1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

One of the saddest pics I’ve seen as a Steelers fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 23, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    94604F6B-5D0E-4D61-9C90-6466773DC137.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Cannot blame him. JuJu deserves better. For that matter, so does Mason.

Perhaps Randy can get his head out where the sun does not shine. Let Mason loose early and often. Then again, James Conner coughing up a fumble does not help either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Losing isn't fun and shouldn't be. It shows me that Juju cares.

As Dr Seuss says when you're in a slump your not in for much fun.

Unslumping yourself is not easily done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Mason was throwing high often. He did not look good. I really hope he settles down and our offense finds an identity. No running game, TE thin, and WR scares nobody.

5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Looks like Mason couldn’t really step into his throws, that’s why they were high.
    Same for Ben too.

The O Line possibly has fooled us for a few years now.
    Maybe Bell made them seem better.

• Like Like x 2
  6. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    They produced a Pro Bowl RB and Ben was sacked the least of his career and had over 5,000 yards passing

It's a large drop off from a year ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I just hope they realize it's a rebuild year and nobody goes AB. Got to be tough putting your body on the line and season over in Week 4.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    wtf happened though? can anyone explain this? I am not smart enough to break down plays(lazy) lol

9. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    This picture says a lot of a big problem this team has right now, perhaps it's biggest problem and that is lack of belief.

I know that sounds folksy but getting a win after these changes this past week with the future of this team could have made all the difference.

This team needs new leaders after Ben went out and a victory could have given this young group something to rally around. Now, they're still rudderless.

10. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    For sure, there are several reasons.
    One of the most important: no Mike Munchak

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    there is no leader though. you keep plugging in talented players and still cant win who else are you going to blame? Coaches perspective that is since there is no accountability there

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    People say Munchak leaving etc. but this is the same group. Maybe the age is catching up to the line?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    But this is a veteran group. Would losing Munchak have this much of an affect guys who've already learned under him for several years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Yes, it's a veteran unit. Still, not so veteran to say a problem is they are aging.
    Remember:
    1) It's only the 2nd year under new OC.
    2) Football is such a dynamic sport, almost a science. Defensive schemes are no static (ehmmm on 31 teams), and adjustments are an every week task...

Yes, there are several factors. But Munchak is one of them

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Losing Munchak is huge. Doesn't matter that they are a veteran group, thats the same thing as saying a vet doesn't need anymore coaching after x-amount of years.

Munch isn't here, so he's not able to point out anything that a player is doing wrong. He is a tactician, he might point out someones hand placement is off or their footwork or leverage or whatever. There is a reason he is the best OL coach in the league.

That said, Ben was getting ample protection the first 2 weeks so maybe it was just an off game.

It's the run blocking that is an issue. Although SF was stacking the box and daring Mason to throw. Until he starts making teams pay, the running game is going to suffer.

It was Masons first NFL start, he's never had accuracy problems, that part of his game will come around. People need to calm down.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is exactly how I feel!! I am not understanding AT ALL what the hell happened to our OL. Same players....the guy standing on the sidelines during the game makes that much of a difference DURING the game??? I just don't get it.

• Like Like x 2
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    i guess my issue, and im sure others too, is that we are expecting the same level of play that was 2014-2018 and we shouldnt

18. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Good players can only take so much losing before they want out. This team is currently toxic.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’d like to say that it’s from the opponent loading the box because they don’t respect the pass but they were consistently getting beat by a 4 man rush. So to me it’s just underperformance. The run game is just getting swarmed. It doesn’t help telegraphing the play from shotgun. No Nix and no McDonald is a pretty big loss when we need it most. The OL is gonna have to step up their game big time or we’re in for more of the same. You have to make the D respect something.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup. Werent taking deep shots, couldnt block a 4 man rush, and RB were not finding holes. I remember those Raven games when Ben had playmakers and they were killing us just like the 49er game. Big 4 man fronts with Ngata/suggs and dropping 7.

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup guys were getting out muscled. Pushed straight back into Rudolph’s pocket. He couldn’t step into many of his attempts. Is the gym still being used in Pittsburgh or are guys just sick of getting duct tape residue on their expensive workout attire?

22. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. Wish I'd see that kind of concern from Tomlin.

• Like Like x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Our offensive line better get their heads out of their asses.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I also saw the offensive lineman get push back into the QB on passing downs, but also looked like MR didn't drop back as far as Ben does and was closer to the line of scrimmage then Ben usually. Definitely not big holes on running plays. The linemen just don't look powerful enough and getting manhandled. Its probably old age but then again big Al is not old and him and Foster getting blown off the ball. I think loosing Munchak also has a lot to do with the poor running and pass blocking.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1