1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Only way this season is salvageable...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    come on man...... The Playoffs??????? I'm not sure we can beat the dolphins

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    The only way we beat the baltimore murders if we pay KC to play for us..... I'm not sure what people in the burgh was watching but I got to see highlights of that game, the Ravens hung in there with KC.

I think baltimore and KC can beat the cheaters. We shouldn't be even mentioned with those teams the way we play. We got 5 turnovers and LOST!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ironman

Ironman Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Having the star quarterback sitting on IR exposes the weaknesses of the the rest of the team. And, there are many. It starts at the top.

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Play calling. I know that sweep is Conners go to play. I know this because that use to be the only play he would come in to run when Bell was here. But the o-line has been horrible all year. They are trying to keep the chains moving and run clock. Why are you running a play to the sidelines and not straight up the field? There was no where to go and Conner tried to save 5 yards and get back to line of scrimmage. If he doesn't, it would have been 2nd and 15+

5. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016

Imposter! What have you done with HeinzMustard? Get the heck out of here and take this pollyanna crap with you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Saints look to still be alive with drew brees out for 6 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I see a win vs Bengals, but Ravens may set single game rushing record.

HACK

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Brees is still going to play 10 games. He's not on IR

10. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Fix the defense by finding a way to make first downs on offense, make it as simple as it needs to be to sustain drives.

In the Seattle game the defense looked great in the beginning but wore down, same as in yesterdays game.

We can't realistically find new coordinators at this stage of the season so we need to adjust to what we have.

If Butler can't fix it then the defensive genius who has the cool shades and quotable quotes needs to take ownership of the defense.

He always says " WE OWN IT " no you Mike Tomlin you own it and its badly broken. Teams have been taking this defense apart by attacking the same area of the field for three years now.

The safety play might improve with the addition of Minkah but the ILB play especially in coverage sucks.

Barron and Conner need to be held responsible for poor play and need to be demoted on the depth chart.

The offensive line needs a shake up as well they are the key to what might be left of the season with a rookie QB and a shaky running game.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A team can replace a coordinator mid season and be successful. I think the Ravens replaced their OC mid season the last time they won the Super Bowl. Replace Butler with Austin. Keep the terminology the same for the players, but develop and install the game plan better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What if the higher-ups are fine with the existing OC?..and DC...and HC....

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    then this team will not sniff a SB for 30 years lol

sorry @steel machine

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Those of us who are old enough have seen this movie before. From the end of 1999 through early 2000 the Steelers went 1-10 including an 0-3 start. A playoff appearance is unlikely but a 7-9 or 8-8 kind of season is still possible. Losing arguably the best WR in the game and a franchise QB at the same time is a pretty tall order.

15. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Like I said...

16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    James Conner; the new passive-aggressive voice of the Steelers...

• Like Like x 2