1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

PSA to Steelers fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 7, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yes, the season is over. We got some young talent. They get 11 games to gel, develop, and get ready for next year.

But there's no reason to run to Juju or Conner socials and get on them and piss them off. It's not going to make anything better. If you are saying somebody fumbled away the season in Week 5 there's way bigger issues than said fumble.

Just do what I do. Watch the Steelers and boycott everything else NFL especially playoffs and Super Bowl. Only way to talk to Goodell is money ie ratings. If they see ratings dip without the Steelers. Then maybe they won't call roughing the passer on Ola for clean hit, they won't call a phantom PI like in the 49ers game, phantom PI on Haden last year against Saints, clear offsides in the Chargers game last year, and Jesse didn't fumble. I've seen so many reviews where they keep saying "In order to overturn the call on the field. You need clear and 100% evidence" There was none on the Jesse catch to overturn the call on the field. Or you can keep supporting it like sheep and keep getting screwed over.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    No first round pick next year. Ugh.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I could not agree more. There is just one caveat here. The season is oh most definitely over... for you perhaps.

For me?! Not a chance. I do believe in Devlin's capabilities as a Quarterback. Heck, Devlin almost won us that game to begin with. JuJu fumbling the ball did him ZERO favors.

That said, our chances of beating Los Angeles are slim. That said, I will take a slim chance over NO chance. It is up to the coaches (AGAIN) to decide whether or not Pittsburgh stares at 2-4 instead of 1-5.

Blame the likes of JuJu as much as possible. One critical aspect is getting swept under the rug here. Randy and Tomlin putting the Wildcat out early in the game did the entire team ZERO favors to start out with.

Bad teams find ways to lose games. The NFL's Centennial or otherwise, this is a universal truth in all Professional Team Based Sports. Coaching is a MAJOR aspect of it should it be inept.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  5. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The season isn't over.

If we're going to boycott the NFL, then we should boycott the entire NFL; Steelers included.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's over as in they won't be playing in January. It's not completely over as in no need to watch the rest of the season for the reasons I stated. Young talent get to gel, develop, and get ready for next year. I want to watch that. Hence why I say still support your team but don't support anything outside of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Until we’re officially eliminated from the playoffs nothings over.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Why go to the trouble of boycott? Do what other spoiled children do: When those meanie refs dare make a bad call against the home team just hold your breath till you turn blue, and maybe stomp your feet a lot.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not the fake boycott stuff again.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Some of us are tired of getting bent by the refs. You seem to enjoy it so stick around and watch the Patriots coast to 7.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We're just going to agree to disagree. The Steelers can still make the playoffs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You and Glemm need to be motivational speakers. Your optimism is thru the roof.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I never said the Steelers were going to win and make the playoffs. I’m just saying nothing is officially over yet. That’s an undisputed fact.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    PSA =
    Pathetic SDOT announcement

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Can I get some of that optimism?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lack of comprehension much?

18. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    It isn't over until the Steelers lose their 8th game in week 11. At that point we will be 2-8. Yes, I'm optimistically giving the Steelers a 2nd win vs the Dolphins.

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Glemm to all of TSF

[​IMG]

20. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

News flash, every fans base, and I do mean every, single, one, feels like they are 'getting bent' by the refs. Even the alleged favored-son Pats. Doubt it? Go to one of their msg boards and read the posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    You want to blame anyone blame Colbert.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  23. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yeah, well we've been a fringe team where calls actually matter. There's at least 10-15 teams every year you can easily say have no chance so blown calls honestly don't matter in their case.

Agreed but what are we blaming him for? Last draft was a mess.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Maybe not mathematically but I do believe I hear squelches and snorts from the wings.........................[​IMG] :rolleyes:

25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hodges looks a little like Jesse Pinkman. Loved Breaking Bad!!

• Agree Agree x 1