1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    3 more games until the October 29th trade deadline...For arguments sake, If we lose the next 3, maybe even 2 out of 3...With the record and " possibly " Tomlins uncertain future...Is there anybody you would trade? Worth trading? Returns?

Hargrave: 4th?
    Burns: Anything?
    Bud: 3rd?, 4th?
    McDonald?
    Haden?

Others? Ideas?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We will keep Hargrave and Haden.

There is no trade value in the others.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I hope we keep Gravedigger... That's a lot of coin though for Heyward, Tuiit , and him

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Actually only 2 more games until trade deadline. Chargers and Dolphins. We have a bye week.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Tomlin?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Would not shock me if Hargrave does in fact get traded. Again, it is unlikely now at this point given the fact that he has played over 45% of the snaps thus far. That being said, one question remains for the upcoming offseason:

Who will get paid?!?! Will it be Dupree or will it be Hargrave?! Time will tell.

7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    maybe Ben retired and we pay both

8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think it is a bad idea to let Hargrave walk, who is taking his place and how long do you want to wait until someone can take his place?

I think keeping Bud is a good idea too. He is having a good year so far. But you can’t over pay him. He’s Robin to Watt’s Batman.

Haden, IDK ... he is not the player he once was, and I think we would be okay if we lost him. He signed an extension, but I think he doesn’t play out the entire deal.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We shall see, maybe Steelers advance scouts have see,
    something they like. You know some time a change of
    scenery helps all involved.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think they probably let Hargrave, Bud and Hilton test free agency and see if they can get a deal done with at least one or two of them depending on the money. Ideally you would keep all three but there will probably be another team who will pay more.

Haden is locked up already they can’t trade him now. He will play at least this season and next barring injury. They can cut him after that for relatively little money and make a significant cap saving, it was really a one year extension they signed him to. Hopefully Layne will be ready to start by then.

11. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I guess my question is who has value? I have read Hargrave and Dud mentioned but just how much interest is there and is it worth it for a low round pick? I am a Hargrave fan but he don't play enough and if we can get a pick for him I am all in on that. Dud isn't worth the money he is gonna get so I am also fine with letting him go, so a 4th or 5th for these guys I would do.

As for the others, no way am I trading Haden and nobody is gonna take Burns or Moncrief. I hope I am wrong and we can dump Burns or Moncrief but I just don't see it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I think the more pressing question is whether we could get a bag of popcorn and a soda for Tomlin, Burns, and Moncrief? Just kidding, I know we would have to thrown in our 2021 1st round pick for that trade. Step away from the phone Kevin!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Switzer, moncrief, holton, dangerfield, mccullers, chickillo for one ugly cheerleader. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Not Big Dan the lifetime contract man, he will have to replace Hargrave :lolol:

15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    When Tomlin jets to Washington their will be picks a plenty. Snyder will sell his soul.

16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    That would be a colossal mistake.

Someone will overpay. Not the Steelers.

18. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No doubt.

However, beyond Chase Young and Julian Okwara, not many options at the 3-4 OLB position in the upcoming 2020 draft that I see. Could they go after Shaq Barrett?!?! It is possible but he is going to want the proverbial Sun and the Moon.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  19. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Id imagine that they will be talking to Barrett’s agent to sound out that possibility but he will be expensive. They should have found a way to take Winovich in the draft this year and they would be set there for the future, although I do like Diontae Johnson.

Keeping Bud is not a terrible idea given the lack of draft capital in 2020 but it would have to be a team friendly rate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This is essentially what I am thinking here. Dupree could have a big season. If he does, what is Plan B should Pittsburgh let him walk?! Ola cannot seem to stay healthy at the beginning of the season. The 2020 Draft has some good Edge Rushers but like 2019, is COLOSSALLY deep at the Interior Defensive Lineman position.

Now, why is that last sentence so important?! Guess who's contract is up after this season?!?! For that matter, guess who is likely to price themself out of Pittsburgh?!?

It is really going to be Hargrave that warrants the extension?! Will he have a career year in a system that limits his capabilities?!

We will have those answers by season's end.

21. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    In fairness there are endless possibilities with the cap, they can clear enough to keep Hargrave, Hilton and Bud if they really want to by cutting certain guys and restructuring others. My back of an envelope calculations can get about $25m space without any devastating personnel losses.

They need to add some punch on offence so perhaps you have to let some of the above walk away, I don’t know.

Not something we need to be too worried about just yet though.

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It is really going to be Hargrave that warrants the extension?! Will he have a career year in a system that limits his capabilities?!

We will have those answers by season's end.[/QUOTE]

THIS!!! I like gravedigger and want him here but why throw him the money he may ask for when this stubborn office from top to bottom refuse to deploy folks into a fashionable role for how they can better suit the end goal of winning?

This scheme is done regardless if we had the horses to run it which has been the arguement the last handful of years. I truly believe Lebeaus exit was needed and all we did was attempt to replicate his scheme with inferior talent whilst STILL refusing to mix and match personnel placement to where their offerings are better suited. Basically we got a poor mans Lebeau in butler scheme wise with ABSOLUTELY no mindset to think outside the box week to week or season to season.

This program simply does not no how to or simply outright refuses to attempt to make lemonade out of lemons. Player execution be damned when the scheme is more so your Achilles heel. It makes no sense to draft folks when the mindset is not to place them in positions to max out their potential... Much less adapt a scheme to max out players all the same.

Gravedigger and every other preferred playersshouldn't be paid handicapping and asinine contracts if they are not being utilized at max potential... Just common sense talk in my mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    THIS!!! I like gravedigger and want him here but why throw him the money he may ask for when this stubborn office from top to bottom refuse to deploy folks into a fashionable role for how they can better suit the end goal of winning?

This scheme is done regardless if we had the horses to run it which has been the arguement the last handful of years. I truly believe Lebeaus exit was needed and all we did was attempt to replicate his scheme with inferior talent whilst STILL refusing to mix and match personnel placement to where their offerings are better suited. Basically we got a poor mans Lebeau in butler scheme wise with ABSOLUTELY no mindset to think outside the box week to week or season to season.

This program simply does not no how to or simply outright refuses to attempt to make lemonade out of lemons. Player execution be damned when the scheme is more so your Achilles heel. It makes no sense to draft folks when the mindset is not to place them in positions to max out their potential... Much less adapt a scheme to max out players all the same.

Gravedigger and every other preferred playersshouldn't be paid handicapping and asinine contracts if they are not being utilized at max potential... Just common sense talk in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Agreed 100%, Digger has played 100 less snaps than Tuitt and Heyward in just 5 weeks. This right here is all on scheme, we already have like 30 mil tied on on Tuitt and Heyward hard to justify spending more on the dline when you won't use the guy enough. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG] Well OK then. Wouldn't you just love to see the one in the middle in Black n' Gold? .............................me neither. Another deal gone bad.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3