1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns Media/fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Listening to 850 AM Monday the Browns media is 100% certain the NFL will flex the Steelers/Chargers game out and the Browns/Seahawks game in for next Sunday night.

They are back to believing they will go deep in the playoffs.

You couldn't find better comedy on the comedy channel on Sirius/XM!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
    • Begins Sunday of Week 5
    • In effect during Weeks 5-17
    • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
    • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
    • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
    • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
    • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
    • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
    • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
    • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
    • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
    • NFL schedules all games.
    • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Probably won't if Steelers knock off the Ravens.

Networks love the Steelers they are high TV draw.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game.

Well, if that's the case, we're already at 11 days today, and no announcement, so it shouldn't be happening.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This is what makes it so comical, in order to make the Browns game a better draw than the Steelers game, the Steelers would have to lose to the Ravens and the Browns would have to beat the 9ers. And those fall outside the 12 day window. Yet the Cleveland media is still saying it will happen:smiley1: You gotta love the mentally handicapped!

6. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I ended up settling in northeast Ohio, you will not find a more delusional and obnoxious fan base than what the browns have. They’re worse than any fan in the league I can promise u that

7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    But it could happen, if Tomlin throws a challenge flag and Al Riveron makes the ruling.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, I lived in NE Ohio as a kid in the late 70s. I live about an hour North East of Cincinnati now, and it's not much different here with Bengals fans, but I do know more Bengals fans who are frustrated and admit they have issues than I do Browns fans.

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Flex scheduling is terrible for NFL fans who pay extra money to travel and attend games. Period.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yep! I have lived here since getting out of the service in 1980 and I can tell you that they have been totally delusional since the late 80's. They place zero value on ownership, management, coaching, culture, etc. Every year they thought that the first overall pick would make the difference ...... and these are high level executives that I am talking about, not ditch diggers.

11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, they really have no concept of what a successful franchise looks like. They haven't seen one since they got the expansion Browns. (No, the franchise currently in Cleveland is NOT the original Browns. That franchise is in Baltimore now. I refuse to buy into the league's dishonesty on that one.)

Think about it. They have played in one playoff game since they got the team in 1999, and that was a disastrous loss in which they blew a huge lead against the Steelers. It is by far my favorite game that I saw in person, but it must be an ugly memory for Browns fans.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I suspect there is a good Browns/Steelers rivalry there or whatever we want to call it. But, do Browns fans care about the Bengals?

13. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Try living in dallas!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Yeah I just moved to the DFW area and these cowgirl fans are obnoxious!

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard this but it was if the Steelers had lost to the Bengals.

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not so much. They hate the Steelers because the Steelers are everything they have never been. And they hate Baltimore because they are the Browns that left Cleveland and then won it all.

I know it sounds stupid but I am an engineer and I always look for the common denominator when you can't figure something out. The common denominator is Cleveland. The fans and media are certain every time they draft the Johnny Du jour they are going to win it all, and after two games, when it's apparent that they aren't going to, they want everyone fired......and I am dead serious!

18. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    upload_2019-10-2_12-38-24.jpeg ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    tomy grossi, emit goldhammer whatever his name is, Rizzo those kind of local clowns think every player on the browns is an all pro. it’s hilarious. The jealousy of the Steelers success as a franchise drives their insanity and delusions. If they do become a good team and end up winning the divisional people will see how cancerous the browns fans are.

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    When I listen to them I simply can't believe that these guys are the supposed professionals on the air and then I realize who their audience is. Prior to the season starting, it was a foregone conclusion that Mayfield is a HOF'er.

I have already named him Baker Maynot:smiley1:

21. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    There already cancerous and annoying. It's best they stay where they belong being the doormat in football. It's obvious they can't handle any kind of success even just a 2-2 record.. Which is success for them

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Browns have a history in Cincy also, Paul Brown.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are ok. That doesn’t sound stupid. I like trains. ;)

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And speaking of trains, next brilliant thing Mr Volcano claims will be that the colors are really White and Pink with dark blue insides. :lolol:

[​IMG]

Good + Plenty

Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer,

Choo Choo Charlie had a train we hear,

He had an engine and he sure had fun,

He used Good 'n Plenty candy to make the train run.

Charlie says, "Love my Good 'n Plenty"!

Charlie says, "Really rings the bell"!

Charlie says, "Love my Good 'n Plenty",

Don't know any other candy that I love so well!

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I think Mr is actually Ms.