1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sean Davis Placed On IR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 17, 2019.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Too bad they were only shadow boxing.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I think the coaching staff is physically healthy. Not sure about mentally though.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks Sean Davis is no FS. If they decide to bring him back which I doubt
    he should be competing for the SS position with Edmunds. They both have along way to go to be
    productive in the NFL. They are bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    You’re assuming we resign him? He’s an unrestricted free agent at the end of this season.

5. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    We stayed amazingly healthy in 2018. Of course there were some injuries but not the number or severity of the league norm. Karma came back to bite us in the buttocks this year.

6. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well this stinks it means Edunds and is super tackling skills will stay on the field. :tequila:

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Edmunds has his issues, but I think he’s already a better player than Davis - and it’s not even close. Davis misses a lot of tackles as well. He had a terrible whiff Sunday.

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Let’s paint with a broad brush. They both suck. As does our inside linebackers as does Bud Dupree.

No reason to sugar coat things anymore we all have plenty of tape on these bums except for Bush. He’s looked bad but it’s only 2 games.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Davis & his destructive tendencies is off it.

10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I hear what you are saying and not sitting here giving a pass on Davis but IMO I have seen good out of Davis I just haven't seen any good out of Edmunds. I get it he hasn't had a lot of time but I guess I expect a whole lot more out of our first rounders. JMO :smiley1:

11. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Fitzpatrick never said he doesn't want to play safety, where did that come from? He didn't want to be used entirely as an "in-the-box" safety/LBer. The Dolphins had him playing 6 different positions, his natural positions are FS and slot CB. This tam just got a big shot in the arm with him, he can actually cover and has instincts unlike Davis and Edmunds who ae almost always out of position and nether can cover.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Can you see Fitzpatrick picking off Lamar a few times this season o soothsayer Heinz? Already faced him once.