1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I miss him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Oct 7, 2019.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Let's be honest, Big old Ben kept us in the mix most of his years under center. Oh, I admit I'd hate him and love him 100 times a game but he absolutely was an above average QB. He sure as hell made Tomlin look good. I predicted only 6 wins for this team back in August and yes I'm going to be right now but Ben plays all 16 games we would have been in the mix to win AFC North. We would have won more then 6 games for sure. Wasted mother f........ season.

Good luck Hodges, you got nothing to lose.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yeah, we'll miss him.

Chances are that we're going to be, at best, a mediocre team for awhile when he's gone.

We'll still be at least a 6-10 to 9-7 team probably. Maybe even the occasional wildcard berth. But 10+ wins is not gonna happen most likely.

We've barely been a playoff team WITH Ben, without him we're in trouble.

I think that's why there is still resistance to the Fitzpatrick trade. By the time this team is worth a damn again, he'll be long gone, getting 20 million a year. And if we have a top 5 pick that's potentially a top signal caller. Or, who knows with that kind of draft capital. Belicheck would trade back twice, get two extra 1st round picks and still land a pro bowler.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He was selected 11th Third QB off the board. So you don't necessarily need a top 5 pick to get one.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not anymore. QBs are coming out more prepared than ever and the rule changes make it that much easier to be successful. IMO

5. Tsrart

Tsrart Member

Sep 19, 2019
    I hear everyone on the Fitzpatrick trade, but let's be honest - with two years left of the $35 million dollar man, there would be no way the Steelers would draft a QB in April, even if they had a top 2 pick (which they won't). Why would you grab the rookie contract and then waste half of it spending a fortune on the QB position anyhow? You grab the rook and spend the cap savings building a team around them. If the Steelers had a top pick next year, they'd trade back, get more picks, and probably draft the top-rated safety on the board - who isn't as highly rated as Minkah. Yes, you could argue that the extra picks would be more valuable than Minkah and that would be a solid argument, but saying that we gave up drafting a franchise QB just isn't right, since it would never have happened anyhow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I’ve been trying to tell y’all for years but no one would listen

7. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I've been singing the same song for years. Always said everyone will see what Tomlin's got when Ben leaves and I'll tell you now it ain't .....

8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Ben just found ways to win. Whether it was making a tackle to win the game like he did against the Colts, making a block on a defender who had a clear shot at Randle-El on his TD to Hines or throwing the ball left handed because Suggs had a hold of his right one. Ben willed the Steelers to about 3 extra wins a year at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Like the roses miss the rain?

• Like Like x 1
  10. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    And we didn't have to trade him to find out. On a side note, when Rudolph had his facemask off, he sure looked like Bobby Walden; remember with the small facemask across the front.

11. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I miss Bradshaw and the steel curtain. C'mon man. Ben was 0-2.
    This team did not come into this season ready, and it showed from the get go. They have been trying to catch up and tighten the loose ends every game. The only home is for the new QB to keep improving and next offseason they come to camp ready to take the bull by the horn.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was thinking Fonzie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011