1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben placed on IR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BLACKGOLD CHAMPS, Sep 16, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So what, none of these internet doctor's with opinions have examined Ben's elbow. Let the dude have his surgery before jumping to conclusions :facepalm:.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Overall including playoffs he did go 14–1. 13–0 in the regular season

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ugly

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree 100%.
    People that have no access to his medical records and no access to Ben are only guessing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Honestly doesn’t really even matter? I mean that money is going out to the cap Whether he’s here or not.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

They can be fired at any point of the season!! Best yet, they can be fired if there is someone waiting in the wings!! Sounds lovely doesn't it?!

Now... I wonder who on this Coaching Staff is a SEINOR DEFENSIVE ASSITANT?!?! :hmm:

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Stop trying to make dadgum sense, wudjah?

• Like Like x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Before he got hurt this yr he was on pace to break Favre's record for most sacks of all time. Hes already ahead of brady who's played like 4 more seasons than him. Hes taking a lot of punishment. He was knicked and dinged up for a lot of his career.

10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I only mentioned Landry for the Landry Haters...... He actually played well when called upon so I never quite got the hatred....

I too have hope in Mason...... we will now see if our offensive woes are due to Ben or Randy F....

Cajun

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Making lemonade out of lemons.

Obviously Mason is not Ben but maybe it results in better game plans. We get to find out what kind of OC Fichtner really is now. I remember one positive about him was he likes to involve FBs, maybe we will finally see Rosie have a bigger roll. Maybe they become more efficient on short yardage and goal line situations, a more balanced attack. More RPOs.

They can turn it into a positive, they can still win with Mason.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelAU

SteelAU Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
  13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh Geezus.

Fact: Ben has a torn UCL
    Fact: Torn UCL surgery is also known as Tommy John surgery
    Fact: Recovery time from Tommy John surgery is 1-2 years

You don't need to see Ben or have access to his medical records to determine those facts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Rex Ryan?

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thanks # 7. You were awesome to watch.:applaud::cool:

• Like Like x 2
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    The ramifications are. We should of tagged him like I said

17. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Once it’s taken from you, all of a sudden you’re not ready to go.

Kinda makes you appreciate things a little more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    B2BAE5A9-0110-43B8-B103-23AFD073B0E8.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe they can let Ben Play the last game or two next season as the 1st Round Bye will be locked up!
    Hahahahahahaha!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019

I think that is a pretty big stretch of a statement. No talent? Come on. That just isn't realistic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

• Like Like x 1
  22. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If Rudolph turns out to be a capable NFL starter the next 2 seasons then I can't imagine Ben coming back to be a backup for the 2021 season. What I would hate to see is Ben trying to prove that he has one good year left and go play for the Dolphins or the Raiders for the 2021 season. It would be like when Unitias spent his last season has a freaking Charger.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fact: Every patient is different.
    More than likely those estimates are going to be correct, but until someone from the Steelers gives specific details then these guys are speculating based on generic information.

24. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I am in the camp that says Ben does not retire. I believe he will give it a try next year. If it ain't there, then of course he ends it.

Before any of that happens though it is important to wait until the surgery is over. MRI's are all well and good but until the doctors actually see what is going on, no one really knows the extent of the damage.

If it is The End, then that is a tough way to go out. As much as I have been on his case over the last 2 years, I hate to see any high ranking professional leave the game due to an injury. Especially one where it doesn't seem to have been caused by contact. Father time though does get everyone.

Time now to look on the bright side if that is possible with this bunch of bums but this might be the awakening of a great QB. We don't know yet. Look at history and you will see many greats that got their chance because someone got hurt. Sports is filled with this scenario.

As for Mason, I hope he does well. Will he win 14 games, this year? No. Will he throw some crummy interceptions? Yes. Will he look like a rookie more than once or twice in the weeks to come? Yep. I can live with all the mistakes over the next 14 weeks but you have to start somewhere. Only one QB in my memory has been able to step off the bus and into the spotlight without missing a beat and that was Marino. All the other QB's that I can think of all had their problems early on. So, truth be told, Mason IS going to make mistakes and IS going to throw some INT's. It is going to be a real learning process for him but he DOES have the tools. I have a vested interest in him since I have some history there, so I hope he can come in and hit the ground running so to speak.

It is going to be a long year. The team is not that good. Mason is not going to make it worse. The good things are that they have some very young guys and this might, just might be a chance to build something with all these young guys, especially the WR's. So, it could be something good. I'll take what little ray of hope there is and go with that.

rutan

25. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Where did you see it was a fact that Bens is UCL... only place I have seen it is Jason La Canfora said "it sounds like Tommy John"

Im not saying you are wrong.. i just have not seen it anywhere but there.

HACK