1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

49ers pregame thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 16, 2019.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Not giving up. Not giving up in the sense that if Rudolph starts a couple of games I want to see what he truly has. I want to see if Devin Bush will improve. Can the defense gain any kind of traction and gel as a unit?

san fran has scored 72 points in 2 games. We play west coast too so.. yea

I want to be optimistic but I will just listen to Heinz and accept the inevitable 0-3. That will probably seal the fate of this team. I have seen weirder things happen though.

Lets go Rudolph, hope you score a ton to give life in this sinking ship.

HWGS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Rudolph starts... Steelers will lose by anywhere from 4-7 points, because of the porous, ineffective D. If Ben starts... 49ers will win by 3 scores.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    SFs offense has some weapons for sure. It’s time to get back to basics. Two TEs and even a extra OL on occasion. Establish a running game even without Conner. Use Samuels and Snell. Get the QB under center most of the time and use play action. The only WRs to see the field should be JUJU,JW,DJ and Holton. Switzer and Mongrief should get the JW( benched) treatment like last year. Keep McDonald heavily involved and Grimble a couple shots down the seam.

Keep DJ as the PR and either him or Holton on KRs. Improving our field position on STs will help Rudolph. Switzer isn’t getting it done there either so I’m willing to give the more explosive guys a chance. If we don’t possess the ball and control the clock,our secondary will be exposed again. Probably even worse. Oh and somebody might want to tell Butler the Kittle guy is pretty good too....

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    SF has a great TE in Kittle. We seem to forget the position exists when we play defense. Kittle will have over 100 yards and multiple TDs (where he will be uncovered).

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Kittle is going to be one excited guy, once he watches the film of yesterdays game.

If we keep a lid on him, I will be shocked and elated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    If our DBs even realize he is on the field I will be excited. Any TE must love playing the Steelers D.

7. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Ben is out for season.

I am going to this game. Flying from Phoenix. Will be first game for my kids, Lambert and Bleier

I have faith they will at least show up.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I have a gut feeling we will win this game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    niners defense is for real to go along with their offense, not to mention kyle shanahan will out coach these clods we have for coaches, we will get blown out in this game and it aint gonna be pretty and after the game tomlin will say we had jet lag ....

10. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    This game vs. 49ers will be shoot out, IMO. I'm expecting both teams to score in the 30's. 49ers have the better defense and home field... so it will be an uphill battle for Steelers.

11. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    15 years ago Ben took over for Maddox, after an elbow injury. Hmmmmm.....

12. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Eli Rogers has been spotted at the Steelers facility.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I assume Rudolph is the starter for rest of season. He does not have the team Ben had in his early years but the kid seems to have fire in his belly. No way will it be as much fun as Ben's first season which I think was a 13-0 regular season record but should be fun to watch.

One good thing, I'll be able to spell his last name:)

Steelers about to be 0-3.

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    What you didn't want to name your kids Frenchy???
    Hahah

15. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    49ers have the better offense/defense/home field/coaching and we suck in the west coast.

Now add in a qb starting his first full game. What can go wrong?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I thought the Dolphins were going to destroy the Steelers when Ben first took over. We won that game and 13 more after that. But of course... we had the Big Nasty D and Duce Staley. :facepalm:

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    maybe just maybe the defense shores up a bit while Rudolph cleans up the offense and we win 9 games out of 14?

18. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Duce Staley before he wore sweat pants

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Duce was an awesome RB before he got injured that year. Sadly, he never recovered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers never play well in California.

Maybe Mason Rudolph is the cure for that problem.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    i'm more worried about our D being able to stop anybody when it matters, more so than having a backup QB starting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    He was a great running back for the Eagles, we got him on his last legs. I always remember Cowher telling him in Super Bowl XL at the end of the game when it was wrapped up, sorry I didn't get you a carry.

But he was just glad to get the ring. I think he's on the Eagle's coaching staff now.

23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree. There's several starters on D that need to get on with their life's work after this season... and several backups, too.

24. diesel

diesel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011

Negative...lol. My daughter likes being named Bleier. She might not like frenchy that much

• Like Like x 1
  25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I do have faith Mason can nab his first win. I also believe that the offense will be more functional than in weeks past. My issue is not entirely with the offense.

My issue is the defense. The talent is there... mostly anyway. The issue is a Defensive Coordinator who attempts to outsmart his opponents but outsmarts himself in the end.

Placing your players in unwinnable matchups?!?! Who would have thought?! Oh wait...

[​IMG]

#FKBI