1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Ben loss praise/complaint thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Look, I've been frustrated with some things about Ben like a lot of Steeler Nation, but I've been a Steelers fan since the late 70s and the reality is, Ben has been responsible for making me more hopeful as a Steelers fan and more excited about the possibility of winning since the late 70s.

Yes, there's "good Ben" and there's "bad Ben." Yes, he has, at times, been over dramatic. Yes, he has his ups and downs, but I'll always remember the Steelers years from 2004 and up until the last couple of years with fond memories of some great football.

I don't know what the future holds, and if he'll be done like Bradshaw was with the elbow injury, or if he'll be back (I'm doubtful), but I'm thankful for for the excitement Ben has brought for a lot of years.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Mostly praise from me. Franchise QBs don’t grow on trees, and he was definitely a franchise QB. Did he have his warts? Yep. Did it seem to me like he could have/should have prepared more during the offseason and have week? Yep. However, he was the #1 key to this team usually being in contention. I am cautiously optimistic that Rudolph will play well enough to help the team stay relevant for the remainder of the season, but we will most likely be missing Ben a whole lot.

Unrelated note @SteelinOhio - nice custom paint job. What brand guitar is that? It looks a lot like a Fat Strat, but the body contours look a bit different to me. Kind of Jackson-like.

3. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Unfortunately, while I play guitar and have quite a few, that one isn't mine. I'd love to have it, though :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    When Ben was drafted my hope was that some day he would lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl. The fact that he led us to 3 Bowls winning 2 was beyond expectations for me.
    Ben was a great competitor above all else. Even the Super Bowl win over the Seahawks where he had a poor passing day he made football plays to help win the game. On a 3rd and around 30 he hits Hines Ward for a 36 yard gain to the one and then Ben runs it in from there. He made a key block on the flea flicker from Randle-El to Ward. Facing a crucial 3rd down late in the game he ran a bootleg for a first down to seal the game.
    When Ben was on it was a thing of beauty as he set NFL records for 500 plus yard games and threw 6 TD's on a couple of occasions. When he wasn't on he was like a great baseball pitcher who didn't have his best stuff but battled and fought to get the win. I rank him as one of my favorite Steelers of all time and I have been watching them since the mid 1960's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Ben was likly experiencing issues in the NE game because he looked like hot garbage.