1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bens out, Mason is in. Who benefits, who suffers.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Suffer:

I think obviously, JuJu is going to suffer the most, at least initially. He is already facing double teams and now a downgrade at QB (assuming Mason doesn't pull a Mahomes).

Johnson will likely have a harder time. I truly believe they were trying to recreate the dynamic that Ben and AB had by drafting him. I still think he will be a player, just may take longer now. He did bail out Mason with a great catch last week.

May benefit:

Initially I was thinking Switzer will take a hit because Ben obviously wanted him involved more but he actually may benefit from it. He'll be an important check down option.

Limbo:

Moncrief will continue to get open, whether he holds onto anything remains to be seen. Could be going down the same path as Coats.

Benefit:

I think Washington stands to benefit a lot. There is an obvious connection between these two. All that remains to be seen is if Washington is just a preseason warrior or can he do it when it counts. If he doesn't take the next step this season, I'm writing him off as Markus Wheaton 2.0.

Vance. Think we already saw that Mason is going to rely on him. Only question is if Fichtner will deviate from his comment of not increasing his playing time. Dumb if they don't make him a big part of the offense.

Conner and Samuels will benefit the most. I believe you will see a bigger commitment to the run game and also both will provide safe reads for Mason.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Washington could benefit big time. I just picked him up in my other fantasy league.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I missed getting him at the draft in my friends league but he got dumped on the waiver wire this morning. Got my claim in.

James Washington should explode this season with Mason. Their chemistry is undeniable.

Unfortunately I also have JuJu who I am currently trying to trade for a RB. His stats are gonna take a hit I figure.

4. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Throwing to Switzer is the same as an incompletion. A catch for 0 yards or an incompletion for 0 yards.

The less we see of him, the better our team will be.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    After Sunday's game... looks like the entire offense will benefit with Rudolph at QB. It wasn't doing squat with Ben.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Basically you can just flip a coin and see how the offense will respond. SF probably doesn't have much planning and game film on him as well as the rest of the NFL. I don't expect him to light it up nor do I think he will completely falter. I also don't believe he will pull out a win this Sunday unfortunately. I just don't think the talent around him is enough for him to be successful right off the bat.

Now if we had the 2 players that are no longer here on the team he would be much more successful. Too bad they don't though cause Mason would benefit from that type of talent surrounding him.

I expect short drives and few splash plays. Turnovers from the defense will be key but in the same token they have to give the offense a chance.

Not confident at all about winning this weekend but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised and they pull off the upset. Lord knows we need a W.

• Like Like x 2
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I still think Ben is a better qb, but not this version of Ben.

Hungry Mason > Inflammed elbow\september\missing AB Ben.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I don't mean missing AB as in missing a target to throw to, I mean missing him as a companion, good friend, and probably a soul mate. Ben is crushed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben is crushed. He can't play this season.

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    His elbow wasn't injured, his heart was.

11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m joking but did anyone see bens facial expressions and overall demeanor? Dude looked sad and tired

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Who suffers: Steeler fans
    Who benefits: The 13 other teams we play

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Samuels, mcdonald, washington. I think these 3 will benefit from the reindeer. So will fichtners offense. 49ers defense suffers.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    My brothers are cowboys fans and they say mason won’t do anything and dak this dak that.

Please mason...

16. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Thats scheme though...I don't blame him for that. They like to say he is our Eldleman...but you don't see Edleman running crossing routes at the line of scrimmage....get the boy 3 yards down field...now its a decent running play.

HACK

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steeler fans will suffer when we have to watch Switzer and his receptions for little to no yardage :shrug:.