1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Attention board members and Steelers Fans! Important Announcement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Sep 17, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So your one of those all or nothing people. You realize you can support the Steelers then when they aren't in the playoffs stop watching right? You don't think the league and Goodell look at playoff/Super Bowl ratings? They already took a huge dip last year and going to be even worse if the Pats make it again. Eventually they are going to go maybe we should stop screwing over one of the biggest team/fan bases. Maybe we will finally get a call in our favor. Unless we all be sheep and accept it because Goodell told us so. I'm tired of the cheating and special treatment the Patriots get.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, Duce probably wouldn't like that.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fair enough.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So you don’t mind if the NFL cheats as long as it’s in our favor?

You’re a funny guy you know that. You act like the NFL and Roger Goodell are some outside evil force that are against us. The Steelers and the NFL are one in the same. Roger Goodell is employed by the Steelers and the other 31 teams in the league. What does really comes down to is your jealousy and envy of the patriots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Glenn I agree with just about everything you wrote except for the NFL winning if I watch a game. I pay for cable but have no control over content. Sure some of that money goes to the company's that pay the NFL but that doesn't mean I'm paying money to them. It would be different if I had satellite and Sunday ticket. Basically whether I watch or not the content is the same. If I stop I don't get money back. Beyond that I'm a pirate and pay for nothing

6. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Your TV turned on watching the game goes towards their viewership rating. You are watching commercials(ads) right? Whether you buy the ticket or not doesn't matter. Their ratings are what they use to strike billion dollar deals.

7. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah no.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you watch games you watch advertisements. That’s where the money is at. You support advertisers, they pay the network and they give some of the dough to the NFL.

9. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Im not sure I agree with this ...

Sincerely,

Tom Brady
    Tim Tebow
    Mike Tomlin’s game plan
    Anyone in the Playoffs

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Advertisers pay the network for their spots in the hopes that it will lead consumers to buy their product. All that money they give is in the hope that it will give them sales and they will more than make up for the millions they spend on ads. Doesn't really work in my case but that doesn't mean it doesn't work for others. I don't drink and no amount of money spent by Bud Light, Coors, Sam Adams or anyone else will get me to buy their product. I haven't bought Chunky soup in like 15 years and none of that was based on football ads. My favorite soda spends absolutely minimal money on advertising and the parent company has been talking about getting rid of it for 20 years. I don't eat durritos, and most of the pizza and fast foods ads are an hour or more drive away so ads don't drive those choices.

I understand what you guys are getting at but the money you think they league is making off programing isn't a weekly thing or game by game. It's paid up front and when the product is bad like Mondays game was yes the numbers are down but the network's don't go back to the league and go you owe us money for that crapfest.

I would love to say my viewing habits affect the leagues bottom line but they really dont. I honestly think the terrible towel charity has made more money from me than the NFL since 92.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  11. somedude

somedude Member

Aug 10, 2019
    My fandom is bigger than your fandom.