1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistic best case scenario

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Rudolph proves competent, gets us to 9-7 and a WC berth. Perhaps we win the WC game before losing to the Chiefs/Ravens/Pats. Ben comes back healthy, we trade Rudolph for a 2020 1st rounder. We use the 1st rounder to make up for the one we gave up for Fitzpatrick and draft Chase Young to replace Dud Dupree. Suddenly with Watt and Young providing a pass rush and competent safety play with Fitzpatrick we have a top 5 defense in 2020 with a reinvigorated Ben playing for 2-3 more seasons.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The problem with this scenario is that when the draft happens this spring we will still not know whether Ben is healthy or not. So if Rudolph leads the Steelers to a 9-5 record the rest of the way there is no way they would trade him.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The writing is on the wall already, the future is now!!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BigBensPosse

BigBensPosse Active Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Ben is done. Why does everyone in Pittsburgh think he’s all that and a bag of chips? YAC that’s where Ben got the majority of his yards last year. He made no significant plays in our season ending losing streak last year. The majority of his yards after the catch. Not Ben stretching the defense and getting the ball down field. He can’t read a defense to save his ass. His career is over. He had 5000 yards last year and where were we when the post season started. A 5000 yard QB should be in the playoffs. He wasn’t because he is just a YAC guy. Yards after catch. When he was called on to step up like a top notch quarterback should he failed miserably.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    CE2408DE-9FBC-4363-B95F-217408705321.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah that's brilliant. Trade a young up and coming QB and settle for old, worn out QB who will retire in a couple of years. Absolutely brilliant. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    And this is coming from a guy who was a Big Ben supporter back in the day. Move on already! The Giants have now realized this as well with Manning. The FO were morons for giving Ben an extension to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here let me help......
    79DA9B23-71A8-4832-8F48-97F6582A1B26.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Rudolph goes 12-2 the rest of the way and everyone will be like "he has tremendous trade value!"

then we get 2 first rounders for him in which we draft jarvis dupree and senquez edmunds who both end up being cut while Ben retires and we ride paxton lynch to 5 straight 4-12 seasons

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Best case is 9-7 and barely make the W/C as said above. I don’t think they have the skill players on offence to do this though unless Washington and Johnson have a major breakout. It was going to be a struggle even with Ben healthy and the Steelers seem to be getting a lot of injuries elsewhere as well. Conner leaving both games early has to be a worry as they are depending on him to take the pressure off Mason. I’d say 6-10 is more realistic overall.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    You forgot the bit where Butler is promoted to HC, and forgets to hire a DC in his place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Looks like to me that Mr. Lava is a real geyser of brilliant ideas. :facepalm:

upload_2019-9-18_13-44-8.jpeg

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    im reading more and more that Tomlin is the one actually calling the shots on defense...

i could be wrong

15. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Dadgummit I knew I forgot something!

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If Rudolph proves only competent and nothing more, then I think Ben plays for us and we keep Rudolph. If Rudolph plays at a high level, I think we say goodbye to Ben. Just IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    9-7 and don't qualify for playoffs again.
    Edit misworded Do qualify for playoffs I meant to say. me bad.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  18. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    That would make two of you then .

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Rudolf plays well in a more balanced offense and takes us to 9 n 7 and a WC berth.

Bud gets hurt and Ola gets his chance to play and he looks like a young JH ripping around tackles and racking up sacks. Watt has a huge year from the other side and draws double teams leaving the door open for Tuitt to play like he did in the first half against the Seahawks.
    Minkah solidifies the back end and with the pressure up front the DB'S start making interceptions.

The defense is finally back baby and after squeaking in to the WC game we run the table to no#7.

Oh sorry forgot the realistic part. We finish at 8 and 8 in the middle of the pack and earn the 11th pick so we sort of break even on the Minkah trade.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If it's the best case scenario, then they finish 14-2
    worst case is 0-16

Likely scenario, IMHO is somewhere between 7-9 and 10-6. Does the defense improve? If so, Mason needs to simply not turn the ball over and they should be competitive in games. I expect them to increase how much they run the ball. If they can successfully do so and limit the big plays: runs over 10 and passes over 20, then they'll compete for a playoff spot.

My best prediction is they win this week and next. Tomlin comes out and says "the reports of a funeral for the Steelers' season was a bit premature."

21. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Rudolph needs to win a game first.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    My big question in this thread is how bad are our players hurt coming out of the Seattle game?
    Obviously, Ben is gone for the year..
    How Badly is Conner Hurt?
    I know we put Burns on IR, but we got Fitz to upgrade/ replace him...
    I`m trying to be optimistic, that Mason gets some help from his Tight Ends, and receivers not named JU-Ju...
    Washington needs to have a breakout year, and, someone else has to help out... I trust Ju-Ju, will, but he
    can`t do it alone..
    If Conner is fairly healthy, it might force us to use him more, like we should, and if Mason can deliver the ball
    to people that actually catch it, I think we have a fighting chance...
    Boswell seems to have his confidence back, and I`m not TOOO worried about our defense..

If we get back to old school Steeler football, with the running game opening up play action, and screens, I still
    think we have the talent to compete with any team in this league...
    Hopefully, they will use a poor start as motivation to do better...
    Then again, I thought we would either win, or compete hard against New England, to start the year, so what do I know?
    Given how hot the Cravens have started, I would say, a wild card berth is best case scenario, but it`s still 14 games to go,
    they can have injuries, too, long road to go...
    But I have blind faith, that we are still in the mix, even without Ben!!!
    Don`t take my Black and Gold glasses off, Dammit!!!:herewego!::herewego::clapping:

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think Young goes 1st overall...I don't think Mason has that value with anything less than a Super Bowl MVP.

That being said...If Mason does put up great numbers...If the Steelers could get top picks for backup QB's like the Pats do...I am all for it.

HACK

24. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL!! That's what I thought I had read.

25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

We had a season ending losing streak last year?:shrug: Hmm. Must have missed that debacle.