1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we take advantage of sucking?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jball, Oct 6, 2019.

1. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Agree! Tomlin could eff up a wet dream. going to be hard to take advantage of anything with him at the helm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maybe because his arm needs rest, is the reason he doesn't throw in the offseason I didn't know you were his trainer :shrug:.

3. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I would like to see us keep Hilton and Haden

4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Agreed.

Now, I am usually an optimist. Been a fan since 1972, so I've seen plenty of things to be happy about, so much so that I give the franchise a pass much of the time (nothing could be better than 4 Super bowl wins during an uncertain childhood, but that's beside the point...)

I am adjusting myself to the possibility that this season will be the worst in 50 years, and that they won't have a a great #1 pick either. However-

I can see a good young play making defense emerging.

It's possible that the team has two solid young Qb prospects moving forward.

They are not in a strong division.

-Baltimore is one (highly probable IMHO) Lamar injury from being right where the Steelers are at.

-Cincinnati will never be good. Ever, as long as the Brown family is in charge.

-Cleveland seems to be an ill fated franchise.

Now, this may be wishful thinking, but things are never as bad as they seem, or as good as they appear to be.

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Haden signed a 2 year deal, but I bet he only plays 1.

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You ding dong our #1 pick is playing super ball right now. Is an all pro safety
    and will be for years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I am a half glass full kind of guy. No I do not care for our coaching staff
    and it has been that way for some time. We have improved since the debacle
    in NE. We have talent on both sides of the ball. Yes we may not make the playoffs
    this year, but the pieces are in place. We have a very competitive team that has
    had some mistakes made (ball security) Some times you get the bear and sometimes the
    bear gets you. Who knows we may go on an 8 game tear and get ourselves back into this thing?
    One thing I am going to put out here, The Steelers will be just fine at next years draft. They now
    have a FS safety that can actually play.You usually have to give something to get something.
    The Steelers had to get another TE Mcdonald is unreliable and Grimble was never going to be an every day TE. They had to bring in a TE to give Mason
    a chance to succeed. We will weather the storm. Get back to fundamental football and we will get
    our share of wins. The Steelers made these moves to win THIS YEAR. Please people understand this.

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey Washington just fired Gruden!

Come on Steelers, do it!
    Make today special.

Fire someone!

9. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    With how our record looks to be, too bad we have given up our number one pick. Miami will sure be happy to see us lose every game. And if we beat Miami this season, it only helps them even more with our number one selection we traded to them.

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Fitzpatrick is playing with a super ball? How high can he make it bounce?

11. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'd love for the Steelers to hire Gruden for the OC job. Fichtner isn't much of a coordinator and I think someone who knows how to scheme for opposing defenses would really help.

12. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019

Everyone should follow in the footsteps of Washington.

In all seriousness, the common denominator for losses is Butler and ST coach. Over the past several years the defense continues to make the same mistakes or fails to fix weaknesses. From all reports it seems players really respect and like playing for Tomlin. I can't say he has won me over but I believe his subordinates magnify his mistakes ---- and ALL coaches make mistakes.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Sorry I can't agree with this

They brought Fitzpatrick in due to the lack depth and injury. Personally I like the move. We have a real playmaking Free safety.

They traded for Vannett because of the depth issue, injuries.

As far as winning goes :facepalm:

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

I live in Skins country. Getting fired by Dan Snyder is like getting kicked off the Titanic before it set sail.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yup.
    Owner is the problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    we aren't getting rid of conner, and no1 wants burns or barron... I like getting something for hargrave or dupree, i think anything 4th round or better you take it. Haden you wont get enough for.

17. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    hilton is gone, he will probably want massive money 8 or 9 a year. Which isn't worth it for nickel corner for me. And franchise tag will be way too much...

18. cral22

cral22 Active Member

Oct 17, 2016
    JU JU? probably no1

19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Only two ways to benefit from losing:

1) Get high picks. Love Fitz but since we no longer have a 1st I don't care about draft position (and, yes, our 2nd will be kinda like a late 1st - whatever).
    2) Force necessary changes. Art is a coward and won't fire Tomlin, who now has multiple injury "excuses", so, at best, we can get rid of some coordinators.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Please go back to your FB friends.

21. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Wishful thinking, but I hear you!

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Not even sure what that means but ok...

23. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Go back to your face book friends.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No it isn't too bad, we got a already proven player who they can keep under contract three more years after this season. They don't have to worry about drafting Sean Davis replacement now.

25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Yeah I know what FB means but why?