1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hope Springs Eternal

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AFan, Oct 6, 2019.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I love Cowher, but some of this nonsense is just that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So you're saying that Cowher's teams were more talented? I'm assuming that you're implying that Cowher's teams were better? Therefore, that talent overcame Tomlin's incompetence?

If that's true, then I guess you have to blame whoever has put this team together, yes? Isn't that Colbert?

Btw, I agree with you that Tomlin has run his course here, but you can't say Tomlin was good enough to win a SB with a "good" team but can't win with a bad one. It doesn't help your argument. Not many coaches can win with a bad team at the NFL level.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin is a loser and nothing you can say can change that. Cowhers team that Tomlin benefited from. Who else did Tomlin have at that time...let me think- oh LeBeau.

So a blind squirrel found a nut, aye. Tomlin is a bumbling moron. The team will continue to get worse and worse. Without Big Ben Tomlin would of been fired years ago.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah a lot of false statements here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Fact: Black bears eat beets.

6. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    you rock!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Colts stopped Mahomes. It’s possible for defense to win the game. Didn’t happen at Heinz

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow! Just a few weeks ago people were calling this defense done.

They got the stop they needed and then after the turnover Ravens were not going to be stupid and try for more than hand-offs with him throwing 3 picks already.
    Despite a terrible roughing call they still held them to a long FG. Any other team with a different kicker and tonight outcome would have been different. Tucker is money on long FGs during the regular season.

5 sacks 3 picks and had to defend the short field 3 times only giving up one TD and 2 FGs (already in FG range)