1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Oct 6, 2010 - The Patriots traded Randy Moss to the Vikings for a 3rd round pick.

Brown will get chances because of his talent and investment but even Belichick has his limits.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Put on pats Jersy and your untachable

8. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    I don’t know what Antonio Brown did, but he’s already damned by misogynist language

By Sally Jenkins
    September 11

Skank whore here, checking in. Dumb ass b!tch, reporting for work. After climbing through the thicket of social media insults that regularly starts the day of a woman in a sportsman’s business, I sat down to read Antonio Brown’s alleged text messages to a young woman who is accusing him of rape. It’s of course impossible to tell from the lawsuit, filed the day after he signed with the New England Patriots, whether he’s guilty of that crime. But if those texts are his, he most assuredly is guilty of using language that countenances it, and now he’s in the position of trying to explain that it was just words.

You want to be thought of as a good man falsely accused? Then don’t talk like a crude, rapacious brute. Find a different expression. Search out an articulacy, something other than the tongue-tied dead-end vulgar cough that is the word “b!tch.” She’s a “lien b!tch thought it was easy to get a come up.” She’s a “weak b!tch” and a “fake hoe.” She and her mother, too, are “dum ass hoes.” This isn’t innocent language. To employ the phrase of Toni Morrison, it’s “mutant language designed to throttle women.”

You want the benefit of the doubt? Try talking less like a cut from “A B!tch Iz A B!tch,” and more like New England Patriots tight end Benjamin Watson, who just reduced Laura Ingraham to stammering in a television debate with well-stated facts. Every time I hear Watson speak or read one of his excellent blogs, I feel an overwhelming relief that reminds me of what Morrison wrote in her eulogy of James Baldwin: “In your hands language was handsome again.”

On Tuesday, I congratulated Brown for having the smarts and self-control and self-determination to get himself to the Patriots, as opposed to letting himself be powerlessly trapped on a bad team. Today, after reading the messages included in the lawsuit filed by his accuser, I feel compelled to state that I don’t know who Brown really is. I can only hope he’s innocent. But what I do know is that I’m sick of athletes (and their worshipers) who apparently never learned a primary language beyond misogyny, a language that treats women as punchable sex dolls, and excuses violence because the hoe had it coming.

I don’t know the first thing about Britney Taylor, either, whether she’s a victim or an ex looking for a settlement — Brown’s lawyer says the relationship was consensual and she wanted the player to invest $1.6 million in a business project. What I do know is that language matters. As Rebecca Solnit has written, “When you turn ‘torture’ into ‘enhanced interrogation’ . . . you break the power of language to convert meaning, to make us see, feel, and care.’” A fifth of all the “bitches” in America are raped. Feel that. Approximately 1,500 “bitches” a year are killed by male partners, and studies show that prostitution, or “hoeing” in his parlance, is the riskiest occupation in the United States when it comes to violence. Feel it.

to read rest of article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...57cf6abd_story.html?arc404=true&noredirect=on

• Like Like x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    This "reporter" needs to make up her mind because she's all over the place.

10. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    she is, but I agree with her main point that AB does himself no favors by calling his baby mommas, ex-es and any woman who defies him such derogatory names.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When you get new information its ok to revaluate your position. Those texts are very telling and shines a light on who Brown really is. The accusations become much more believable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not just women, everyone he is 'done' with.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    you're right, good point. the last two guys who cooked for him come to mind...

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Nike cut ties with AB ( i never new AB had a deal with them)

16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    For a league that was so quick to suspend Ben Roethlisberger and Ezekiel Elliott, although no charges were filed, they are sure dragging their feet with this one. Even when a certain individual has been indicted for cocaine, the league drags its feet. Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Because there are rules for the other 31 teams in the league and another set for the other one. If Brown would have stayed with the Raiders the league would have already come down hard on him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I don't believe that they've interviewed him yet, only her. I doubt that anything can be done without giving AB a chance to tell his side of the story. The players do have a union backing them.

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Just give the Patriots to the XFL. Start another franchise in St. Louis, realign the conferences.

20. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019

I heard he’s got new endorsement deals with Lysol and Beano in the works, though...

21. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/19/antonio-brown-accuser-text-messages

A woman who says Antonio Brown made an unwanted sexual advance toward her in 2017 and was fired after not reciprocating received what she characterized as intimidating texts from the Patriots wide receiver on Wednesday night in the wake of a Sports Illustrated story detailing her allegations, according to her lawyer in a letter sent to the NFL on Thursday evening, which included screen shots of the messages.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    it's against NFL player conduct policy/rules to intimidate, AB might have really screwed himself this time...

23. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    As I've said all along, he's a very low IQ person and he just cannot help himself.

Just.
    Shut.
    The.
    F.
    Up.

He can't do it. This is really bad. He's toast now. Im betting epically long suspension.

• Like Like x 1
  24. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    More proof that he's a F'ing moron......his attorney was one of the people on the group text. :roflmao:

That poor guy. He's no dummy. Imagine getting that text? LOLOLOLOLOL.
    This guy is going down in flames.

25. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    He should be toast but I will wait to see it before I believe it. It would just be so NFL if they drag their feet until after the year when he is no longer a Patriot.

• Agree Agree x 1