1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Game Loss Complaint Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 6, 2019.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Juju fault like ab said.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yet he is capable of making the same strategic decision for an overtime coin throw. I think that was as far as the comparison went?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I seen Ben do more coaching on the sidline today, then Tomlin has done since he got hired

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
  4. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    JuJu ****ed up and it cost us the game. No doubt about it. However, tying his fumble to his activity on social media is ****ing moronic.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It was once again a team failure. Weird start to game (coaching), D cannot stop long drives, offense can’t really run the ball well enough, special teams is a disaster, individual execution lacking at crucial times. Moments of brilliance (defensive stands, responds to AB injury), but never quite enough to seal the deal.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I tune into Tomlins press confrence, heard “we won’t blink” and shut it off

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    I get that venting needs to occur after a game like that but damn some of you take it to an extremely stupid level.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Steel Acorn

Oct 17, 2011
    Credit to the ravens guy - that was a perfect punch out and not many receivers hold onto that ball.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
  9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Such a stupid thing to say.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sorry but I hate Tomlin as a coach but I think that was a smart move and it would have worked if not for Humpries upper cut to jar the ball out. Rather then point out how Juju fumbled I would say it was a better play on Humprhies part then a bad play by Juju. He held the ball high and tight like he should.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he was.moatly referring to a lack of focus.

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It comes naturally to Madden.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Steel Acorn

Oct 17, 2011
    And the football gods decreed we lose - what a weird bounce to keep the ball in play and away from our guys.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    its true though. have you ever seen Tomlin blink.. he has the widest non blinking eyes in all of coaching lol Looks like a damn frog

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We are who our record says we are. Bad teams find ways to lose.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    And its still stupid. What he does off the field had nothing to do with him fumbling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    He was right. I guarantee most of you guys were ready to fold when Rudolph went down. This team never quits under Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I will wait for the leagues apology this week when they admit it was a safety, and that 92 did not rough the QB.

But no way Thomas should just get a fine. I think it should be at least a 1 week suspension. He launched himself helmet to helmet in a QB in the act of throwing the ball.

Mason will be lucky to be able to even practice next week.....Here comes Hodges and Lynch next week.

Time to stop playing football like you are a contender. You don't take a knee to go to OT ...You launch the ball 50 yards...and hope for the PI and kick the field goal.....You don't just hand off on 3rd and 5....you roll Hodges out with one TE that side of the field...if he is open throw it...if he is not...run it...if you cant do either...throw it into the upper deck.

Going to have to start taking some chances and shots if you want to have a chance to turn this ship around.

HACK

• Agree Agree x 11
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unless he was thinking about his next Instagram highlight video :hehehe:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  20. MackDog21

MackDog21 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2017
    I think you take the ball because Hodges didn't look bad and who knows, you have a chance to close the game out with a td. Either way, he is going to have to string together a few first downs to get in field goal range unless there is a large gain on special teams. We have seen Juju bust crossing routes 90 yards before vs Patriots and many times, so in my opinion, TAKE THE BALL.

Besides that, I hate to say it, but our 2 pro-bowl replacement players Juju and Conners are leading the league in youngest duo with game losing turnovers. All things considered, 3rd string QB etc, the entire team played a team effort to win that game today, defense especially with multiple INT's and large part, holding Jackson in check, getting multiple sacks on him. They held them that first possession in OT masterfully. Juju can NOT fumble there, bottom line. I feel like this game was ripped away from us and the more desperate we are for a win the worse the ripping away is. We could be 4-1 or at least 3-2 if not for these untimely turnovers, dropped passes by Moncrief, etc. Even with Ben down, and now Mason down for who knows how long, probably multiple weeks is my guess, and being down to Hodges, it still feels really, really bad to be 1-4, because we haven't got blown out sans Patriots.

The only silver lining that I have, is in the small sample size, Devlin had that cool presence and had some down field throws. Bright side: If the competition for QB after Ben is Rudolph and Hodges, then as of right now, it looks like we will have a tough good choice to make. Obviously we need to see more from him, but from what we saw, he DOES look good.. You have to admit that, he came in and it was not a death sentence for the offense.. It kept on ticking as good or better than before. So in approx 1/2 of NFL play, he looks pretty good so far, for an UDFA at least

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Ironically juju was coaching up Johnson after his fumble last week

22. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    The gamble with the coin toss worked in our favor. Juju fumbled the game away, I can’t blame Tomlin for that at all. No clue how that can be put on the coach , that’s 100% juju

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Im assuming you’re referring to Tomlin’s game management?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. TxSteelFan

TxSteelFan Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2018
    Trade Davis, Burns, Chickillo, Mongrief, McCullers plus a pick to NY Giants for Eli. This team needs an experienced QB; all other positions are stacked. The north is still there for the taking.

25. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It’s funny that someone disagreed with you

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1