1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome Minkah Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 58stillers, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I know some have asked who the Steelers traded their #1 pick, the 9th over all for in 1967. They got TE Tony Jeter and DE Loyd Voss from the Packers. I remember Voss, he was an OK player but I have no recollection of Jeter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks. Minkha signing has made us 1000 times better. He is the FS we
    needed to have. He can play football, will take time to acclimate to
    the Steelers but he will be just fine. You will see a tremendous effect on other (Db's Cb's)
    knowing they have a competent football player that can give help where it is needed
    when players get beat. This signing is HUGE.

• Like Like x 3
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    He can find another way to do it ,

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    The safety position is almost like the center on the offensive line. It's communication central. He's in the eye of the storm, so to speak.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If he helps the Steelers win games, he can kneel all he wants.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Exactly. I’m for people taking a stand for what they believe in, but as long as it’s within the rules/law. If you want to do it call up the news and have them meet you at a park or something outside of work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    What he did was within the law and the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Funny how the players wants to kneel; when they can be seen in the National spotlite but u never here them doing anything outside the stadium to benifit their cause... If he wants to do it let him do it off the clock ..

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    When they are on the clock, that is when they have everybody's attention. The entire point is to do it when they have the most eyes on them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

So its alook at me moment.... lmao thats all it is... Thank you society

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ll admit I’m not real well-versed on that part of the NFL rulebook. Do they allow protest on company time? If they do then I guess that’s that. For me personally I didn’t like it.

12. Franco

Franco Active Member

Sep 19, 2019
    He never kneeled not correct information

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Saw a pic of wht sure looked like him wearing# 29 that was his # correct? I hope it wasnt him but who knows

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it's people trying to get a point across to as many other people as possible. The smart thing is to do it when people are actually watching.

Is there an element of "look at me" with some of the players who did it? Possibly, but really you're just assuming the worst because you don't like it. It doesn't seem as if you are even trying to look at this objectively.

People disrespect the national anthem all the time. Every baseball game I attend, I see someone fail to remove a hat. I see someone texting or walking or talking rather than showing the proper respect. It bothers me, too, but that's their choice.

Of course, the team has every right to take action against a player doing that stuff, but people make way too big a deal out of it.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They changed the rules before the 2018 season, which makes me think the poster who said Fitzpatrick was one of the players kneeling got it wrong. He was still in college when that protest was a big thing.

Apparently, some Dolphins are still doing it and the owner is letting them. I don't see any mention of Fitzpatrick doing it.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...0190908-zvmgfg6rojctxhvi3p6s7u6nvu-story.html

16. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Steelers defensive coordinator on getting Minkah Fitzpatrick: “Hallelujah!”

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 20, 2019

Steelers defensive coordinator Keith Butler couldn’t contain his excitement when he learned that defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick was on his way to Pittsburgh in a trade with Miami.

“Hallelujah!” Butler said, via the Patriot-News. “That’s what went through my mind. That’s exactly what went through my mind, I’m tellin’ ya.”

Butler said it became obvious at Fitzpatrick’s first practice that he’s going to make a big impact in Pittsburgh.

“I’m glad we got him, we needed him,” Butler said. “Watch him in practice, y’all see the same thing I do, that dude can move.”

The Steelers took a big risk in trading their first-round draft pick for Fitzpatrick, while they’re 0-2 and playing the rest of the season without Ben Roethlisberger. That pick may be a very high one. But Butler believes that even if it turns out that the Steelers gave up a very high pick, Fitzpatrick will prove to be worth it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tor-on-getting-minkah-fitzpatrick-hallelujah/

17. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It still blows my mind that people seriously get their panties in a bunch over whether other people stand or not during a freaking song at a sporting event. Good Lord they are delicate flowers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  18. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Let's not go there. Take this BS somewhere else.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree... and these are the same people who b!tch and whine the most about political correctness, but yet are the most easily offended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kneeling stuff has been getting too much attention on the board. Keep it football related please.

And no more drunk posting ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Aren't you worried that banning drunk posting might cut down a bit much on people's participation around here? :)

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF may have to lay me off :shock:

24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    First practice Butler had Fitz play 40 yards deep because he wants the defense to bend but not break

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Folks, we had a lot of issues during the a few years ago
    We may also miss out on tidbits like someone posting that a def guy named Colbert murdered him.