1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington wants Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Oct 7, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Check this out:

https://triblive.com/sports/tim-ben...or-steelers-to-trade-mike-tomlin-to-redskins/

One thing I want to add is I was listening to movin the chains on sirius radio on my ride home. I think Pat Kirwen is one of the best guys on the radio. He mentioned he heard the Tomlin to Washington a couple weeks ago...........hmmmmm, a couple weeks. He said that he is sure the leak did not come from either team and that he was sure an "agent" of some kind was leaking this. He wouldn't go into much more and said in a few weeks a lot will come out how this was leaked. He also said that there are "deep" ties with Allen from his days in Tampa Bay. He did say his opinion was there was no way Tomlin goes there, so it wasn't like he was fueling this rumor.

• Like Like x 3
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You got him for liberal bias but not for using effect rather than affect? Godzilla facepalm please table one and make it snappy

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Why not it worked in Varsity Blues.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I'm all for letting him go without anything in return from the Redskins.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I see McCarthy on that list, does he reside in Pittsburgh?

I wonder if Redskins would deal Ryan Kerrigan? I always thought he would be a perfect fit in our 3-4.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ryan Kerrigan is 31 years of age. Why would we consider trading for him?! He really does not do much for this team.

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I think we all know this but we can dream can’t we? Thanks party pooper. LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Yeah I get that but working magic with an oline vs a whole team are two different things. But as others have said the Rooney's always go young so he wouldn't be in the running.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    While AR2 will never do it, this would give them a nice way to move on without facing media backlash if they fired Tomlin instead.

But a pipe dream obviously.

10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    For Tomlin? I dont care if hes 71 yrs old and empties the trash cans. I would take "water boy" at this moment. I am so sick of Tomlin I wanna scream.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    At his age, maybe, maybe not? In his prime though he DEFINITELY would have.

There is a lot of talk that Hargrave and/or Dupree are gone after this year. I'm just trying to think of an easy patch for a year or two if we let Bud walk.

Plus, Redskins need to rebuild yet again, so Kerrigan is a guy who they would probably be willing to part with, and likewise Kerrigan might be more than happy to land on a new team?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Tulsa

Tulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    How many guys have won an NFL title with two different teams as the head coach?

13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Don Shula won the NFL title with the Colts in 1968 but they lost to the AFL champion Jets in the Super Bowl. He won 2 Superbowls with the Dolphins. Also Weeb Ewbank won the NFL championship as the Colts head coach in 1958 and 1959 and he was the Jets head coach when they won Superbowl III. Ewbank is the only coach to win the NFL, AFL and Superbowl championships.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Still in Green Bay

Plus, he’s unemployed. He would travel to Washington.

15. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I haven't weighed in at all about this but to me this would be the greatest move ever made. "IF" we could get 2 first rounders for TOMLIN. Really 2 first rounders for MIKE F*@%ing TOMLIN it would be the steal of a lifetime. I work in VA and their are some pissed off Redskin fans that there is even talk of this. (I just fan the flames and laugh with my fingers crossed.) This would be receiving a kings fortune for a guy most of us want to can for free. If we are working something out it would be one of the most epic things the Steelers have every done.

I would like Kris Richards the passion I see him coach with on the sidelines on Sundays would be contagious and from the shots I see of him on TV he's is one of the coaches that are always COACHING and not watching like good ole Mikey.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe the Redskin plane was there for Colbert!

17. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    How about Tuzar Skipper? :shrug:

Oh, wait...never mind.

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    La Canfora joined The Fan Morning Show on Wednesday to follow up on his tweet and the Tomlin to Washington possibilities.

"I think at the end of the day, it will be up to him (Tomlin) and the Rooneys'. He's going to have that opportunity. It's going to be known to them that that's available. I don't think money would be an object and I don't think power or control would be an object. I think Mike Tomlin would be able to build that franchise in his image and likeness with whomever he wants at whatever price he wants."

19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We can dream!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    There is a good article on northjersey.com about how close we came to keeping Skipper. Colbert told Skipper that they were waiving him temporarily because they were signing Johnny Holton but after he cleared waivers he would be brought back at 4:01 pm after the time for another team to sign him had passed.
    Colbert was so sure that no one would sign Skipper that he already had his contract written up for him to sign at 4:01.
    In fact he was actually allowed to practice at the walk through leading up to the Patriots game. At 3:55 pm the Giants claimed Skipper and someone from the Steelers had to go on the field and tell him that he was claimed by the Giants. He laughed at first and thought that it was a joke but it was real and the joke was on Colbert for letting this happen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
  22. Xcursion88

Xcursion88 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Oh please dear lord... I don't ever pray to the lord for sporting events but in this case since I know God is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan he can do what he can to help us rid our HC shortcomings.

Please make this happen.

Amen

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I just saw that but he didn't have video evidence :cool:

25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Interesting point on the control factor
    I’m not sure anyone besides those in the org. know exactly how much control he has. I would like to think the buck stops with the HC but maybe with Tomlin it doesn’t. If it’s control he’s looking for that may be the selling point that really gets his attention. The family aspect as well but I think Tomlin must feel he deserves to have more control if he doesn’t here. That would be the only way I see him wanting to go there. Of course money would help as well.