1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A rap halftime show? WTF?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Although the halftime show was for a good cause it made me sick to that the organization gave such time to a loser like Snoopdog and put a rap show on national TV!

Art II is a sick man!

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    What makes you think that the Steelers had anything to do with that at all? Snoop is a known Steelers fan. I'm positive it was ESPN's decision to do it. And chances are, they probably have a halftime performance every week. It was nothing more than a music video. I tuned it out completely.

3. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    What is wrong with a rap halftime show? It's a popular music genre.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Art Rooney II a sick man?! Interesting for certain. I wonder what that makes Robert Kraft or even Jerry Jones?! :hmm:

• Like Like x 3
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I hope you enjoy J-lo and Shakira at the Super Bowl halftime show.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I like Snopp. I thought the halftime show was cool. Whats wrong with rap? Im 43 and its still my goto music. I just listened to MOP Ante Up on the way to the gas station to get snuff.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We know Art II is a sick man. He keeps extending MT's contract :puking 3:

8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why the hate on Snoop Dog???? Regardless of his past he's a good dude and a great Father chill with the Snooop hate!!!

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was better than some of the other crap they put on.

Plus they were honoring Snoop’s youth football league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Snoop Dogg is a good dude? LOL. I appreciate his gin & juice as much as the next guy but to call Snoop Dogg a "good guy" is a big reach.

And was up with Tdot wearing a James Harrison Jersey?

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Any relation to SDOT?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  12. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Harrison Jersey I have 3 of them!!!!! and i wear them!!! Once a Steeler always a Steeler!!! I look at the whole person/player he did a lot while wearing Black and Gold. DEEBOO!!!!:cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I threw mine in the trash.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    First of all rap is not music.....unless of course you care to rattle off the top five drummers, top five guitarist, and top five vocalists:thumbs_up: There is no "musical" component to rap.

Snoop Dog is a racist political activist who doesn't deserve time on TV let alone the half time show of a Steeler game! It was embarrassing!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    The Beastie Boy's would disagree. And from all accounts Snoop Dog is a good person actually....I guarantee you he's done more to help people then you ever have. So he smokes a lot of weed. What a jerk. :rolleyes:

Using your logic Classical music isn't music. Rap has all elements of music. It's not an opinion - if you can read music you know that's a fact. As for the talent involved to make rap - well that's up for debate. Talent doesn't make a musician good. I'll offer an extreme example... the Sex Pistols vs Steve Vai. One of these has more guitar talent then anyone that's walked the earth...the other wrote one of the most recognizable punk songs ever.

With few exceptions I hate rap but I hate pop country music even more. In fact all pop music is for the most part crap now days. But wow do they have talent. Amazing voices, dance like circus acts...but can't write music to save their life. So they buy the music, hire a producer and choreographer, hit the studio with hired musicians and bam! they are superstars. For some reason alot of people love this crap. So who am I to say what the half time show should be?

I'll go out on a limb here and guess you are a republican. lol

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I absolutely love real hip hop, and don't see the problem

18. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Yea if your a kid,, or young adult.... i wonder how many kids young adults buy tickets to nfl games ?? i dont mind old rap,,, but to be honest i dont care for what they call hiphop either... Just give me rock, metal and country .

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    pass

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    80's rap was good.... rock, metal and jazz for me. I hate modern country music with a passion... god it sucks and so does Top 40. Classic country from 1950-1980 was good and bluegrass music is good too. I'm weird.

21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I just turned the channel and it all went away. .

• Like Like x 2
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Awesome 80's hip hop: Newcleus, Mantronix, Run DMC, UTFO, Whodini, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Easy E, NWA, 2 Live Crew, LL Cool J, Kool Moe Dee, Ice T, Boogie Boys, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    agreed on country i dont listen to any new country unless criss stapelton

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  24. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Modern Rap is terrible. Actually, a lot of modern music is terrible but it could just mean I'm getting older and don't understand or appreciate today's music. There are a few gems here and there but they are hard to find anymore. I think rap went downhill after Tupac.

25. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    I wasn't aware he did any rapping on the halftime show. Dont usually watch the halftime show and this time I'm extra thankful. Nothing against Snoop and I love music just not his type.