1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Paxton Lynch

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think a key requirement was to find someone with practice squad eligibility. If not for that, I’m guessing we would have brought Landry back.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't see this as a bad idea we are talking about our #3 QB after the 2nd week of the season........that right there should have us all worried. Sorry guess I missed his HOF career but Duck hasn't done anything to make me feel warm and fuzzy if something happens to Mason. Who the heck were we suppose to sign.......Kappy??????? If that day happens my fan card will be turned in!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    We know it isn't Moncrief because he could not catch the snap from Pouncey. My guess is Switzer because if he runs the ball, his yards per carry will be higher than his yards per catch. By the way, did anyone see Switzer's yards per catch is 4.1, but Moncrief's is even less at 2.3 (3 catches, 7 yards)? And this is what the Steelers have been putting out for their #2 and slot receivers.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol its like the same 10 trash qb's just floating around on the back end while people on football forums going "dammit why didn't we sign Jamarcus Russel/JP Losman/Ryan leaf" lol

lol these guys are just bodies... no offense

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If you call them ducks in, you have to have a gun to shoot them. Hodges has a gun and we have a dog sitting there waiting to retrieve them. Sit. Good boy paxton. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    That picture of him and his girlfriend would explain the bad work ethic. He's probably exhausted when he shows up for practice.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bill Paxton and John Lynch had a baby and he is named Paxton Lynch

8. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Lynch should have followed this advice:
    Sparky Lyle, the former Yankee pitching star, said that his minor league pitching coach gave him the best advice ever. "Stay away from girls they will ruin your career". "Every time you think of a girl, jag off and throw a dollar bill in the trunk of your car". "That way at the end of summer you'll still have your fastball and a trunk full of money".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Quarterbacks who are six feet, seven inches or greater have historically been supbar to well below average. That is not going to change for Paxton. Only reason Paxton is on the team is due to familiarity as Randy Fichtner attended Paxton's Pro Day back in 2016.

That being said, I am willing to give him a shot on the PS. At the absolute worst, let us see what Randy can do with him. One thing is for certain... he is NOT the future of the Steelers.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He's ready for the zoot suit riots!

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    My favorite Yankee back then and I never heard this quote :lolol:

12. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Lyle wrote an autobiography called the "Bronx Zoo" many years ago with this quote in it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Paxton Lynch... Another week in the show. Stays on the 53 man roster.

I like his upside a whole lot more than Ducks; hoping he sticks around to compete for the backup job.
    Seems to have his head on straight after flopping as a 1st round draft pick.

It is a shame he did not take the #12 jersey... That would have been great!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't know about that, I believe in second chances especially with new teams. However what has Lynch shown that leads you to believe he has more upside? From day one there was nothing but questions about him and he really didn't show a whole lot with Denver. As a matter of many teams felt the same way with only the Seahawks giving him a chance and he couldn't make it through pre season. He was beat out in Denver by Chad Kelly and Kevin Hogan and Geno Smith in Seattle. On the other side Duck played well in his limited time he has gotten this year. IMO Duck has the bigger upside, I have nothing against Lynch but Duck has played better so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The whole jersey number thing with the Steelers really irks me. If the jersey is not officially retired by the Steelers, then it should be available.

I adore the Steelers players that wore #12, #32, #43, #58, #59, #86 and #36.... but WTH? It's not fair to Stallworth, Swann and Heath Miller.

If Steelers somehow could land Von Miller next year in a trade with Denver to go with Watt at OLB.... he should get to wear #58.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    58b
    Lambert is my all-time greatest great of Steelers lore.

• Like Like x 1