1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB forfeited a lifetime of glory in Pittsburgh (Good read)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 3, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No Deuce, just Paul.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  3. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    You are 100% correct but I don't think it applies to AB. I say that because he had a "diva type" reputation in college and it showed up in a pre-drat report. That report got a lot of things wrong but he had enough of a reputation that they listed a prima donna attitude as a concern. I can understand cockiness and overconfidence in a young college player, especially when that player is coming from a smaller football program.

The issue with AB isn't overconfidence or cockiness, he can back his talk up on the field. His issue is he truly believes he should be placed on a pedestal and be "above the law" so to speak. When he feels wronged he believes he should be able to lash out with no consequence as evidenced by his condo furniture being tossed with no regard for anyone's safety. He mentioned that NFL teams would have to play by his rules, he really believes that and that just hasn't happened because of money and fame.

James Harrison said he was acting like that right from the start. It was always there but he kept it hid only allowing a glimpse every now and again. I believe that the money and fame have played a big part in his behavior but it didn't change him to act like he does, that is just who he is. What money and fame did was basically fan the flames and allow those outside the locker room to see who he really is but it didn't make him who he is, that was done well before he had money and fame.