1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Victory Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    She doesn't get every game correct but you could make a lot of money following her prediction model. She is very accurate with her picks.

2. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Just my opinion.

I thought they would get stoned last night. Problems as deep as the Steelers have that have been around for years, do not go away in one week.

Now a win is indeed a win and it is good for the team. Case closed, sort of.

There are 2 camps here. One camp believes the Steeler defense finally played. It has been a steady rise each week with small improvements which is a plus.

The other camp, which I reside in thinks it was more how the Chargers played than anything the Steelers really did. Rarely do both teams play awful so one team has to play better than the other. Last night the Chargers were simply awful. Now, how much of their poor play was due to the Steelers or due to their own poor play? I guess we will see in the weeks to come.

Again, two camps here on the 4th quarter. One camp will think the Steelers had the game in hand and the Chargers were crying, Uncle. The other camp will see a defense that fell apart in the 4th quarter and without a circus catch on the failed onside kick prevented a historic collapse. Sorry, but I am in that second camp again.

Steelers have short term memories. Rivers did the same thing to them last year when they could not put the game away and again last night were basically one play away from turning a sure win into an epic defeat.

Just my observations, but the running game is still awful. Although smelly Snell played OK, we really do not have a top 10 back. As much as I like Conner, he scares me. He is not the Bus but he certainly wants to run like the Bus and my fear is that he will not see the end of the year if he continues to run as if he weighs 250. Durability is in question here.

Secondly, something is amiss with the WR's who continually cannot get open, especially Ju Ju. TE last night should have worked over and over, yet is still absent. Play calling? That could be part of it, but it just seems like every pass play is a struggle to find someone open.

QB remains a big issue. You cannot build consistency when you have to continually switch out QB's. Then you are faced with two options that have played a combined 3 NFL games. Just ask the Jets how that has worked out.

Defensively, there have been moments but that secondary still scares me to no end. 17 points in one quarter will not win many games. If they took their foot off the gas, shame on them knowing that Rivers thrives on these late heroics. If they did not take their foot off the gas, they are in big big trouble. Again, I don't see how these problems get fixed in one week.

Overall, I'll take the win all the way to the bank. The team needed this. Can they build on it is anyone's guess and only time will tell but I still believe the Chargers did more to lose this game than the Steelers did to win it.

rutan

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't know, I struggle with loving Michael Jackson's music while knowing that the guy was a creep. :shrug::cool:

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is football. You have to be able to hold up when injuries hit. Watt seems to get nicked up quite often. Tuitt is now out for the season. We don't know how long Haden is out yet. If the defense can't hold up without those guys, it's not going to hold up.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    There were some Chargers fans in that stadium!:rules:

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was hoping for that shutout!

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Tuitt for the season? Ain't seen that reported of course with pec injuries that's the general assumption but just double checking, have not seen a report.

8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Yep confirmed by PPG going on IR. Just a shame as he was playing well and at a pro bowl level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There are plenty of creeps in music, those guys got away with a lot back in the day, Jimmy Page, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think losing Watt, Haden, and Tuitt helped Rivers and the Chargers get those 17 points in the 4th qtr, also the Steelers dropped like 3 ints.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    The curse of life as a QB " game manager "

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The injuries were certainly a factor, but playing without Tuitt isn't temporary any more. Watt always seems to miss some snaps with one minor thing or another. The dropped interceptions are a reason to downgrade the quality of the defense. Those are opportunities upon which they failed to capitalize. The one that bounced off Hilton's hands would have been a hell of a grab, but the Chickillo and Fitzpatrick let relatively easy ones get away from them.

13. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Nope..we'll be wearing our Color Rush Uni's...guaranteed WIN...lol

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

He has been added to the practice squad.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Loved that dude in Oregon as we're Ducks fans in our house.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you have to let the season playout. We have young
    people playing all over the place. I believe our talent assembled is of playoff
    caliber. It may or may not happen this year. But if we play with passion
    and get after people we could turn this thing around and make it interesting.