1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Eli Rogers is in Pittsburgh today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Still talking about Switzer like he is holding them back :facepalm:

6 targets was too much and yesterday he wasn’t involved, having trouble keeping your bs straight huh :goofy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't understand what they think Eli will do? The problem right now is scheme and usage. It's like they changed nothing and just decided Juju is taking Brown's place and we will just plug and play. If they are going to do that and assume teams will dbl up on Juju then they need to scheme for a favorable match up on the other side. You go bunch and drive two deep and draw that other safety in and hit the open man. Scheme to use Mac on a one on one with the LB. It isn't about whether Rogers is more polished in the slot then Switzer because right now the two defenses they faced were dictating those 1 yard throws to Switzer and Conner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Jacoby Jones

4. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The more options you have at this point the better. Mongrief is new and can’t catch. JW year 2. DJ rookie. Holton new. Eli knows the system and is a better WR than Switzer. He showed that even after not playing for 11 months . Maybe it’s me but I would prefer better players so at least there’s a chance of making a difference.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Catch a football. Literally that's it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Keep seeing Eli is better than Switzer. He's so good, no team wants him.

Switzer > Eli

Maybe Eli will end up having Landry throw passes to him. Another superior talent that no one wanted.

7. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Wished we could've kept Dontae Spencer ...oh well

8. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    I was a big Switzer fan ...but so far "run after catch" is not in his tool box ...he's dependable if your expecting minimum but absolutely no threat on special teams & slot ...in other words I see no up-side

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Can he play Safety, Edmunds is terrible also. Minka will make people forget about Sean Davis quickly.
    Now to work on Edmunds. Back to original thread bye bye Switzer.

10. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Classy move on his part. Made me like him more.

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    .....and to think there were thoughts he could be another Edelman in the right system. I’m sure Ben getting hurt completely extinguished those thoughts. Damn I may never know the truth....

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah Switzer and his 4 ypc :shrug:

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    7 actually based off of last year and not 2 games this year, 1 of which he wasnt used which is what you wanted :shrug:

Where’s Eli again? :roflmao:

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Switzer's problem is he thinks he's better than he actually is, he shared that story to the media about him and Ben texting each other being like Brady and Edelman :facepalm:. Also after AB left he was talking about all the targets that would be available now, like he's some major factor. He will be phased out soon, once they get tired of him catching passes for little to no gain.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m pretty sure it’s just you thinking he is better than he is :lolol:

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Moncrief threw off the whole structure off on what they wanted to do on O...Word was he was having a better camp than ANYONE at WR, And Ben was loving him ( that's why they got him ) WOULD have been a legit no.2...then that moves everyone else down s notch.. Washington, Johnson, Switzer, Holton... WOULD, Have been much better obviously

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Nope, I hear it all the time on podcasts, also from fans and media on Twitter.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You hear all the time that Switzer thinks he is better than he is? o_O

You’re probably right about one thing, his involvement is going to take a hit without Ben but I could also see Mason leaning on him, he’s a good check down option.

We’ll see.

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I don't think the Steelers have let him get past the los yet.

20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    There's a reason Switzer is getting targets only within a yard or two of the line of scrimmage and that reason isn't that Switzer is really dynamic and a threat in the passing game.

21. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Eli rodgers is much better player than switzer..... i do not get the switzer thing...........

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I got why he was on the team when he was the punt returner. I don't get it if he is not the punt returner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It isn’t. You’re kidding. You know who had only 4 targets in week 1 and 3 of them were in the last few minutes of the game? Well we know who had 6 last week but only 1 this week. You know who was 7-7 in receptions with 2 TDs this week? The guy who should be getting more targets and a young QBs best friend.....Vance McDonald. Seriously speaking though., Switzer might actually be the 2nd biggest threat on offense. You wanna know who’s 1st......................everybody else. :roflmao:

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I worded it wrong, I hear from the fans and the media about the targets, they want to see Washington and Johnson get more targets.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m sure they will but they want those guys on the outside. JuJu and Johnson will run routes from the slot occasionally but for the most part, that will be Switzers roll. I see Washington primarily on the outside.