1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrapolo comments on game winning drive...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Sep 23, 2019.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When you put it like that, no, but it's not quite that simple either. A wave starts as a ripple and spreads. If enough people are complaining about the coaching, which would obviously have to include the media, then ownership might just take notice of something that perhaps they didn't notice before or were on the fence about. You can only ignore noise for so long, and as patient as our management group is, nobody is immune to noise from the outside world

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Whatever bro. Your complaining here has zero impact on anything the Steelers do.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Whatever troll. You complaining has zero to do with anything. I think everyone here has read enough of your idiotic comments and takes on things. 11K post of nonsense, no wonder you think voicing your opinion doesn't amount to anything. Try more for quality instead of quantity.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I always find it interesting how people who say they are done watching Steelers games get on here and judge the Steelers performance in games that they supposedly didn’t even watch.

5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    and if you read my post from the other post I didn't watch the game, i was at an all day charity event. I watched the highlights online. I never said I would stop watching the games. I stopped supporting the team with my money. You seem to not understand where money comes from or how revenue is raised. I'm not a part of nielson media, I doesn't matter if i watch or dvr or not, they don't get money from that, its shared tv revenue. They get money from my season tickets and when I show up to spend $1k each game taking my buddies.

You talk a lot of jibberish are you trying to increase your post count?

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Someone doesn’t know how to have a conversation without insults?

7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    forumfight.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Not necessarily. "fan revolts" have successfully triggered change before

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow that's actually pretty embarrassing - now the opposing QB is calling out our communication issues. All I can do is shake my head.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    QBs have been mocking our D for years....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s not exactly what we’re talking about here though is it? We’re talking about fans complaining on a message board. Now maybe 1000s and thousands of fans stop going to the games then maybe you could have something there.

12. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    If you think the only guys complaining are fans on message boards, well then I think you're mistaken. What's happening here is symptomatic of a bigger movement in the fanbase right now.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Again the debate was fans complaining on a message board.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    How about a stadium of fans chanting Tomlin sucks at every game lol.. That might do it

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Simpelton

Simpelton Member

Sep 20, 2019
    But the unrest on a message board doesn't happen in a vacuum does it?

17. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The D-line was not good at all yesterday. Tuitt, Heyward and Hargrave were getting pushed around. 49ers RBs were gaining 5-7 yards on first and second down. IF the Niners were smart, they would have just ran the ball all damn day.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Agree and our new light and fast linebackers were not helping matters either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Remember when rookies couldn't play in Lebeau's scheme because its was too complicated? I guess now it has been dumbed down, and our players still can't implement it. Of course, Lebeau had some superior talent, both physically and (I think) mentally. I suspect our D has physical talent (speed anyway), but doesn't have the capacity to grasp what is going on play-to-play, at least they don't process it quickly enough.

20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Time for the 4-3 approach. Instead of 2 linebackers lost in the middle we only have one.
    Seriously I would not mind a 4-3 base to help with the run. I think steeldeal called it, getting too light in the ass with the covering lbs. 4 DL

• Like Like x 2
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Would take awhile to rebuild what we have though

22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What did we build? Not a 2011 defense. Plug & play the hybrids?
    Maybe with our next hc

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow ... it's one thing to lose to brady but now his ex understudy

24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Would it? Watt can definitely play DE in a 4-3 at a high level. He sometimes lines up in a 3 point stance already. Hargrave may be even better as a 1 gapper in a 4 man front than he is as a nose tackle (need to resign him). Tuitt and Heyward can handle the switch. Tuitt could potentially play as a strong side DE in base defense, then kick inside on passing downs. Bush is tailor made to be a run and chase weakside OLB like a Derrick Brooks (Gilbert as well). Vince is a capable 2 down middle backer. Dupree has the raw physical traits to play DE or SAM backer.

• Like Like x 3
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We can leave no more stones unturned hahahahaha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2