1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Update on Mason?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BigBensBigBong, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So I guess you're going to double down again?

See #3
    See #1 & #2 & #6

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Did you read my 2 posts?

I have not seen the official statement from the Steelers. Maybe they said he had a concussion but I simply did not hear that from them. I do not live in the Pittsburgh area any longer and I refuse to subscribe to the toilet paper impersonating a Newspaper called the Post Gazette and I do not spend a lot of time reading Steeler blogs and forums. This is the only forum I frequent about the Steelers.

Secondly, if his family says that he does not have a concussion what would you make of that? As I said, either they are outright lying or they have been told by the Steelers to keep a lid on it. Mind you, this is not a public statement from his family but I do have direct knowledge that they indicated this earlier in the week.

Now, I would be surprised if he did not suffer a concussion. I am not saying he did not, I don't know and I have not heard anything that says he did suffer a concussion. Maybe I am misinformed or didn't quite hear correctly. I merely stated 2 times that my comment was coming from his family. Now, don't shoot the messenger. Like I said, now 3 times, they could be hiding the fact not to get his friends to worry that live in the Rock Hill area.

This thread was about any updates on Mason's condition. I merely added what I was told.

rutan

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The problem is you keep trying to leave the door open that there is some doubt. There is not. He suffered a concussion. He was knocked out. If someone is knocked out by a blow to the head, they suffered a concussion. There is no doubt about this whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Where did Glenn say that he thought the Steelers should play Rudolph this weekend? You claim he is putting wins ahead of the guy's long-term health, but what he posted isn't an argument for Rudolph to play.

What he, I and others are trying to tell you is that your hysterics are way off base. Your ridiculous claim that he won't play the rest of the season is way off base. Rudolph wouldn't be able to participate in even limited practices right now if his concussion was that severe.

All concussions are not equal. I presented research from UPMC stating that the recovery time is usually shorter when the person suffering the concussion loses consciousness. I have no idea why that is the case, but it comes from people with a hell of a lot more medical expertise than either of us.

Teams absolutely have a history of letting players on the field when they shouldn't, but you have zero evidence that is the case here. You don't have access to Rudolph, his doctors or his medical records. You have no knowledge at all regarding his test results. You just got freaked out by what you saw Sunday, which was an abundance of caution, posted something silly and now you are doubling down on the foolishness.

By the way, it is absolutely possible that the Steelers have no intention of letting Rudolph play Sunday, but they are letting him do what practice he can handle and keeping quiet about their decision because there is absolutely no reason to let the Chargers know ahead of time which quarterback they will be facing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Boxers who are knocked out are generally not allowed to fight again a week later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think it's a 30 to 90 day medical suspension in the UFC, depending on the severity of the KO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. D4H

D4H Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2019
    Thus far I've only seen one medical opinion on this concussion. Its from that YouTube video posted earlier in this thread of the doctor talking about the hit. He said that when you see a player fall down the way Rudolph did and give what he called "the fencing position" that means its a concussion that is MORE SEVERE than those where a player doesn't lose consciousness. So I have no idea where you are getting this information from that hits where a guy loses consciousness are less severe than hits where a guy does lose consciousness. I never claimed to be a doctor. I'm just listening to what that doctor said and repeating it.

This Steelers and their doctors have a vested interest in trying to get players back on the field as soon as possible. Their interest is not in trying to make sure their players can live the longest healthiest lives possible. You need to stop acting like they are. I'll trust the word of a doctor who has no vested interest in whether the Steelers win or lose over what the team doctors or team is saying.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I got it from UPMC, a link I posted earlier. Apparently, you are too busy getting lost in your hysterics to read what other people are posting.

I never said we should trust NFL teams on this. In fact, I have posted the opposite here and in previous discussions. I do know more about concussions than you do and I posted information based on medical research to support my point. You're rambling about the opinion of a doctor who has not treated Rudolph and has no access to him and your own hysteria.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re wrong. Suck it up and move on already.

12. D4H

D4H Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2019
    Wrong about what? When this guy has CTE 20 years from now what will you say?

My position was simple. I wasn't trying to be right or wrong. I said he shouldn't be back on the field anytime soon if anyone cares about his well-being as a human. Guess most on here, as well as the Steelers organization, and Rudolph and his family don't really care about his well-being 20 years from now.

Its unfortunate that people are willing to risk their long term health for entertainment.

13. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    Nobody is saying he should be tossed back in ASAP. You were saying his season and possibly his career is over and it’s not that serious.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Wrong about what?
    Lol

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's not playing this week so I don't know what all the fuss is about anyhow. Everyone go play barrel of monkeys or something for crying out loud hahahahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Or maybe you are just overreacting :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You know if there wasn't this guy named Ryan Shazier who is a Steeler and is currently being allowed to recover at his own pace and still getting paid and not pushed to get back on the field to win at any cost player health be damned I would say may you have a point. But yeah nobody is tapping his leg three times during the test so that he breezes through the protocol and gets back on the field especially in the Steelers facility

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I think I regret starting this thread. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If only there was some way these players could be compensated for the risks they take...

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1