1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuiit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Oct 14, 2019.

1. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    *sigh* Huge loss. No other way to put it

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    What little hope I had that this team could somehow salvage this season with the injuries they have already just flew out the window. Tuitt was a beast for us and will not be easily replaced.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    In keeping with the sidebar of this thread - all I can say is.....Shuiit! I'll keep a positive attitude though, never know when the next Wally Pip heads to the IR and gets replaced with a nobody! :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ho
    Hope so Dude...What a great player he is/ was when healthy...Just a shame

5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Bring Mondeaux up I guess.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe trade away the second pick for someone :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Fixed it for ya!

8. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t use green font because I like to see people get upset. If after 8,000 posts people don’t know where I stand, we’ll then, they just need to be on here more often.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Steelers need a Sgt. Hartman type to come in and make Big Dan one hell of lot meaner.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It isn't just the weakening of the starting lineup. It's the lack of depth. I think that is a significant part of why the defense seems to fall apart late so often. They just don't have enough quality players up front and now it is even worse.

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't get the comparison to Aaron Smith. Smith played twice as many seasons before he was injured. The injuries aren't even the same. Plus Smith has 2 SB rings. I can't remember how many Tuitt has...;+)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not a very good comparison at all. Smith was a better player than Tuitt and even though he broke down later in his career, he was a lot more durable. He barely played as a rookie, but starting in his second season, Smith played all 16 games in seven consecutive seasons. He did it eight times in his career. Tuitt has played in all 16 games once, and that was his rookie year. He has never done it as a starter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Fair enough regarding Tuitt. My mistake. I thought Aaron Smith was more injury prone than that.

Be that as it may however, I still wonder if an Interior Defensive Lineman is on the table next season. Free Agency or otherwise. Cameron Heyward cannot continue for much longer, Alualu is in the same boat even though he is depth, Javon is as good as gone and one cannot count on Tuitt to stay healthy for a full season.

Something has to give here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am curious to see what Hargrave does now. He got snaps at defensive end in a three-man front after Tuitt left. The hope has to be that he can step up as a playmaker with Tuitt out. That also means more playing time for McCullers.

15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    While a direct comparison to Smith isn't necessary there can be some comparison's to the upper body injuries that ended Smith's career and the reoccurring injuries that have dogged Tuitt since coming into the league. This is a third upper body injury for him, I like to see statistics on how the risk of reinjury goes up as these mount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Sadly, I cannot provide that for you. However, I can state this without queation. Re-aggravating the elbow and shoulder as an Interior Defensive Lineman is cataclysmic. Age sadly does not matter in this case.

Nevermind constantly blowing up your upper body like Tuitt does. Going under the knife is not a good sign in it of itself. Earl Thomas is learning that the hard way as he no longer has the same overall agility or explosivness he once did.

17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I would think DL goes on the list of priorities for next season. The growing list of priorities.
    I read somewhere that it's a good draft for that position, deep draft.

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think Aaron's injuries were the shoulders, then the biceps, then a neck injury plus reaggravated biceps. Something like that.

19. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

I made reference to next year's draft regarding Javon's contract situation weeks ago; a number of threads recently. Quite a bit of talent there for certain. Still hoping for Alabama's Raekwon Davis but I have every reason to believe he does not slide into Day 2.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Long term, does this affect his career after having 2 tears.... I’m assuming there will be more?

Can he come back? Will he be the same?

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    as soon as it flashed on the screen during the game, I knew it was a season ender. Just had that feeling.

Alualu had some flashes last night, but I hope Buggs is ready.

22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Man this stinks, our defense was just getting back to our strong suit. This is a big loss for several reasons mostly cause he was play great this year. I know big Dan had the best game I have ever seen him play for us but I don't have any faith in him for a season. I am hoping Digger steps up and maybe this is what he needs a chances. Let's face it they take him off the field a lot so maybe Buggs steps in for Digger and Digger plays more for Tuitt. I like Digger and by no means do I think he is Tuitt like but I do have faith that Digger can play good. Sorry this is the best I can do for optimism right now cause losing one of if not the best player on defense hurts............

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just to pour more salt on the wound. Two things are likely to happen with Hargrave getting more playing time.

He will play so well he will price himself out of Pittsburgh or he won’t play well and will get exposed by the increased amount of snaps. Either way we better start scouting DL in the draft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    It better be Marianas Trench deep since the Steelers have no first, no third, and no fifth round picks right now along with some other pressing needs.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    IMO I feel like he was gone anyways, we have a ton of money wrapped up in Tuitt and Cam that we can't spend anymore on the dline with all our other postions that need the money. I think this was why we drafted Buggs but you never know.

26. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think we can easily find the money if it’s not outrageous. ABs money coming off plus probably a few others. Wasn’t Buggs a 6th or 7 th ? He was drafted for depth IMO