1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst group of skill players in the NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    We have zero talent at the skill positions. Conner is not good, it’s like when he runs you instantly think don’t fumble , juju loves PlayStation more than getting open and not fumbling. The guys behind juju are a serious joke including Washington, he’s a bust at this point. Rookie gets a pass. Is this the worst group of skill players in the NFL? Like when I watch them they’re on another level of suck.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Juju is a #2 with a fumbling problem until proven otherwise. Samuels is a better all around player than Conner. I get he is a Pittsburgh kid and great story but he is not a starting RB in the NFL. I don't care that he "made" the Pro Bowl last year. Glass McDonald would be a decent TE if he could stay healthy for more than 4 games a season. Everyone else is a nobody at this point.

In this day and age of fantasy football you can simply use the FF test -- who on the Steelers offense would you start on your fantasy football team? Currently, no one.

3. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I'm guessing you haven't seen Miami play a game yet.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Or the Jets for that matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    We might make them look good.

6. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    When you spend more time practicing your end zone antics than actually practicing that's what we get.

NO f***g discipline whatsoever...

7. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I' agree they have neglected the rb position to an extent. I see Conner and Samuels as decent backups. They lack the explosion and ability to create for themselves that the top backs have. They haven't invested much into the position. The entire investment in the rb corps is a 105th pick, and a 165th pick.

They have tried with the wr's though, but they didn't plan on AB going nuts. And, of course Moncrief didn't turn out to be what they had hoped.

Juju has regressed a bit this year. How much is no AB or a backup QB isn't known yet. Washington just doesn't seem to be making any progress.

They did draft Johnson with a high 3rd to help.

So, I can't say they haven't been trying to make that squad better.

8. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    actually, Le'Veon, Sam Darnold and Robby Anderson are all pretty good.

problem for the Jets is Luke Falk has been playing in Darnold's absence with mono and Falk just plain sucks.

9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    When teams have a QB problem then skill position players have a difficult time being productive consistently.

I think they will be fine at the WR position. I think they need to address the RB position in the next draft if possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This post is on another level of suck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You have been in the 304 way too long.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Jets, Dolphins, and Redskins are worse

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    ... and Bengals and maybe Browns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Browns have good skill players, their OL sucks

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Baker is on that suck list also. We thought Ben was bad at giving the ball away, this guy takes the cake.

• Like Like x 2
  16. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Someday this spoiled child fan base will experience several consecutive yrs of 5-11 and 4-12 football. Then they might , just might, understand what having the worst group of players looks like.

As ugly as you might think your offense is, it does contain a Pro Bowl WR and RB, and three Pro bowl OL, with a HOF QB returning next yr. a lot of teams would like to start with that horrible combination.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015

You mean the pro bowl habitual fumblers? The two pro bowlers that gifted the other team a W each so far this year as well a few times last year ? Conner received votes out of spite for leveon last year as far as the probowl is concerned it’s a popularity contest. Specifically was talking about skill positions not the line or QB btw. 5-11 or 4-12 is already looking like a real possibility for years to come.

18. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Stop it. We can put up 27 point, ezpz.

19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Not sure what your point is. Ok, Juju and Connor and ProBowlers by popularity contest, they suck in reality. I mean lots of marginal ProBowlers masquerade as the worst players in the league. And while you face the possibility of a 5-11 season and you don't like it. Come back and complain about this group after you've actually experienced 3-4 of these seasons. And you really know what the worst group of skill players actually looks like vs what you think it does.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  20. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    28th in passing yards per game , 28th in rushing per game , bottom 10 in points per game. We are in dolphins , jets, and bengals territory. What exactly are you seeing , superhero ?

21. Steelers304

Aug 29, 2015
    Also JuJu is ranked 30th in yards and John Ross has more TDs. Didn’t look up Conner but hasn’t cracked 100 on the ground yet and surely is near the bottom in most statistical categories. That’s your pro bowl guys for you. Now look who is behind them in the roster. Not good, chief

22. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Oooh,superhero! Is that supposed to be an insult? Never mind don't care to hear your answer.

If you want to argue that Juju and Connor are over rated, I'll agree. In fact, my wife gets pissed at me for running down Connor. In my mind, he's a 3-4 yr limited RB that can give you 500-600 rushing yds a yr, some recieving yds and some pass protection, but that's about all. Juju could be a top flight WR, maybe will be, he Aint t there yet. I'll give him more than 5 games without AB and without a scrub throwing to him to assgn him to the bottom of the league.

There is a world of difference between dissapointing skill players and the worst in the league. These are not the worst in the league.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If you all remember when we drafted James Connor. I warned people
    not to expect L Bell numbers from him. He is a good RB that will get you 800-900
    yds a season. I personally like JC and all our RB's. If your OL would create running lanes maybe
    some of these RB's could gain some yardage.The OL has been the biggest disappointment so far this season.

As far a JuJu is concerned we have a SUPERSTAR in the making if not already there. My friends he is being double teamed
    these first 5 games . Our inexperienced WR's will get better and this will provide JUJU with
    more than ample opportunities to shine. Also Don't forget the targets. How many times has he been targeted this season so far?
    3 different qb;s now. Use to playing with Ben R. It takes time to get in rhythim with other qb's.

I personally like the Steeler roster, yes there are players that are liabilities, but they are fewer than you think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Impossible for those guys to shine in the current setup. MR does not look ready and is not throwing the ball downfield very much. Teams know there is no deep threat and it is making it so easy to game plan for the Steelers.

If good Ben (or any good QB really) was in the team I don’t think the problem would be anywhere near as bad. The team arguably looked better with Duck on Sunday. That is not to say MR can’t improve, but he doesn’t seem to be reading and processing defences very well right now.

RB, TE and Tackle / Guard need to be prioritised in the next two drafts but there is a reasonable foundation there. The OLine has been a disappointment, Foster and AV in particular are not playing well.

49ers are a good example of how to rebuild. They have great players in the trenches, allowing average enough skill players to shine.

25. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason threw deep alright, deep in the parking lot lol