1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 6, 2019.

1. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I did NOT see a flag on that play. In fact, the announcers did not even talk about it nor did they show the replay more than once or twice.

I can't remember anyone getting knocked out without getting hit in the head. So, he was clearly out before he hit the ground. Secondly, on the one replay I saw, he was hit in the jaw by the defender's helmet. Regardless of out of the pocket or not or being a runner etc., contact to the head area is a personal foul. It was not called as it should have added 15 to the end of the play.

I could not believe they did not expound on this situation especially seeing that the Bill's QB was knocked out last week by a cheap hit from the Patriots. So, I am sure this will bring a fine this week it does nothing to satisfy the Steelers.

The hit on Rudolph was clearly to the head and they should have ripped the Ravens on that call yet we heard nothing of it being illegal.

That was just one of many screw ups from this officiating crew. It was a poorly officiated game on both sides but as usual, the Steelers took the bigger hit.

rutan

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It doesnt because overtime is like starting a brand new game.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think what Belichick did in Cleveland has any bearing on what he does in NE.
    I admit nothing.

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree. I do think he was hit in the jaw though. That’s a easier KO than the head. His head bouncing off the ground was the more serious blow as I see it.

5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Not really. Unless the NFL played doubleheaders, like baseball.

6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Yes, it was. Go look at the play by play. Baltimore got a roughing on the play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Would you expect anything else from Mr. Pycho-Babble? He needs to break out his college philosophy text book and work on some new sayings. Same old same old....I mean the standard is the standard:hehehe:

8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I hated the OT call at first.... for many reasons!!!!

Upon further review I get it..... the defense was playing well.... had several sacks and a couple ints..... a defensive score and we win, a defensive stop and any score we win....... Our offense is led by Hodges... an undrafted rookie who has never played a reg season snap..... yes he was playing well but we couldn’t run very well, Washington was out injuryed as was McDonald ,

I don’t blame juju either , that was a heck of a defensive play...... I blame our 1st qtr play calling and game plan .

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was definitely a doubter after Mason went down but thankfully, Hodges came in ballin! Tomlin had em set up pretty for the win, unfortunately, the Ravens defense made a great play on the JuJu catch. Whenever the Steelers win, the haters are silenced for a day but when they lose the haters go wild. And it doesn't matter how or why they lose - it's ALL Tomlins fault. RIDICULOUS!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Some one give me a serious answer. How do you not like the coin toss call after the fact. Everything prior that happened is null and void. It was a risk , but It worked. Tomlin trusted the defense and they answered the call. It actually made it easier for a 3rd string rookie to succeed as he only had to get them into position to kick a FG. Steelers defense were stopping Jackson and their offense fairly well in the second half so I can see why he had the confidence in the defense. Maybe the player on the field that can’t hold on to the ball should shoulder the blame. I’m not saying Tomlin is the best but some people are blaming him for something completely out of his hands. I don’t understand

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He was assessed a 15 yard personal foul.

12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Okay, I didn't see it but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I read two post game articles that said it wasn't flagged. Game announcers didn't mention it.
    CBS must have been in commercial break when it was announced. The ref never announced it on tv.

13. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I stand corrected, it was flagged and 15 yards was added to the play. My mistake, I wasn't trying to mislead anybody. I guess I was too busy wondering if Mason was going to get injured when they were dragging him around the field trying to get him to the locker room.

14. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Wtf r u talking about? You could put Tomlin as HC of any NE team and they don’t even make the super bowl, maybe not even the playoffs. Tom Brady can eat a duck and sucks. Belichick is a Ferrari compared so the Isuzu I mark we have in Tomlin.

Is this troll day or what, can we screen these people to make sure they even care about black and gold

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    All good. I don’t trust your answers anyway :hehehe:. MR looked like the guy from Weekend at Bernie’s. I hope he’s ok....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Not much to complain about. We played about as good as we can at this point and it was enough where we very well could have won the game.

There is no reason to worry about contending this year. This is a garbage time season. Just hope Mason is ok and suffers no after effects.

I remember when Ben had his really bad concussion after the motorcycle accident. He was not right for about 5 games after he came back.

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    In fairness Belicheck's ascension has always seemed suspect. Cowher used to own him when he was in Cleveland. Although it is Cleveland. But to say Tomlin could duplicate or top that? No just no...

18. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    That hit on the bills kid was different, he was scrambling for a 1st down and lowered his head into it. He should of gotten flagged for hitting the defender. Don’t run outside like an idiot throw it away or slide earlier.

Mason got lit up in the pocket and should’ve gotten a flag.

I like everyone else is tired of these inconsistent rules but am used to it

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    We lost because of pussy ass play calling in first 2 possessions. Then running wildcat 2 and 1 and settling for FG. That's 14 points their way. Plus ball after half. Impossible to overcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're smart not to. Maybe I should turn in my NY medical cannabis card.
    (Lest anyone think I'm serious, that's just a joke......they ain't getting my card);+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m genuinely surprised by the vitriol about the coin toss around here. Like you say, strategically it worked. The offense were in a position to move towards a field goal, up until the fumble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    I’m just speechless that their are still people right after we lose a heartbreaking loss talking about Tomlin is better than Belichick. Our coach is a clown, a F clown.
    You know why the cheats, no patriots always get the call? Because Belichick coaches them up to all the little tricks and rule bending. We ain’t got that.

I love Cowher btw, wish he was still here because we would have another 3-4 SB. It’s past now we done

23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I hate Tomlin. I blame him for a lot, including the losses to Seattle and San Fran. That said, today is not his fault unless you take it to some existential "the team loses because the atmosphere is that of a loser and that is Tomlin's fault" place.

24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Tomlin on kick off to in OT: "Man, did you see our kickoff return in this football game? Did you see their kickoff team? Every time they put the ball on about the 2-yard line and Tucker hung the ball at about 4.5 secs, we couldn't get back to the 15. Why would I sign up for that?

So he admits that our ST unit sucks. What’s being done about it? After so many years, Danny Smith has demonstrated that he’s not the person to save the day

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Preaching to the choir. FDSI or it’s just more empty excuses.