys in the 3 mil range. 3-4 DT's don't break the back so we can still in great shape money wise with digger. Buggs will get snaps I am gonna guess and that might tell a lot too.

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

I so second this it is not funny!!!!!!1 TTF please no please please please

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I would think we could retain Hargrave in the 3 mil. range unless he balls out. We just signed LT Walton so it may be another year until we find out what Buggs can be.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

Lets let the powers that be speak on it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    This could be a sign he is done in Pittsburgh or just done football entirely. How many years in a row has been been injured. Like 5?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They could use the franchise tag on Hargrave, I doubt they will though.

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You could always boycott the board until TTF makes you a moderator.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Dude, we've seen your titles :lolol:

We give you honorary hall monitor duties. You and Glemm can rumble about how to perform the best hall duties.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Hey! I'm not trying to step on toes. Moderation is a brotherhood.

• Like Like x 1